What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks, Alan!

Could be used to make a little cave too, I suppose.

Today's big event is ...
I think my new aquaclear filter is finally cycled! I was starting to think the nitrite spike would never end.
Man, that makes me happy.

Did a large pwc and some pruning of the plants. I realized that when I was on vacation my fish were overfed so my mts population sky rocketed, my lfs was having a buy 2 get 3 free assassin snails so added 5 assassins today hopefully they will get them into check. (2$ for 5 isn't too shabby)

Hi actually more of what I done yesterday! Just done a PWC on both tanks,but planning on changing both tanks as I am not happy on the big tanks progress:nono: on a brighter note my B/Ns have bred again:) Oh and also babysitting two goldfish till the spring!

My friend drew this for me for Christmasツ I am thankful, I told her to draw a sketch of something that reminds her of me. She drew this and I am thinking of making in my tank background with black.

ForumRunner_20131125_190952.jpg

Lowering temperature on my quarantine tank after doing 10 days of heat treatment for ich on my new black widow tetra and peppered corys. White spot stopped showing after second day and fish showed no sign if stress at any point. Highly recommended this method of treatment. But it's SUCH a relief to be able to return the temperature to normal.

That's how I treated my tank for Ich when my feather fin catfish (a new addition at the time) had Ich. It worked great and I haven't seen any Ich since.

That's how I treated my tank for Ich when my feather fin catfish (a new addition at the time) had Ich. It worked great and I haven't seen any Ich since.

It really does work. The only potential problem I've read about is if your water quality is not great, or if the fish has been severely nipped, or combination of those. Apparently that can lead to an increased risk of columnaris. But if your water is good and the fish are otherwise fine, it's a great treatment.

Yesterday. Moved my hubbies 29 gal to a different location to make room for a new to us 33 gallon long that we are thinking about turning into a frag tank. About a 50% water change in the 29 and set up the 33 long

Test tanks 110 gal. Salt 29 gal salt 33 gal salt and 60 gal salt Do a big water change in the 60 and then sit back and enjoy the reef.

Back
Top Bottom