What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did some major organizing with all my equipment and random aquarium things. Went to the fish store and picked up some new foods and some more prime along with more flourish excel. Fed fish

Helped someone clean their aquarim that was going to be sold.

moved the 13 gallon widescreen, emptied the white itank, filled the black itank up and transferred everything over. i plan on replacing the budda with a piece of drift wood, that i have curing right now. i plan on putting some flame and christmas moss on the DW and some low light plants around the hardscape. found a guy in my area selling ADA products and will be going to pick up some japanese rocks, some ADA amazonia soil and a bunch of plants. also picking out what nano fish i want for a rimless tank i will be putting together soon.
edit: that paper towel is only there for when i was filling it, these tanks are really finicky when you first fill them

Added a black sailfin blenny!
img_2779241_0_d4f9c8f11c50efe4c34c8f951643885b.jpg

Ooh, pretty!

Aside from daily feedings I completed scaping my new 35g (a used craigslist find from saturday) and added loads of plants. I have a comet going in so i'll check that i have dig proofed wherever I planted tomorrow before i fill the tank to capacity. Then i'll add the second filter and rehome my Comet. A weekend well spent.

Tore down my 60 gal. Moved it to the stand that my leaking 110gal was on and plumbed in the 33 gal sump to my 60. All the pumps along with the reef octopus skimmer are now running my 60 gal. Also took the T5s off of my 60 and replaced them with the 300 watt LEDs that were on my 110. Gonna use the sump,pumps and skimmer that was on my 60 gal on my 33 long frag tank.
Cleaned glass on all tanks. Feed fish and spot feed my corals. Watched my Tomato Clown feed his Anenome thats alway cool to watch.

Well...

Wiped down my tanks, all, glass and hoods cleaned.

Last night I found my fat berried Momma Blue Velvet Shrimp. So heavy she could barely swim. I couldn't tell if she was birthing babies when I saw her, I saw a couple tiny little things moving away as she swam. Hopefully she wasn't loosing babies, which weren't ready to be born.

Watched some newer Fire Red shrimp fry. Need to do a pwc on the Chi tank.

I have a sick Platy I need to medicate too.:(

Well...

Wiped down my tanks, all, glass and hoods cleaned.

Last night I found my fat berried Momma Blue Velvet Shrimp. So heavy she could barely swim. I couldn't tell if she was birthing babies when I saw her, I saw a couple tiny little things moving away as she swam. Hopefully she wasn't loosing babies, which weren't ready to be born.

Watched some newer Fire Red shrimp fry. Need to do a pwc on the Chi tank.

I have a sick Platy I need to medicate too.:(

Did you take any pics? ;)

Finally stocked the 5.5g with 3 CPDs. Can only afford them in increments...:(. But they do look lovely!

Finally stocked the 5.5g with 3 CPDs. Can only afford them in increments...:(. But they do look lovely!

How much did you get yours for? Mine were $8.99 but it was the first time I've found them around here so I couldn't pass it up.

NOOOOOOO!!! The starry blenny i added to the 20 turned into a nightmare.

First off, i woke up and found him flashing every rock in sight, then he was breathong twice as heavily, and now my female clown has it too. I drained 10g of the 20g water and added 10g Back. Then went to petsmart, got a hood for the 10g QT, and also got some garlic guard from the lfs. Now the baby blennys in the 10g QT and still wont eat while ive kept the 2 clowns and YWMG in the 20 for now. I will be doing a FW dip on both of them tommarow. Found out about this yesterday. Really sucks.

I got a $50 piece of rock today with 2 electric green mushrooms, a giant patch of xenia, and a small growth of GSP for the 37g.

Ordered my stuff from Dr. Foster & smith yesterday, heres what i got:
-3g JBJ picotope reef ready
-3 coralife electric thermometers
-1 hydor theo heater (for the 3g pico reef)
-8oz of chemi-pure
-saltwater reef master kit aswell as the normal master kit. (both API)

All for $134 so a good deal

Heres a pic of the QT, i put it in my room so i can check often.

image-3300042706.jpg

Not sure if you can see the sick blenny

image-1748714981.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom