What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got two gbrs for my 55g today! My Bolivians seem to be getting along with them nicely so far
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1387405944.044848.jpg

(@N & F) Redness can also be bacterial. Much like an infected cut on human flesh takes on a localised redness. I think there are some blood disorders that will cause skin redness but like you say these can sometimes be linked with ammonia.

The picture posted looks exactly like "cotton wool" mouth fungus, which isn't a fungus. That's what I would aim at. It doesn't have to be your water quality or tank cleanliness. (Most people get defensive over such issues, there really is no need) we all love our water just as much as the fish, at least the people on this page must be keen on water. It's good to know water but. . .

Many factors can cause this, stress of handling, abuse from tank mates, water change (tank moving etc) simply catching the fish is enough.
It is treatable, many products available.

Apart from that, hope your fish are well(y)

So should I treat the tank with medication everyone else looks great?

Was busy last night prepping my tank for new (plant) arrivals. Here is my tank 7 days ago:
iGC5oPR.jpg

I decided to remove a bunch of broadleaf chain sword (30+), dwarf sag, and moss:
fazpDRp.jpg

I've placed them in 6.6 g holding tank for now. Either going to the LFS, RAOK, or compost pile:
suZiV4U.jpg

Here is the messy tank afterwards:
eZa0BeL.jpg

A couple of hours later things cleared up:
pYoF2aP.jpg

Here are the lego legs on the light fitting. Not really lego...too big :) Sorry for the blurry picture. The tank looks darker than it actually is too.

Still have to make a plan with the ballast. At the moment it's just dangling off the side which is not that great.

lego.jpg

Here are the lego legs on the light fitting. Not really lego...too big :) Sorry for the blurry picture. The tank looks darker than it actually is too.

Still have to make a plan with the ballast. At the moment it's just dangling off the side which is not that great.

lego.jpg

Love the lego light! Thats an awsome idea!

lego.jpg

Soooooo cool!!!

Bought a new 40g filter in preperation for my next tank. Shoots water out the top of my 20g tank with the regular power head. Without mods I have to use a spray bar which sits 2 inches over the tank or turn the filter on it's side to run it in my 20g. I just added some tubing to place the spray bar below the surface in the end though. 60g worth of filtration in a 20g tank. Did anyone order some overkill.

Since I've had the tank yes my first lot :) when I picked it up there were about 30 babies cruising around :) makes me super happy to know they are still breeding in my care (which is a massive change for them from green water)

I thought my drop checker looked a little funny. Then I realized why.:whistle:

Attachments

• dropchecker1.jpg
    dropchecker1.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 52
  • dropchecker2.jpg
    dropchecker2.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 54
Got my first nem last night! A beautiful rose bubble tip. It seems to be doing well. It started comming out just a few minutes after acclimation. Was realy pretty under the blues when the whites turned off last night.

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and algae scrub. 50 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank and filter clean.

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

So i got the clowns in the tank after dripping them for 1 hour 30minutes, added 15 more lbs of rock to the 20g and now have 25-30lbs. Added the 7 dearf zebra hermits and a nassarius snails as CUC. Clowns added on tuesday and emjoying life in the tank, gobbling up brine shrimp and NLS.

Got a yellow watchman goby and am dripping him ATM.

The clowns have hosted the powerhead, good that they got out of the 37 or they would literaly be fried fish as they kept burning themselfs on the heater. ( they hosted it)
The goby looks amazing, i sill be picking up a candy cane pistol shrimp for him tommarow. Drip has been going for 20mins already, gonna do 1 hour.

Topped off the 20 2g of RODI, and did a 3g wc on 37 and 20. Tested water in both tanks and hand fed the puffer, the 37 is a little empty with just the blenny, flame angel, puffer and the purple fire fish. The blenny blends in to the rock to well, the flame angel is usually swimming around in the back where the algea is, the puffer likes to explore though but blends into the rock too, and the gobys hide all day except when i feed them. Fed the torch coral and some oyster feast for the shrooms.

Added 12 shells to the 20 to asure no fighting between the hermits and snail.

Good day all in all.

Last edited:
Fed the fish, the goby didnt eat :(. The clowns ate though. Added saltwater to raise the water level in the 20 after dripping the goby for an hour.

image-2461246361.jpg

Hes also breathing rapidly :(.

Found 2 baby bristle worms in a rock during feeding in the 20, fed Hikari baby brine shrimp and emerald entree to the 37g. The goby keeps pacing the back panel of glass so i am gonna go out and get a background today so he will stop fighting his reflection.

Bamboo light fixture is nearly finished. It's for my small tank. It's not really wide enough to make a good spread of light, but it's not too bad. I still have to paint the inside white to increase reflection.

The tube I bought is supposed to be for plant growth, but it looks very yellow to me.

The plan was to use this tank for a betta, but I'm not sure any more. I'm quarantining a honey gourami in it, and the little thing looks so small and vulnerable I'm worried he wont do well with the active tetras I have in my big tank. So maybe he'll have to stay in there until he is a little bigger, at least. Love the way he checks everything out with his feelers.

bamboolight.jpg

Also had some romance and drama on the snail front. Mystery snail climbed out of my big tank and plunged to the floor, cracking his shell. I found him in the middle of the lounge floor, thankfully not by stepping on him. Put him in the small tank since I'm pretty sure the fish I have in the big tank would nibble at him through the hole in his shell. The small tank has one honey gourami and one mystery snail already in residence.

Escape-snail was obviously in shock and did not move for a long time. I was worried about him, until I saw that he was crawling about. Next thing - there he is, mating with the other mystery snail. :)

So maybe it was all a ploy to get at his lady love?

Cleaned tank and added new sand. Noticed I'm getting a first flower on my anubias nana plant! It won't let me post pictures so I will have it in my profile under plant album!! :)

My boyfriend said it looks like a little green poo. So were calling it a poolip.

Back
Top Bottom