What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Counted my yellow lab fry in the grow out- 45!!! I knew there were a lot but not that many.

I think one moved could you count again :hide:

Making 5gs of RODI to lower the SG in 20. Its a t 1.032+! Its cleared up alot sense i put the rock and sand in this morning...

View attachment 211182

8 hrs later.

View attachment 211183

Got some media out of the 37g canister filter and am gonna put it in the 20 to help cycle. I havent changed the media in 1-2 months so its loaded with BB. Changed carbon and GFO in the 37g aswell, watched the fish for about an hour and fed them. Fed the corals too. Bought 2 timers for the 20 and 60. All fish and coral doing good :)

That's a nice looking tank. Will the light from the window be any threat to bleaching corals?

:D

Corydoras are breeding! Lots of eggs everywhere, lots of activity.

Here's a teaser,
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/f44/new-fish-house-284360.html

Full set will appear on Flickr at some point.(y)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Break out the cigars :dance:. Have you got you hillstream tank ready to roll yet? Will you run a separate filter alongside the flow regulator or will the sponges act as home to the tanks BB? Those maxi flow pumps are very handy (assuming that is what powers it).

Anyhow i had a productive day. Had the day off work for a doctors appointment which meant time at home when nobody knew i was here to bug me about anything. I did a tank wall scrub & 50% water change on one 20g in the morning and some replanting in that tank (I swear that fish rips up the plants for shade or something).

In the afternoon i shopped for some Hydrogen peroxide to spot treat algae and some liquid ferts to hopefully get the tank balanced and keep it from coming back. I drained to 50% water removed filters and spot treated the majority of my Cabomba which gets left alone by my snail. I coiled most of it into a small area and used a medicine dropper to apply it. I have to say it seemed to work. Cabomba looks cleaner after a few hours. While i had the water level down i also trimmed most of my old leaves off the Ludwigia. At that point i decided it was time to unclutter an area so i moved plants around for maybe 30 minutes to see if i could improve the scape. Trimmed some plants and replanted some tips to fill in blank areas. I'm still not happy with it but it's improving. I need smaller leaved plants or different shaped though.

Before HP treating and plant shuffle (note the brown on the Cabomba)

After (tried using my phone which takes BAD photos)

I may have to start a tank journal thread so i can go back and see the transition of this tank.

That's a nice looking tank. Will the light from the window be any threat to bleaching corals?

Break out the cigars :dance:. Have you got you hillstream tank ready to roll yet? Will you run a separate filter alongside the flow regulator or will the sponges act as home to the tanks BB? Those maxi flow pumps are very handy (assuming that is what powers it).

Anyhow i had a productive day. Had the day off work for a doctors appointment which meant time at home when nobody knew i was here to bug me about anything. I did a tank wall scrub & 50% water change on one 20g in the morning and some replanting in that tank (I swear that fish rips up the plants for shade or something).

In the afternoon i shopped for some Hydrogen peroxide to spot treat algae and some liquid ferts to hopefully get the tank balanced and keep it from coming back. I drained to 50% water removed filters and spot treated the majority of my Cabomba which gets left alone by my snail. I coiled most of it into a small area and used a medicine dropper to apply it. I have to say it seemed to work. Cabomba looks cleaner after a few hours. While i had the water level down i also trimmed most of my old leaves off the Ludwigia. At that point i decided it was time to unclutter an area so i moved plants around for maybe 30 minutes to see if i could improve the scape. Trimmed some plants and replanted some tips to fill in blank areas. I'm still not happy with it but it's improving. I need smaller leaved plants or different shaped though.

I may have to start a tank journal thread so i can go back and see the transition of this tank.

Wow that really works! I never even heard about Hydrogen peroxide!
It is good you seem to be doing well.

Hill stream set up, needs one modification to avoid glue on strainers and one mod. to increase length. The tank is in place and currently has 75 litres in it. System pump on. (y)
I will run an air powered filter sponge and a Fluval 2+ (+bio-media) alongside the system pump. There will also be an air stone. The sponge filter and air stone will be driven by an elite 802.

The system pump is a pond water fountain feature pump.

Wow that really works! I never even heard about Hydrogen peroxide!
It is good you seem to be doing well.

Hill stream set up, needs one modification to avoid glue on strainers and one mod. to increase length. The tank is in place and currently has 75 litres in it. System pump on. (y)
I will run an air powered filter sponge and a Fluval 2+ (+bio-media) alongside the system pump. There will also be an air stone. The sponge filter and air stone will be driven by an elite 802.

The system pump is a pond water fountain feature pump.

Thank you. I wish i could pour peroxide on the pile of wood for my tank stand and watch it build itself. Time gets elusive when i have tasks.

I'm keen to see how your next couple of tanks progress. You will have more variety in your fish room soon than the LFS. I should stop reading on these sites soon. I have some serious fish envy.

Thank you. I wish i could pour peroxide on the pile of wood for my tank stand and watch it build itself. Time gets elusive when i have tasks.

