Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #2941
Aquarium Advice Regular
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
Wow keeping aquariums is dangerous!!! I feel so much better knowing I am in good company!

I was packing up some shrimp to mail and as I was pouring them into the bag the plastic flap collapsed when the java moss bumped it and 23 dwarf shrimp splattered onto the kitchen floor. Only one seemed to be too dizzy to make the trip and I hear they all arrived ALIVE by some miracle. Some of them were still in the container wishing they had a little more water.
Wow! Glad to hear they made it okay! And I thought I was the only one that has gravity as an enemy lol.

Iris135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 08:56 PM   #2942
When i was acclimating my fish i was pouring them in the net out of their bag n one didnt come out so i had to give it a shake n well it missed the net hit the bucket good thing it had water to cushion the blow :/ oh n i trip over my pants all the time i spill water alot too.. lol guess we are all clumsy

kjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:11 PM   #2943
Aquarium Advice Addict
Checked my parameters and my nitrates were high because I was moving rock and sand around so I done a 10 gallon pwc on my reef tank
kwandrsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #2944
Aquarium Advice Addict
Added a Turbo snail to my tank. Its now my only inhabitant in my 120g lol. One cleaner shrimp and yellow tang, then I got a full house.
Kind Regards,
Terrance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:27 AM   #2945
Aquarium Advice Addict
Finalized the new stock and picked one of them up he's cute. And water change on the qt. Tomorrow though yeah I'm picking a bunch of guys up for my mbuna tank so excited.
Check out our fish clubs Facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/CFLKeepersOfAquatica
MMantelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:16 AM   #2946
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Exciting day! My discus has hidden away every time I came to feed him since I got him last saturday. Last night I walked up to the tank and he didn't hide. Then I dropped in some food and he actually swam up to it and ate it right in front of me.
FluttercygnetAndFishie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:05 AM   #2947
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award
got a call this morn my marine betta came in
time to take a ride to go check him out
the pet shop has him in QT so I can observe him over the next few days
this pet shop cracks me up they never had anyone request a QT to observe a fish for a few days they thought I was a nut
I explained it was so I can observe him eating and to be sure he is not going to kick off as soon as I get him home from hidden problems
the more I talk with them I find they don't really have any ideas on what to do for salt water fish so if I do get this betta it will be the last I purchase from them ..
Fish are like lifesavers
They come in different colors

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #2948
Well yesterday my crawfish were mating , PWC on the 125g with my water changer no buckets ::dance dance:: today I get to do a PWC the old way on my 20g.. My nyererei female has been holding 30days today Im trying to wait on nature to run its course so I can see it but Im thinking I may end up having to strip her. Thats gonna be a task bc she is a fast lil booger .
kjacks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #2949
Elephant nose Finatic!

Re homed my cories from my bettas tank i miss not seeing them already. Bought live brine shrimp for him for a treat, he's spent the last hour looking for them!
70 gallon elephant nose tank, Gonzo the elephant nose and inverts.
30gallon borara merah and brigittae green, red longfin bristlenose, shrimp, ninja, taiwan,bamboo, and snails.
shellyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 04:41 PM   #2950
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

Got 10 rummy nose tetras today. This is the last of the stocking I had planned for in my 30g tetra tank four months ago. Yea! Now the advanced aquaplant culture learning begins. A whole new adventure! LOL OS.

Old Scales is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com