Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-15-2013, 04:39 PM   #2631
Aquarium Advice Addict

If it were me, IMO id reuse the sponges and get new ceramics. You dont have to buy fluvals media but the sponges you probably would for a better fit. Id still recommend a deep clean soak though. Might even be worth getting some white vinegar, salt and a brush and having a scrub at the filter.

*edit. They look clean to me.. Would be a waste to throw them out. Id still be weiry of the ceramics though.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:40 PM   #2632
Aquarium Advice Freak

Here are photos of the media:

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3985596982.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	159706

Name:	image-1522693203.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	142.3 KB
ID:	159708

Name:	image-471742964.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	159709

Old 03-15-2013, 06:13 PM   #2633
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by molliwopp View Post
If it were me, IMO id reuse the sponges and get new ceramics. You dont have to buy fluvals media but the sponges you probably would for a better fit. Id still recommend a deep clean soak though. Might even be worth getting some white vinegar, salt and a brush and having a scrub at the filter.

*edit. They look clean to me.. Would be a waste to throw them out. Id still be weiry of the ceramics though.
That's what I'm thinking. I'll just give the sponges a good rinse and buy new ceramic rings. Now to just get some purigen and polyfil to replace the carbon that came with it!

Edit: Even with new ceramics, I'm still ending up with a fluvial 306 for $85. SCORE.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:44 PM   #2634

Picked up some angels today.. i picked one n my husband picked one.. he is coming along n doing more and more with the hobby which is good and bad bc now i gotta get fish he likes too..
Old 03-15-2013, 10:47 PM   #2635

Photo ddnt attach ..

Name:	ForumRunner_20130315_204459.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	63.6 KB
ID:	159833
Old 03-15-2013, 10:53 PM   #2636
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Picked up some angels today.. i picked one n my husband picked one.. he is coming along n doing more and more with the hobby which is good and bad bc now i gotta get fish he likes too..
Sounds like you need his and hers aquariums. You may want to work that into your next bargaining agreement. Lol
Old 03-16-2013, 01:13 AM   #2637
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Today I removed every single rock from my 70g African tank to catch ONE female. Total nightmare but gave me a good excuse to completely rearrange the rockwork.
Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #2638
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Water changes! I'm watching my 56 drain right now. Man I love having a water changer. Vac the sand then sit back and watch the water drain away
Old 03-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #2639

Quote:
Originally Posted by apet66 View Post

Sounds like you need his and hers aquariums. You may want to work that into your next bargaining agreement. Lol
Yea .. he is fixing to have his own for his blue crayfish/crawfish .. lol we have 3 tanks in our living room.. which is cramped bc we have a single wide trailor now. i did talk him in to tryin neon tetras with his tank n see how that works been told its a 50/50 as the blue will eat fish.. he is killing me with all the albinos he wants ..

Ordered 4 albino socolofi , 4 albino ob zebras, added 2 more albino cories to the 55g , n he wants a white crayfish/crawfish in a 10g.. i dont like any of those but the socolofi which i talked him into over the albino zebras.. :/ they arrive thursday along with some more i choose
4 pseudo. Chasoli , 4 pseudo. macrothalmus ob , 3 cyno. Zebroid yellow blaze (got a male already)

Cant wait to get them in ..
Old 03-16-2013, 12:12 PM   #2640
Aquarium Advice Freak

Day 2 in the "Brown Algae wars" With the lights off and the double dose of Excel...it seems to be receding a substantial amount! I will add an Oto or 2 today after a trip to my very lfs. New bettas, girl and boy, are adapting nicely. I found about a 2 gal bowl for the new guy and he Loves it...(an old cookie jar, glass and very see thru, just need to drop a few plants in for him) Hope I can find another cookie jar like this, might make a nice breeder/fry tank! Maybe they got like a 3 gal. size.
On other fronts, the snail war is still on! I have removed another 6 from the tank and still I find floating plants! I will keep removing them until I finally break down and change the substrate like I want

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com