Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #2951
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post
got a call this morn my marine betta came in
time to take a ride to go check him out
the pet shop has him in QT so I can observe him over the next few days
this pet shop cracks me up they never had anyone request a QT to observe a fish for a few days they thought I was a nut
I explained it was so I can observe him eating and to be sure he is not going to kick off as soon as I get him home from hidden problems
the more I talk with them I find they don't really have any ideas on what to do for salt water fish so if I do get this betta it will be the last I purchase from them ..
Eeek! A place that sells marine fish and doesn't see the reasoning for QT... Scary stuff. I don't blame you for looking elsewhere. Hope he's in good shape!

It's water change day for my betta tanks, so I'm going to do my best to get it done despite what feels like a pulled muscle in my left arm. I'll be sure to grab some extra towels just in case it decides it can't hold a bucket up at a bad time.

Old 04-12-2013, 06:37 PM   #2952
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I'd mention the name but I don't think I want to bash the store they just started salt so they just need to learn a little
got to see my fish today to find out it's covered in ick and wouldn't eat
think I may just hold out till I find me a nice healthy 2-3 inch marine betta
I am just bummed I want one so........ bad
it's not often I drop almost a C Note on a fish
so I want a nice one thats healthy

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 07:34 PM   #2953
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hey guys wondering what PwC stand for
Old 04-12-2013, 07:57 PM   #2954
Aquarium Advice FINatic

PWC= Partial Water Change
Old 04-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #2955
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water changes... Water changes... Water changes... I know boring.... That's all I got for ya

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 11:31 PM   #2956

My female had her babies while we were gone a few hours tonight .. came home to her with an empty mouth an other fish with fat bellies ... i cant believe i missed it i couldnt catch her before work so i thought i would try when we came home tonight.. she had other plans
Old 04-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #2957
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
My female had her babies while we were gone a few hours tonight .. came home to her with an empty mouth an other fish with fat bellies ... i cant believe i missed it i couldnt catch her before work so i thought i would try when we came home tonight.. she had other plans
Give her 3 or 4 weeks tops, she'll hold again they are young & frisky! strip this time if you can! You may find some fry darting thru your rock work tho! You'd be amazed at they're will to survive!
Old 04-13-2013, 01:30 AM   #2958
Aquarium Advice Addict

I've been busy.. I've had three discus sitting in qt for 2 weeks *SURPRISE* I finally took everyone's advice and got Trooper friends. Hopefully 2weeks will be enough time because tonight I put them in his tank and have been "sweating it" ever since. Also started my planted bowl, did water changes on all my tanks except the brackish (ill get to it tomorrow) scrubbed the 20 gal and set it up (no fish yet) found a 33 gal I'm going to pick up tomorrow for my son to have free reign with. Spent too much time watching the 80 hoping everyone will get along well. (I'm still sitting in front of it) I'll probably end up switching things up in there tomorrow and I still have to "tweak" the 20 because I'm not happy with it.
Old 04-13-2013, 05:22 AM   #2959
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlani View Post
I've been busy.. I've had three discus sitting in qt for 2 weeks *SURPRISE* I finally took everyone's advice and got Trooper friends. Hopefully 2weeks will be enough time because tonight I put them in his tank and have been "sweating it" ever since. Also started my planted bowl, did water changes on all my tanks except the brackish (ill get to it tomorrow) scrubbed the 20 gal and set it up (no fish yet) found a 33 gal I'm going to pick up tomorrow for my son to have free reign with. Spent too much time watching the 80 hoping everyone will get along well. (I'm still sitting in front of it) I'll probably end up switching things up in there tomorrow and I still have to "tweak" the 20 because I'm not happy with it.
Would love to see pics of your new discus
Old 04-13-2013, 09:42 AM   #2960
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mlani View Post
In our hobby, one cant sit in front of a tank for too long.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com