What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
TenaciousTriggerFish said:
Broke my elbow pretty bad yesterday morning at work so used my good arm to fix the sand in my freshwater tank and went ou on my pier and caught grass shrimp for my saltwater tank and this morning I went out and got more real rocks from the water around my pier gonna clean them soon and get them in my tank :) I feel like such a good fish dad

Now that is dedication!
I fed them, and I'm going to change the water in one of my betta tanks once I get some food. Spent most of the day at work but tomorrow is my day off and I think I'm going to do a bit of redecorating in my 20 gallon. Got some new terra cotta pots and they are too small for my plants, so they're going in the tanks.

Big water change today. Vac over the sand to cleanup some debris. Oh, and I tried to do my water tests only to realise that I am out of my ammonia chems. Still no sign of nitrites or nitrates. I keep hoping this thing will cycle soon!

Oh, fed the fishies, looks like my sunset platy is pregnant again from a past male (There isn't any males in there anymore), and I've been finding platy fry stragglers everywhere.

Preparing for water changes tomorrow, I got seachem root tabs. I'm turning my ten gallon RCS tank into a SOWLC (Shrimp only with live crypts), and I found some rare crypts to get me started.

Tested my water on the 55.

Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
pH 8.0

Did a 15 gal pwc. I took out the DW and castle. There was alot of snail poop! Those nerites do an awesome job eating algae. I never see algae except on my plants. Anywho... I actually remembered to put my root tabs in this time. I'm sure my plants will love me for it. Wiped the inside glass with a sponge.

I'm not sure why but I've lost 4 neons this week. No signs of disease that i have seen. Hopefully my remaining 7 will not die. I'm not buying anymore.

I'll feed them bloodworms tonight before lights out.

Considering removing the water primrose if it doesn't start growing. It just stays the same and loses a leaf now and then. I think I need to buy some flourish and excel.

I daydreamed about my 5 gal pico reef tank I'll be starting eventually.

Received some incredibly gorgeous albino long-finned BN plecos I won on Aquabid yesterday. Put 2 adults in the 75, 1 in the 46 and the wee babe she sent as an extra in the 16 to grow out. These guys are unbelievable! :cool:

50% water change
Cut driftwood and added- BTW looks amazing!
Moved the plants around
Trimmed plants
Fixed heater
Smoothed gravel
Rehomed Apollo the Molly
Removed and re-added all fish to put I'm driftwood
Fed fish and taught Apollo one last trick LOL

image-2537600506.jpg

Another 50% water change. Might have seen traces of nitrates in my water tests today, but it may have been wishful thinking. Used the gravel vac to clean up again and rearranged to wood and plants a bit. Nice thing about most of my plants being attached to rocks! I can move them around a lot.

My buddy Titus got some bacterial infection after living in below 50F degree water for the last 2 days (heater was off). Big white spot on his side. I treated him with Melafix today. I hope this white spot will go away in a few days.

Forgot to mention the floating pink plant is in a breeder trap and that I'm looking for sand
Black or white??

50% water change and gravel vac. Rinsed off the filter pads in the hob and rinsed the sponge in the sponge filter. It was due. The water turned a nasty brown. Did some mild rearranging of the tank trying to keep the live plants in the most lit area of tank.

Looked at my pretty fish. :) later I'm doing a water change on my ten gallon, and continued cleaning of my 55 so I can get it set up when I have the equipment.

Manually removed some algae from my 180 litre, done a 50% water change, tested my water then this afternoon purchased 6 CPD's and a nerite snail, spent the last 2 hours watching my fish to make sure they're settling in ok and worked out how many are male and how many are female :)

Broke my filter, switched to my back up, and ordered a new one. :(
Found a good deal on an aquaclear 50 on amazon though and have read good things about them on the forums.

Rehomed some fish bought on bad advice from LFS and got myself a lovely Betta;

Attachments

• image-3168325308.jpg
    image-3168325308.jpg
    164.5 KB · Views: 92
Visited the guys from Tanked on animal planet at there store open. Bought a torch coral from them. Got pictures with them, just weary about posting my family pics on the net.

Why? If someone wanted to do something to you they could get your ip address and find you with our pics lol I want to see there store they opened.

Readingexcalibur said:
Visited the guys from Tanked on animal planet at there store open. Bought a torch coral from them. Got pictures with them, just weary about posting my family pics on the net.

I fed my fish and watched them swim.

I don't post family pics on the net either. I don't blame you.

Back
Top Bottom