What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starting up a pico reef! Cant decide if im gonna do 5g or 8g. Can anyone tell me if the evolve 8 is any good for saltwater?

Moved my 36g. I didn't drain the whole thing so it was SUPER HEAVY. Maybe 400 pounds with the stand.

I moved some plants around, fed everyone some frozen worms--the rams love them probably the first time that they've every had them:).

On the other, sadder, hand I found a dead panda Cory:(. He didn't look too good when I got him yesterday. But everyone else seems happy and healthy. Especially my chubby angel;)

Watching everyone right now. It's very soothing!

Added java moss.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131231_140142.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131231_140142.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 58
I'm thinking an assortment of zoanthids, palythoas, nepthea tree and green star polyps. two nerite snails and two skunk cleaner shrimp. no fish in this one, 5 gallons is too small

No hermits? Thats a shame :(. Of course in a small system they may go rouge which you wouldnt want! Sounds good, heres what im gonna do when i get my Itank:
Stock:

1 skunk cleaner
1 banded trochus snail
1 margarita snail
1 nassarius snail
2 dwarf zebra hermits

Corals:

God of war zoas
Ricordea mushrooms
Kenya tree

So low light corals and some invertebrates.

No hermits? Thats a shame :(. Of course in a small system they may go rouge which you wouldnt want! Sounds good, heres what im gonna do when i get my Itank:
Stock:

1 skunk cleaner
1 banded trochus snail
1 margarita snail
1 nassarius snail
2 dwarf zebra hermits

Corals:

God of war zoas
Ricordea mushrooms
Kenya tree

So low light corals and some invertebrates.

i might put a few hermits in there ;) the focus will be on the shrimp and coral. once i get it set up, i will transfer over the gsp, nepthea, blue mushroom and zoas and will buy a bunch of different frags and just let it grow out. i have them in a Fluval Spec V right now with 120 w dimmables turned down all the way

Before I went to bed last night found my Betta sick again. I did another pwc and added extra prime and a little epsom salt. I am afraid he will be dead when I get home from work. :( there was some fern in the top of the chi tank he's in and apparently it was rotting below the pebbles, causing a water quality problem. He is my avatar and probably my favorite one ever.

Before I went to bed last night found my Betta sick again. I did another pwc and added extra prime and a little epsom salt. I am afraid he will be dead when I get home from work. :( there was some fern in the top of the chi tank he's in and apparently it was rotting below the pebbles, causing a water quality problem. He is my avatar and probably my favorite one ever.

Sorry to hear that :( hope he gets better!

Hope he gets better. :(

Some pics of the new snails

Pink margarita snail
image-3149551480.jpg

the second one
image-2797843879.jpg

My favorite snail, red bandit trochus snail
image-1236750729.jpg

Attachments

• image-3298169163.jpg
    image-3298169163.jpg
    167.3 KB · Views: 49
Hooked up a Fluval diffuser and waited. Went away for a few hours and its fizzing like alka-seltzer.
4LWlCrE.jpg

I later moved it under the filter output and now the fine mist is flowing in the current.

Happy New Year!!

I'm thinking an assortment of zoanthids, palythoas, nepthea tree and green star polyps. two nerite snails and two skunk cleaner shrimp. no fish in this one, 5 gallons is too small

Sounds awesome. A zoa garden tank would be really cool! Some sexy shrimp would go great with a 5 gallon tank too.

Back
Top Bottom