What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Put new plants in yesterday, inspected today and hoped they grow faster than being eaten. Should of got some more. Checked on neon tetras in QT, all still alive so far. Water change tomorrow.

I'm pretty sure my betta keeps picking off my green neons in the 10 gallon. I started with 6 three days ago and now I have 4.

Hey everybody!

I'm pretty excited because I've been cycling my new 55g tank for about a week now and today we added two of our mollies in there to speed up the process a little. They can't enough of the swimming room! I know it looks rough now but it's going to come together so nice when we actually start putting it all together. Substrate, decor, building a hood and proper lighting is all next! :) image-1274188199.jpg

Moved one of my zoa frags from the sand bed up to the rock, fed all the tanks, 10% WC on 10g QT, replaced it with fresh RODI water to lower salinity in the tank. Tested with hydrometer on both tanks, QT is at 1.019 and DT id at 1.022 so all is good. added fresh SW to DT and am about to check the levels in the 20 long. Going out to get a "cleaner clam". Briliant barbs, could you remind me the name of them?

Moved one of my zoa frags from the sand bed up to the rock, fed all the tanks, 10% WC on 10g QT, replaced it with fresh RODI water to lower salinity in the tank. Tested with hydrometer on both tanks, QT is at 1.019 and DT id at 1.022 so all is good. added fresh SW to DT and am about to check the levels in the 20 long. Going out to get a "cleaner clam". Briliant barbs, could you remind me the name of them?
Cherrystones :)

Well last night I found my 7 year old (almost 8) big blue 6" Gourami had passed. She had what looked like a big tumor, and it had been getting bigger, so I think it was just her time to go.

Today I found a 1+" Mystery snail dead/ shell empty in my 6.6G Edge Fire Red Cherry Shrimp tank, so I am thinking there must have been a spike while I was on vacation. Also thinking no more Mystery snails in there. It was a little baby originally and I was about to move it anyway to a bigger tank.

I was going to move a bunch of fish from my 37G to my 72G tomorrow but got called into work instead. :(

Watched and fed some of the fish.

My 2 newer Siamese Algae Eaters are fun to see chasing each other all around the tank, and kinda "dancing" with each other. Wondering if they are up to something?!?

In the 37G, one Rainbow Blue Platy had about 5 babies. There aren't any big fish to eat them (only Cardinals which could possibly eat them but haven't noticed any issues). Momma was a good fish net evader when I was trying to move her and the rest of her family to the other tank, and she was a good hider and ended up staying in there, so now more babies.

Betta is looking stronger and almost normal. Very happy about that.

Overall today is a better day in fish land. :fish1:

Well yesterday I gave y friend back the two fish I had considered not giving back and retold her how to better care for them ... Her responsibility now . ... Today I need to do WC wen I get home might buy spring water to use with indoor water softner water cuz it's to cold to get water outside bagh snow

Well last night I found my 7 year old (almost 8) big blue 6" Gourami had passed. She had what looked like a big tumor, and it had been getting bigger, so I think it was just her time to go.

Today I found a 1+" Mystery snail dead/ shell empty in my 6.6G Edge Fire Red Cherry Shrimp tank, so I am thinking there must have been a spike while I was on vacation. Also thinking no more Mystery snails in there. It was a little baby originally and I was about to move it anyway to a bigger tank.

I was going to move a bunch of fish from my 37G to my 72G tomorrow but got called into work instead. :(

Watched and fed some of the fish.

My 2 newer Siamese Algae Eaters are fun to see chasing each other all around the tank, and kinda "dancing" with each other. Wondering if they are up to something?!?

In the 37G, one Rainbow Blue Platy had about 5 babies. There aren't any big fish to eat them (only Cardinals which could possibly eat them but haven't noticed any issues). Momma was a good fish net evader when I was trying to move her and the rest of her family to the other tank, and she was a good hider and ended up staying in there, so now more babies.

Betta is looking stronger and almost normal. Very happy about that.

Overall today is a better day in fish land. :fish1:

Sorry to hear about your gourami :( I've just lost my betta too tumours only had him for 2 months.
Good to hear your betta is improving hope he gets better for you.

Neon juvies were acting funny in the 4gal, tested the water and all was good but then pH read off the charts! Dont know how this tank keeps rising but its a right pain. Did a 50% WC and added some pH down to the new water.

Cleaned some leaves off the surface in my DT, cories are out and playing tonight, glad the 2 new guys i added last week have settled in :)

Attachments

• image-2726250545.jpg
    image-2726250545.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 63
  • image-1138764895.jpg
    image-1138764895.jpg
    177.3 KB · Views: 81
Please allow me to introduce the star of the show,

Diddy P.
I got a new puffer, Tetraodon Biocellatus, he is acclimating.
Moved tetra shoal to 120. New cryptocoryne plants for 120 which I will be planting.
Got loads of consumables for the "shed"

Water changes to do, well more like top ups to both 750 and 120.
Don't forget the feeding!

This is him still bagged up,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111.5 KB · Views: 100
Neon juvies were acting funny in the 4gal, tested the water and all was good but then pH read off the charts! Dont know how this tank keeps rising but its a right pain. Did a 50% WC and added some pH down to the new water.

Cleaned some leaves off the surface in my DT, cories are out and playing tonight, glad the 2 new guys i added last week have settled in :)

I tried pH down, the next day, back again, I still have most of it left. JBL stuff.
In the end I went RO.
Glass of tap water left for 24 hours test it for gh/kh if the buffers (kh) are high you are fighting a losing battle. (y)

Diddy P. I got a new puffer, Tetraodon Biocellatus, he is acclimating. Moved tetra shoal to 120. New cryptocoryne plants for 120 which I will be planting. Got loads of consumables for the "shed" Water changes to do, well more like top ups to both 750 and 120. Don't forget the feeding! This is him still bagged up,

is he grinning?

Back
Top Bottom