What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Monday, night feed
Tuesday, day/night feed
Wednesday,

120litre -5 +12 +5ml K+trace
45litre -5 +5
750litre -100 +50
Puffer +4@SG 1.007 Tank SG 1.004
Night feed.

Fishman, sorry mate that is bad news:nono: lovely little fish!

Cory still 50:50.

Monday, night feed
Tuesday, day/night feed
Wednesday,

120litre -5 +12 +5ml K+trace
45litre -5 +5
750litre -100 +50
Puffer +4@SG 1.007 Tank SG 1.004
Night feed.

Fishman, sorry mate that is bad news:nono: lovely little fish!

Cory still 50:50.

Thanks, he was in the DT for about a week and then in the QT for 2-3 even though he wasnt in the DT and i only had him for about a month he was still one of my fav fish...

Took down the QT and washed it out. Blenny stopped scratching himself so thats good :)

fed everyone emerald entree and a new food called LRS (living reef frenzy) its a mix of scallop,shrimp,
perch,mysis,haddock,squid,tuna,krill
,oyster,zooplankton,cyclops,rotifers,nori
,blanched broccoli tipd, carrot bits, fresh cultured phytoplankton,
fresh garlic extract,
oyster eggs,spirulina, and plenty more!

One of the carribean porcelain crabs got a giant piece of LRS and it took him about 30 minutes to eat it lol

image-853003237.jpg

View attachment 209605

Its the white stuff in tehe center of his body.

image-685035614.jpg

image-3344892786.jpg

Thanks, he was in the DT for about a week and then in the QT for 2-3 even though he wasnt in the DT and i only had him for about a month he was still one of my fav fish...

Took down the QT and washed it out. Blenny stopped scratching himself so thats good :)

fed everyone emerald entree and a new food called LRS (living reef frenzy) its a mix of scallop,shrimp,
perch,mysis,haddock,squid,tuna,krill
,oyster,zooplankton,cyclops,rotifers,nori
,blanched broccoli tipd, carrot bits, fresh cultured phytoplankton,
fresh garlic extract,
oyster eggs,spirulina, and plenty more!

One of the carribean porcelain crabs got a giant piece of LRS and it took him about 30 minutes to eat it lol

View attachment 209604

View attachment 209605

Its the white stuff in tehe center of his body.

View attachment 209606

View attachment 209607

That crab looks cool! I hope to get an emerald Mithrax crab to live in a coral, when I get the tank built!

Fish loss is sad but at least you have all those other cool things to help you forget a little!

Chin up brother man! You tried your best, that's all you can do.

That crab looks cool! I hope to get an emerald Mithrax crab to live in a coral, when I get the tank built!

Fish loss is sad but at least you have all those other cool things to help you forget a little!

Chin up brother man! You tried your best, that's all you can do.

Yeah that is true, i have the other fish to enjoy :) if you wanted i could send you 1-2 of these crabs once you have your tank up and running. But then again you live in the UK so it would cost alot for shipping lol. You can get them at your lfs for 7-8$ atleast thats how much mine cost.

The QT was setup for him but i guess i can use it for the new tanks too.

Going to the lfs tonight to get a heater for the 60 cube.

£ sterling mate! Not sure what the exchange rate is nowadays!

Spare tank and equipment will always come in handy, no question!
Empty tanks are good for filling!

DOES ANYBODY DISAGREE?

Loads of cool bits on crabs, mouth parts, legs, pincers! They are cool little creatures, we used to fish them with pigeon meat, they love it!

And they run drunk! :ROFLMAO:

The marine environment has so many cool creatures it is hard to pick the things to keep, I wouldn't know where to start with my top ten, far too restrictive, top 100 maybe workable?

Magic creatures, like how on earth does that evolve into that and work? Mind boggling stuff!!!

Moved some corals from one tank to another and some fish. Tested all tanks planning my run to the LFS tomorrow to get reef crystals to do water changes this weekend. The LFS is also having black friday sales so its kinds a have to go thing lol. Reef crystals is just my excuse.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131128_200234.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131128_200234.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 150
I jut got back from a trip to Tennessee and close to my hotel was this creek with some cool rocks so I took some and made a few caves with them in my 55gal. I think it looks neat but I might rearrange it to where I can see into the other cave a bit more.

image-3109583181.jpg

image-3653604920.jpg

Yesterday I fed some zucchini, the snails were the first to go after it. Today was Thanksgiving and I cooked and did dishes and cleaned all day!!! No fish time...:nono:

Daily feeding and a little fish watching.

I added some Pennywort to get a different leaf shape into my tanks. Love the look of it.

Maintenance wise, I returned my small filter to a DIY coke bottle water polisher/surface skimmer last night and it seems to be doing well. Not bad for a trial version and it gets results so i'll make a better version over the weekend.

