What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well i hope everything starts going better for you when you are in the new place. It's nice to know that you have some survivors at least. Maybe next time you have to move you can arrange todo one tank at a time.

So after getting some dwarf chain sword instead of pygmy chain sword yesterday (which i was very sad about). I bought a bunch of the dwarf anyway and planted it between 2 tanks. I noticed a hairline crack in a thermometer i bought a couple of days previously and removed it. Tapped the botttom very gently and it disintegrated so the removal was timely.

Today my Pygmy Chain Sword came in. I celebrated by also buying the smallest Anubias they had there, got them all home and planted the pygmy sword which i planned to put in my tank as the first plant. Opened the Anubias bag later and it had 2 plants in the 1 package :brows: 2 for one deals are sexy in my books so i found a rock to tie one of them to and left the other floating for the moment.

Side thought, fishing line is not fun to tie things down with.

Very happy with the look of the PCS in the foreground. The light green catches the light really well. I just hope my lights support it. My tank is starting to look nice. I might grab a bunch of wisteria to add contrasting shape then i pretty much have my space filled until i decide on some specific lpants i want and upgrade my lighting.

Next step is moving from Comets to something that will suit my 20g tanks better. I really like my big comet though. He eats greens and fruit out of my hand now and brushes my arm like a cat whenever i put my arm in the water. He needs and deserves a bigger tank or a pond but he's such a friendly fish that i don't want to give him up.

Get a bigger tank or a pond! I'm gutted about fish I let go! (Re-homed)
You will be well pleased with a big tank or pond, I vote that!

just waiting for my daughter to wake up so I can get in my fish room/guest room to do my weekly water changes 3 salt 1 fresh 1 brackish
I was reading a booklet at the pet store about recycling salt water and use some of it in the brackish tanks just weaken the salt content with fresh water
Has anyone tried this!!!!!! sounds interesting

just waiting for my daughter to wake up so I can get in my fish room/guest room to do my weekly water changes 3 salt 1 fresh 1 brackish
I was reading a booklet at the pet store about recycling salt water and use some of it in the brackish tanks just weaken the salt content with fresh water
Has anyone tried this!!!!!! sounds interesting

I souldnt do it, you dnt know whats in the water your reuseing. What sizes are your tanks?

Get a bigger tank or a pond! I'm gutted about fish I let go! (Re-homed)
You will be well pleased with a big tank or pond, I vote that!

I have plenty of space for a 75G tank for him in my spare room. I'm thinking of making a DIY plywood and perspex tank for him. I don't own my house though so can't build a pond unless i can devise some way to make one i can drain and move with me. It gets pretty cold in my neck of the woods too. An outdoor pond would come close to freezing solid up here without some method of heating. He's probably the friendliest Comet i've ever owned though so I do want to keep him pretty badly. I'm exploring all options. I'll make a thread when i find a solution to this issue.

I have plenty of space for a 75G tank for him in my spare room. I'm thinking of making a DIY plywood and perspex tank for him. I don't own my house though so can't build a pond unless i can devise some way to make one i can drain and move with me. It gets pretty cold in my neck of the woods too. An outdoor pond would come close to freezing solid up here without some method of heating. He's probably the friendliest Comet i've ever owned though so I do want to keep him pretty badly. I'm exploring all options. I'll make a thread when i find a solution to this issue.

Perspex scratches easy, why not glass? 10 mm should be ok providing it isn't too big/deep. I can see a 75 being born soon! Wood will need some pretty heavy duty supporting frames, that could be tank space.

A fish store near me filled a paddling pool for kids with big regular fish, normally offered in most stores.
It was a display so you could see what you might end up with.

I DIY built a few tanks, it isn't that difficult if you are handy, some people are good with the brain some are good with the hands. Which are you?

I used manufactured tank specs to get an idea of glass spec.
Tube or two of silicone, bobs your mothers brother.

If you are residing in UK I know a fairly good online store with reasonable tank costs. Stands extra but if you are handy, DIY.

Ponds like all things constructed can be destructed. (y)

Lady asked what I wanted for my guppy fry and I said whatever you wanto to give and I got 10$ for about 9 guppy fry

Pic of the QT, turns out the filter shutoff during i was gone so about 4 hours :(. The goby is alright but i did a 2g WC and added a mix of salt and fresh at a salinity of 1.017, trying do do hypo on this guy to help combat ich

Moved a few plants from my 20 over to my cycling 55g. Slowwww progress

Attachments

• image-2040018421.jpg
    image-2040018421.jpg
    193.9 KB · Views: 81
Back
Top Bottom