Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-19-2013, 05:35 PM   #2671
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Added new bogwood to my elephant nose tank it came through the post. The label on it said for Cichilds? Now I'm concerned! It also has a screw in the bottom to hold the top in place. confused! Well added my old piece to my bettas tank but not sure if i like it.
I have a feeling the label saying it for Cichlids just means that the wood won't lower the pH of the tank like some do. Can you attach a photo of the screw? It might be to attach it to a slate base to help it sink.

Old 03-19-2013, 05:42 PM   #2672
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarheel92 View Post
I have a feeling the label saying it for Cichlids just means that the wood won't lower the pH of the tank like some do. Can you attach a photo of the screw? It might be to attach it to a slate base to help it sink.
If it doesn't lower the ph that's good, spoken to the seller he said the screw is stainless steel and it's a 316 marine whatever that means lol i would post pic but I put it in to my tank 10 minutes ago and my light is off sorry! The screw was on the wooden base to hold the top part so it stands up. Thank you for your help

Old 03-19-2013, 05:45 PM   #2673
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

If it doesn't lower the ph that's good, spoken to the seller he said the screw is stainless steel and it's a 316 marine whatever that means lol i would post pic but I put it in to my tank 10 minutes ago and my light is off sorry! The screw was on the wooden base to hold the top part so it stands up. Thank you for your help
If it's stainless, then I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it.
Old 03-19-2013, 06:51 PM   #2674
Aquarium Advice Addict

Just did a 65% pwc on my 55. The 2 guppies in there are happy!
Old 03-19-2013, 07:09 PM   #2675
Aquarium Advice FINatic

80% PWC; I will be doing 2 PWC every week. Tues will be the gravel/glass/filter etc work & Sat will be just a water change. I added what will be the last of holey rocks in the aquarium & another piece of drift wood. Moved the spray bar dirction more above and cichlids are now swimming more above than before.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:25 PM   #2676
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

If it's stainless, then I wouldn't worry too much. Just keep an eye on it.
Thanks i will
Old 03-19-2013, 07:26 PM   #2677

Ordering a water changer no more buckets for this girl after this week anyway.. the 125g water change is lots of work with buckets.

Did a pwc on the 125g ..package arrived today with all my new goodies. I got digital therms for all tanks , food / snacks for every animal we have . Stuff for the crayfish/ crawfish tank ... fixing to order some meds to keep on hand in case of emergency in my tanks.. locally i have really nothing available.. my fish shipped today so ill have them thursday ::dance dance:: i accidently over ordered n now have like 10 or so more fish thn i wanted but we will see how it goes ..
Old 03-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #2678
RAH
Aquarium Advice Freak

50% water change on my 55 thank u phython for making my life easier
Old 03-20-2013, 04:37 PM   #2679
Elephant nose Finatic!

Early water changes on both my tanks today. Put my cana snail in my elephant nose tank as he's getting huge! My elephant nose took one look at him and legged it lol he's one strange fish
Old 03-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #2680
Aquarium Advice Addict

50% pwc on the 35 hex, pruned damaged leaves from plants. It looks really nice! Also wiped the inside glass on my 10 gal nano reef. All 3 tanks look marvelous.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com