What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50% change on the water in my main tank. Still no clue what turned up on the glass. :( Seems to be taken care of with the combination of the glass magnet and the gravel vac, but still...

LyndaB said:
just did 50% water changes on all my 3 tanks and hubby's single tank (what is he thinking, just one tank?) :rolleyes:

One? Having one tank is possible? How?

I've just enjoyed my nice clean tanks today, at least until I went to work. Did all the cleaning yesterday and the day before.

One? Having one tank is possible? How?

I'm a little embarassed to be related to this guy....... :oops:

Did some close observation on the 16 gallon. The corys were hiding out the last few days, which is not their typical behavior. Ends up the heater setting had been bumped down and the tank was cooler than it should've been. Once I readjusted the heater to proper temp and hung two thermometers to keep track, everyone was back to their old selves.

Pays to understand what's normal for your species.

It was freaky. I have a small breeding box that I keep my small endlers until they are big enough to live outside it. Its slats in the bottom are big enough so they can fit through, so I stretched pantyhose to prevent their escape. Then today, BANG! Three of the 12 or so were outside the box. I saw that the pantyhose had slipped off a corner of the box. I quickly pulled it back over the corner, and caught two of the escaped endlers. The third one I tried to catch, but then, POOF! He disappeared. So I've lost 2 endlers, one was an experiment to see if they were big enough to put in the big tank, but he... didn't survive long. Found him stuck to the filter intake, dead as a doornail.

I decided to switch my substrate today from boring icky gravel to sand. Took out all my fish, started moving plants, and OH! I found some babies hiding in the java moss lol.

30% PWC on my 29 gallon. Pruned my java ferns. I am letting the daughter plants float, so now when I go look at my tank, I see the ferns floating and freak out a second because I think its a causality. Also did a quick gravel vac in preparation for my plant delivery.

30% change In my 36g & 29g.
Added 10 neons in my 36 they seem to be acclimating nicely.
Put 7 gold barb in my 55g to add to the 5 I have now..their kinda nervous but I think they'll be okay.:)

i took out a ton of java moss from my 55,and added it to my 10. i also saw the one fry i put in there. man,is he gonna be happy

Traded up a angel for 3 red velvet swordtails 1 male 2females. Discovered that I have 3 female platies..:/

Water changes on all 3 tanks today. How did I end up with three tanks?

Fed the fish in the 46 bow, and fed my albino ACF and baby oscar in the 10 gallon. 10-20% water change in the 10. Getting the 20 darn near ready for the frog and oscar. Trying to talk the wife into a 120 lol. She don't even like 2 tanks up and going. Boy is she gonna be suprised when I tell her that I want to use the 10 for a breeder/qt. Haven't figured out which yet. Maybe it could be both?

Put my long awaited manzanita driftwood in my 55g I love it. I couldn't be happier:)

ForumRunner_20120515_183106.jpg

PC1 said:
looks great :)

Yeah I love it. I'm finally happy with that tank. You really took care of how well it was packaged. Thank you very much!

Today I turned on the tank lights. And enjoyed my tank

Broke my elbow pretty bad yesterday morning at work so used my good arm to fix the sand in my freshwater tank and went ou on my pier and caught grass shrimp for my saltwater tank and this morning I went out and got more real rocks from the water around my pier gonna clean them soon and get them in my tank :) I feel like such a good fish dad

Did 20% PWC. Got In my new plants: 3 crypto prune wendtil(red) and1 lobelia cardinals dwarf. Also, one of my Bolivian rams must have found one heck of a hiding spot. Looked in/outside the whole tank.

Fixed my refugium cause it broke down the middle lucky I got most of the water in a bucket and mit on the floor and added a new frogspawn and zoanthids and a algae blennie and flame scalep

Back
Top Bottom