What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Now since this last iPhone update on this web I can't figure out how to post a pic or see current ones under my profile at all. :(

Well while feeding last night, I found one of my Blue Velvet mommas is super full berried!!! I was a little sad a few days back when I cleaned out the filter and found two of the 6 shrimp inside the filter/hob. They were fine and I guess at some point some of them were busy. This will be the first babies from this young batch of shrimp... I culled the ones with red on them early on, so these are the completely blue ones. So hoping for some beautiful babies. :D

My new heater on the 37G has the water up to the desired temp for the Koi Angels. Hoping for some eggs soon.

Finally the Blue Cray is going to his new home, only been thinking this for 3 months. Now it is for sure. He is about 2.5+ inches now (he was about the size of a green pea when I got him) and very pretty medium color. Gonna miss him. He is going with his little tank, so I want to clean that before he goes.

Feeding and water testing on two tanks. I also stripped the broken end panel off my tank and took 90% of the silicone off the interior. Will try to finish and reseal it tomorrow.

Got a blue/red pistol, he has dug a cave inbetween 3 rocks but the goby hasnt paired with him yet, i fed them brine shrimp this morning and the goby ate!

Water changes in 30 long and 60. Top offs in other tanks. More water changes tomorrow in the other tanks.
Got my LEDs suspended over my 30 man what a differance in lighting! Sooo much better. :D

Is 20 i broke a brain coral off a piece of rock, just hate them. It start sectreting slime all over the place. I broke a 4lb piece of live rock into rubble for the shrimp to build his home with. Heres the pic of him...

image-2944436206.jpg

The waters cloudy from all the debris of the broken rock btw.

Also turned the heater up to 76 as i turned it all the way down to 68 because it was at 80 and refused to budge. Now its at 70.

Also got 7 more pounds of live rock for the 20, half price! Got a coloney of GSP for the 37 too. Did some aquascaping, final result...

FTS
image-916118724.jpg

More coraline growth
image-3158702304.jpg

image-2748612366.jpg

And a pic of the new GSP once it starts to come out, just moved around.

Got a great pic of the blenny hiding behind some zoas and clove polyps

image-3808165383.jpg

Also added 10 more lbs of live rock to the 37, it was covered in coraline but now the snowball urchins is going to work on it.

image-2477863746.jpg

And then the baby blue tuxedo urchin collecting as usual. He seems to like collecting living things, coral,hermit crabs, and snails.

Attachments

• image-3704864519.jpg
    image-3704864519.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 86
Also added 10 more lbs of live rock to the 37, it was covered in coraline but now the snowball urchins is going to work on it.

View attachment 213223

And then the baby blue tuxedo urchin collecting as usual. He seems to like collecting living things, coral,hermit crabs, and snails.

Beautiful tank!

53 gallon elephant nose tank
16 gallon Giant African shrimp tank

Big water changes yesterday in preparation for leaving for four days tomorrow. Everything looks so much better. My 5 gallon badis tank is growing a good crop of algae. I'm reducing lighting and I'm going to end up getting some floating plants to block out some of the light and to make them feel more at home.

So happy atm, just got back from a belated birthday trip at the lfs from my daughter.

Got new fish and stuff!

1 Stiphodon semoni-Cobalt/Neon Blue Goby male 14.99 (too expensive but it was for my birthday!!!)

2 dark red Cherry Shrimp to add a little diversity to the tank one is heavily berried. both females 4. ea (way too much$$ for them )

3 Neon Green Axlerodi Sundanios to hang out with my Neon Blues, they look blue too not green??? 3.49 ea

Got a free shrimp fry in there with them, can't really tell what it will be since it is so small.

3 Celestial Pearl Danio, one gorgeous male and 2 females, will get a few more in the next month, they were expensive so we will be looking for some for a better price. 8.49 ea (had seen some online for about $3 each but shipping is about 12., so probably online where I will get some more)

3 Harlequin Rasboras to go with the others I have 2.79 ea

AND!!!!!..... 2 golden clams not the kind with ridges on the shell, called invasive, still trying to find their latin name, they are about 3"+, $4.49 ea

These came from Boulder, things there are slightly higher cost. They have a great variety though.

So excited!

Acclimating them all now.

Yippee!!

edit 4 hours later they are all doing fine.

Cleaned the pre filter on the 6.6G Edge and 20% pwc.

Last edited:
Fed the fish. Played with the blenny before feeding, stuck the cup up to the glass and he came up and actually bit the glass trying to get the food!

Back
Top Bottom