Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #2861
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

Pic's! I, d love to see
Posted some in the post your betta pics here thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:52 PM   #2862
Aquarium Advice Addict

Found out my three year old angel I'd rehomed to my grandparents about seven months ago died today.

My grandmother is extremely upset about this.

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #2863
Aquarium Advice Addict

made a canopy. Not done yet need to trim the corners and build a door on the front

Old 04-04-2013, 08:46 PM   #2864
Aquarium Advice Freak

Well my tank appears to finally be cycled! Read 0ppm ammo 0ppm nitrite and 20ppm nitrate today, dosed back up the ammonia to see if it will keep it up for tomorrow. My red crypt wendtii is also showing some beautiful new submerged growth, and I appear to be winning my war against cyanobacteria.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:00 AM   #2865
Aquarium Advice Activist

Relocated my fish from the 15 they were in to he 30g tank well before I could do that I had to Fe the airlines to the bubble bar and other bubble blowed lol did a ph check( all was good ). And since The old tank water was super warm so I had to make sure they were used to it so I floated them in open Ziplock bags for about 20 minutes. I put a little I the new water in their bags while they were getting accustomed to the temp. Kept gradually adding water then I put em in and they are happy happy happy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3532540214.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	165.7 KB
ID:	165265  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:18 AM   #2866
Aquarium Advice Addict

Took today off of work, gonna thin out the mts population in my 29 gallon. Then going to see Jurassic Park 3-D. Im 23, so I've never seen it on the 'big screen' it's going to be great!!
Old 04-05-2013, 10:51 AM   #2867
Aquarium Advice Addict

Added Some New Hybrid Plants

Hello Aa...

Got some Anubias hybrids (nangi) from alphaprobreeders yesterday and they are much different than the Anubias nana. The obvious difference is the height of the plant. Nangi are mid to background plants. I keep the Nana in the foreground of my tanks.

Attached are pics of taller Nangi and the shorter Nana.

Very nice plants, alphaprobreeders has some of the best plants and prices I've come across.

B
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130405_001.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	182.1 KB
ID:	165305   Click image for larger version

Name:	WP_20130323_018.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	165306  

Old 04-05-2013, 01:09 PM   #2868

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post
Took today off of work, gonna thin out the mts population in my 29 gallon. Then going to see Jurassic Park 3-D. Im 23, so I've never seen it on the 'big screen' it's going to be great!!
I love that movie too ..

I woke up and decided to do a pwc on the 20g grow out tank my little cichlids are messy..lol I did a 50% change on the crawfish tank and added the iodine then fed all tanks.

Ordered some females for my paralabidochromis chromogynos and some more alto compressiceps should be shipped Monday n here Tuesday ::dance dance :: cant wait .. gonna go check out a landscaping place locally for some rocks
Old 04-05-2013, 06:35 PM   #2869
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post
I'm 23 too, and I remember the first time I saw it. I think I was like 5 or 6 and it had already been out for a while. I thought it was so cool, and still do.

It's time for a water change on my 56 gallon, so that's what I will be doing once I get rested up from work. Water changes all around! And some heavy duty vacuuming on the 56 is in order. Plecos, man... The day after my last water change they already had some nice piles of poop waiting for me. Nitrates don't ever seem to get above 20, but I'm starting to think I should give up saying my substrate is sand and just call it poop. My substrate is Pleco poop, with some sand accents.
Old 04-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #2870
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

I'm 23 too, and I remember the first time I saw it. I think I was like 5 or 6 and it had already been out for a while. I thought it was so cool, and still do.

It's time for a water change on my 56 gallon, so that's what I will be doing once I get rested up from work. Water changes all around! And some heavy duty vacuuming on the 56 is in order. Plecos, man... The day after my last water change they already had some nice piles of poop waiting for me. Nitrates don't ever seem to get above 20, but I'm starting to think I should give up saying my substrate is sand and just call it poop. My substrate is Pleco poop, with some sand accents.
The movie is good by itself, doesn't really need the 3-D. But it soo helped!!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com