What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I did a 50% pwc and then fed the fish. Then one of my kids distracted me while the other grabbed the food and started dropping tons in. It's like they had it all planned out! Then I had to do ANOTHER 50% change so I could suck out all the food and in the process I knocked the lava rock off the driftwood which then floated to the top and uprooted my poor little plants... It was a disaster. I got it all put back together and king Neptune is no worse for wear.

The moral of this story: never take your eyes off the food until it is safely in the cabinet where mischievous little fingers cant reach it.

Bearchumjs said:
The moral of this story: never take your eyes off the food until it is safely in the cabinet where mischievous little fingers cant reach it.

Or the gravel vac or bucket or prime or ferts or lids/hood or anything in the general area! Lol.

I did absolutely nothing to my tanks today. Didn't even feed the fish (fast day).

Last edited:
Today was my 50-60% water change for my 120g and 20g. Fed both my fish. Everyone doing well. Cleaning out the FX5 was a long process, but the sponges collected a lot of small waste.

Mumma.of.two said:
Or the gravel vac or bucket or prime or ferts or lids/hood or anything in the general area! Lol.

I did absolutely nothing to my tanks today. Didn't even feed the fish (fast day).

Ah ah ah! You enjoyed them!!

Mumma.of.two said:
You got me! Lol!
I'd have to say I lied. I remember I dosed ferts to two tanks early this morning. :)

Oh mumma!! You have to edit your earlier post, you cant spoil your image now! Lol

Absolutely nothing :D No - sorry - I'd turned the lights on :D
After last three days of 50% water changes to get the nitrates down me and my fishes deserve a little bit of quiet time ;)

picked up my 120g upgrade for my turtle, continued to work on my stand, finished cycling my 2.5g, water changes, and gathered my newborn guppy fry. :) good day!

Buried an angelfish (rip bait) :(, did a top off, 25% waterchange, added more meds (for other angel fish's internal parasites) and watched....

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Buried an angelfish (rip bait) :(, did a top off, 25% waterchange, added more meds (for other angel fish's internal parasites) and watched....

Im sorry. :(. I hope the others get well soon!

I explained to my 7yr old that the thing on king neptune's stomach was poop and that he wasn't going to die. ;) Kids are so funny with the stuff they come up with.

Added a porky, an 3 chromes with a 10% water change on my 125 forgot to make water :( So that's what I'm doing now

I discovered the light on my 30 is being temperamental. Figures the only tank I have real plants in would be the only one with light problems.

Today my goal is to try to figure out how to tell my 4 yr old that the common goldfish he won at a school carnival (grrrrrr) - already named "cute cupcake" - is going to have to go live somewhere else. No room in our 2 bedroom apartment for a 100g tank or a pond!

Back
Top Bottom