And the exciting thing for me today was picking up a 40G i bought with a broken end panel. I can have it repaired for $30 and will get that happening early in the week. Total cost for the tank will come to $60 with the repairs. Building a stand will become my next DIY project and has to be on a schedule. Then comes the equally as exciting scaping phase. Sadly a couple of weeks away still but i'm looking forwards to having double the space for planting and the option of space to add plant variety. This is my christmas present to me (and a soon to be happy Comet who will call it home).

Daily feeding and a little fish watching.

I added some Pennywort to get a different leaf shape into my tanks. Love the look of it.

Maintenance wise, I returned my small filter to a DIY coke bottle water polisher/surface skimmer last night and it seems to be doing well. Not bad for a trial version and it gets results so i'll make a better version over the weekend.

And the exciting thing for me today was picking up a 40G i bought with a broken end panel. I can have it repaired for $30 and will get that happening early in the week. Total cost for the tank will come to $60 with the repairs. Building a stand will become my next DIY project and has to be on a schedule. Then comes the equally as exciting scaping phase. Sadly a couple of weeks away still but i'm looking forwards to having double the space for planting and the option of space to add plant variety. This is my christmas present to me (and a soon to be happy Comet who will call it home).

Good buy, what size is the comet in ATM?

Good buy, what size is the comet in ATM?

He is currently in a 20G high. I have a small kiddies pond cycling that was going to offer him about 25G and a bit more swim space (just meant as a temporary measure). The comet is just over 7 inches now so i think he's a little big for the 20G already. All comets i have kept in the past reach about this size and wind up dieing eventually. Hopefully i'm giving this fish a good chance to live a healthy life. He's very interactive or i'd find someone with a pond who would take him.

Did a bit of Black Friday shopping and picked up filter media, food, and a couple new banana plants! I've wanted them for a while!! They look beautiful in my tank :)

Yesterday, NNS (nil,nada,squat)
Today, just feed.

Shannon, hope the fish are well.
Alan, post me a pic of the DIY filter, you know my thoughts on the tank.(y)
fishman, I hope your remaining stock is healthy.
Bb, I hope you drank that coffee!

Today, just feed.

Thanks, ATM yes everyone is healthy and eating. How are your fish?

Thanks, ATM yes everyone is healthy and eating. How are your fish?

Brilliant as always! Even the still sick Cory. Fish is fun! (Bad English I know!)
I run out of de chlorinator mid week so it's been a little quiet.
Money in my pocket, fishing (fish store) tomorrow, we shall see what I bring home!
Silicone is on the list, de-chlorinator, some plants for the 120, some kind of bulkhead (x4) for the refugium-I think I've found something, some additional pipe work and fittings. DIY heaven!

Somebody suggested to me a fire eel (haven't learned) in my big tank, maybe yes.
More glass catfish (k.minor) would be nice. (5-10) or some more glowlight tetra (H.erythrozonus) as I only have 3 left.

Another thing i was thinking about, a mini skimmer for the reef QT, I need to build the tank though! Maybe my old puffer tank can temporarily be used, 65 litre 2x1x1ft. What volume and dimensions are your QT tank?

Today, just feed.

I'm about to head to the LFS but will try to post pics when i return. I am unsure of how to link the pics in a thread at this point, they usually don't show up. It's a fairly simple design i modified from a DIY tutorial i saw which is linked in the DIY section. I made a slight modification to fit the small spnge and pump filter i have on one tank that was leaving a lot of algae floating. I'm winning the fight against algae now (y)

- Take any filter small enough to fit into a bottle that has a protruding powerhead. Remove the powerhead. Cut off the end of the bottle you like least.
- Place a small amount of filter floss under where the filter will sit or some biological media if you have it, drop in filter to the required depth to stir water (if you need the filter lower in the tank it may be easier to find a longer tupperware container that gets lower down in a tall tank) and mark a hole to insert the powerhead from outside the bottle.

I use a soldering iron to melt holes in the bottle to keep things fairly neat. when you have the hole for the power head insertion, work out where you want the filter in your tank and make holes to insert some suction cups. Try to make the suction cup holes very small as they will let water in from the sides and reduce the flow from the surface.

Once all that is done i use the soldering iron to melt some lines in the top end of the bottle that allow water to drop in like a surface skimmer from a saltwater tank. This removes the oily stuff that you see if your surface flow isn't great.

Final step is to add filter floss round the bottom, sides and on top of the small filter when you fit it into the bottle. If you have some biomax you could drop it in the bottom for extra BB generation (will do this with my next version which will be a bit better).

Will post pics if someone can give some instructions:oops:

Put a new protein skimmer on my 60 gallon reef. Added a stary blenny a couple turbos and some hermit crabs to my 110. Added a 6 line wrass to my 33. Got alot of goodie for my tanks at the LFS black Friday sale.
My husband bought a used set of adjustable LEDs for my planned 30 gallon set up. Now just have to build an over flow box and buy a sump pump to get it set up.

Back
Top Bottom