What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Moved my black widow tetras and peppered corys from quarantine to main tank. I was worried older bw tetras might be aggressive, but so far everything seems good.

Bought some silvertip tetras to fill out my school. They seem ok so far, exploring the quarantine tank.

Set up newly cycled Aquaclear 70 in main tank. Going to run it in parallel with old filter for a while. It looks huge! Lots of flow in the tank now.

Got back from vacation and my tank is at 70° F! The magician zoas have taken a hit and i lost 5-6 heads :(. The torch is closed and the ricordea mushrooms are closed also :( raised the temp to 81° and raised the temp of the house to 80° also.

Came home with two 200g boxes and one 160g bucket of instant ocean reef crystals salt, all salt was 20% off so it only costed 180$! :D

Water changes and cleaning tanks. All total changed out about 100 gallons. Got a little more to do tomorrow then all done till next weekend.

Night feed +

I got some new fish,
6 (un identified)hill stream loach.
12 Hemigrammus erythrozonus, glowlight tetra.

Got some new food (spirulina and regular flake) and bits and pieces inc. de chlorinator and plant food.

No silicone from not so local, outrageous sum of money! £20 a tube! Not for me.

Made a good contact in store, I ran over my reef plan with him. It went well!

As before new fish can be found here:-
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f44/new-fish-house-284360.html

A full set can be found on my flickr page, link below.

Got a 10G to set up as a quarantine tank. I taped it up today to paint tomorrow. I also purchased it's heater, filter, PVC piping, thermometer, Ammonia alert. And for feeding my future frogs, a 20" eye dropper, a battery backup for my battery powered air bubbler in case the power goes out, and a charger for that battery. Yay for Amazon Prime points, everything was free :)

Converting my only FW tank into a salt, gonna miss fresh but these little worms crawling on the walls are making me mad. Gonna do a 100% wc and wash out the tank with bleach and then with water, then i will add 15g of fresh saltwater and add my live sand, then 20lbs of live rock and filter media from the 37g. I am taking my clowns from the 37 and putting them in here so that the flame angel doesnt kill them in the few months it has until it is moved to the 60.

Added a bottle-baffle to cut down the flow from my new huge HOB.

My mystery snail always checks out anything new in the tank, so he went to explore the baffle. Poor thing, I found him stuck in the whirling water inside the baffle, going round and round.

I pushed him out, and he sank to the bottom in a snail-sulk for quite a while!

Tested all tanks after the water changes yesterday. Resisting the temptation to move things from my 29 tall to my empty 30 long. Thats gonna be a long job and I need more time than I can take today to get it done. Sigh :-/
I have too many projects in mind and not enough time to do them all

Day of rest? Not likely

Basically it goes like this,

120 litre, -40 +36, +5ml N+P, +trace.
750 litre, -150 +100 (+100 to complete)
45 litre, -12 +10
Puffer -9 +9 @SG1.007 tank SG1.006

(28litre) QT1 -5+6 a.m. (P.m. to complete(as a.m.))
6 hill stream loach (1dead replacement agreed)

(28litre)QT2 -5+5 a.m. (P.m. To complete (as a.m.))
12 hemigrammus erythrozonus. No loss.

New species observed eating(y).
Apart from one loss all O.K.
Cory still ILL? Better than 50:50 most days.
Puffer rocks!

Day feed/night feed (to complete)

QT 1 a.m.+6 p.m.-10+5
QT 2 a.m.+6 p.m.-10+5
45litre a.m. +7 p.m. -14+7
Puffer+1

Glowlight jumped ship! Fortunately it landed in another ship!!! Removed from qt1 and put back with its own kind.

Day/night feed.

All ok. New stock eating, waste observed.

5 gal water changes in my 2 salt water tanks re fraged a bunch of loose corals I found drifting around in tanks before they got buried under the rocks

Added fresh RODI and salt to the 20 long, raised the temp to 76 to try and have it dissolve faster...

I always pre mix between 2 buckets than circulate it 24 hrs before adding

I always pre mix between 2 buckets than circulate it 24 hrs before adding

I don't own a marine system but the brackish is premixed in a 25litre container and permanently fed with an airline, I mix a 1litre super saline solution in a jug with an egg whisk then dilute to SG with RO. It is pretty much ready to go but as above I always wait until the following day before use.

I will do the same when I go marine.

Back
Top Bottom