I'm keen to see how your next couple of tanks progress. You will have more variety in your fish room soon than the LFS. I should stop reading on these sites soon. I have some serious fish envy.

Don't be jealous mate, it's all I have! What about Dear Old Brutus! Time may be elusive but it ticks on, every minute will add up. You're just at the start of it all, and you are keen.(y)

Pictures will be posted accordingly.

This may help with your stand,
Click your heels like Mary Poppins :ROFLMAO::huh:

Don't be jealous mate, it's all I have! What about Dear Old Brutus! Time may be elusive but it ticks on, every minute will add up. You're just at the start of it all, and you are keen.(y)

Pictures will be posted accordingly.

This may help with your stand,
Click your heels like Mary Poppins :ROFLMAO::huh:

I still have side plans for a portable pond for Brutus at least during summer. I have my feelers out on another 4 foot tank, stand, filter & heater atm too. Tank looks taller than my 40 gal. if it has 3 more inches depth and some extra height (forget exactly how much since looking it up today) but it could be a ready to go 75. Yet to go see it though. Planning a trip that way over the weekend though if it's there or not. Will need to negotiate though as the asking price is pretty high.

Part of the elusive time thing came from the visit to grandpa on sunday. I had a chat about the design which he was happy enough with but suggested a different joint to add stability against swaying. Then he took me out to the shed to construct an example of the joint after 20 minutes arranging assorted junk to access the machines. He decided somewhere during all that that he'd prefer to build me a metal stand and showed me those he had built for all his machinery to sit on. Anyway i never asked but i can help him build my stand if i take the wood or metal (if i decide to go that way) up there.

He will have that done by the end of the day. Maybe you can just watch your stand build itself! Result!(y)

More tanks in the wings, that's the spirit!

Qt1 pm early -10+10 pm late -7+7
Qt2 pm early -10+10 pm late -7+7 +meds
45litre -7+7
120 litre -10 +12
Puffer +1
750 litre -75 +100

Day/night feed

Brilliant day overall. Made stuff, things living, happy days.

What are these numbers?

I had the salt in with the water for 2 days and it still hasnt dissolved, i hate IO

I read something about instant ocean salt. I wish I could remember where. I think you have to mix it slowly and not dump in a lot at once otherwise you get crystals that look like undissolved salt. Maybe try to research that a little and maybe it will she'd some light on the situation for you.

Litres of water, I'm metricated, sorry!
Hastily posted. Qt tank volume, 28litres.

Oh ok! So those are all litres of water? Sorry, I'm still lost...

Qt1 pm early -10+10 pm late -7+7
Qt2 pm early -10+10 pm late -7+7 +meds
45litre -7+7
120 litre -10 +12
Puffer +1
750 litre -75 +100

What is Puffer +1? Or -75 +100 ? Are those litres of water?

Oh ok! So those are all litres of water? Sorry, I'm still lost...

What is Puffer +1? Or -75 +100 ? Are those litres of water?

Yes litres of water, +1 RO for the puffer to maintain salinity, 750 litre is soft water tank. 120,45,Qt 1/2 are neutral, puffer is brackish SG 1.007.

http://imageshack.com/i/0tb3kyj

http://imageshack.com/i/mkxn45j

No it never gets in, the porch blocks 99% of any light and it wont bleach the corals unless its for a a long period of time.

Not what I should have. I topped off water instead of water changes I needed to do. Lost my baby puppy Spot of 11 years Saturday morning and I'm still wallowing in sorrow. Not much got done this past week. But I noticed my female Xenotilapia Ochrogenys Nodle Bay is holding again. Now I have two holding in the tank as my Callochromis Stappersii is holding again, too. Gonna go sulk and cry some more now... Sigh...

Not what I should have. I topped off water instead of water changes I needed to do. Lost my baby puppy Spot of 11 years Saturday morning and I'm still wallowing in sorrow. Not much got done this past week. But I noticed my female Xenotilapia Ochrogenys Nodle Bay is holding again. Now I have two holding in the tank as my Callochromis Stappersii is holding again, too. Gonna go sulk and cry some more now... Sigh...

That's very sad :( sorry for your loss :(

Monday 9th, Phew!

45 litre (now egg holding) move filters to Qt3 -10 litres to Qt3. Remove 3 fish. +6 litres.
Qt1 -10+10litres (5 hill stream loach)
Qt2 -10+10 (sick female Cory.P)
Qt3 +10(from 45litre) +8litres, resting tank 2x female c.paleatus.

120litre, add male c.paleatus
Puffer, -10+10litres @ SG1.007

New tank,Rheophilic 130 litres (100 litres currently) rig needs mods, plumbing tomorrow.

Built main part of O2 upgrade, ready for re-fit tomorrow.

Day/night feed.

Added sand substrate and piled up the gravel at one end, creating a two tiered, duo substrate! Planted bogwood and statue look epic, fish are looking fine, even my various snail, whelk and clam species seem happy. Class

Back
Top Bottom