Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-09-2012, 11:39 PM   #291
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SherryD
Mumma, I was thinking same thing after reading your post about running out of electric outlets! You should see my outlet...most have at least 1 powerstrip plugged in. Good thing is I can add an outlet or two if I need to! Just hate working with electricity but may come to that!
By the way...love your tanks...and watching your TV build. Looks great!
Thanks! Lol we need a fish room each!

Grr! Just noticed my husband unplugged one of my filters!! Very annoyed! I have no idea how long it's been off. At least 24 hours. Not happy!
So.... Now I've got to go digging for my test kit and do a water change.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #292
Aquarium Advice Addict

I like how we throw in something at the end of the horse comments to keep it thread legal. I used to have a horse and palominos are hard to keep clean and hard to keep from sun bleaching.

I fed my fish some bloodworms and I dropped in a bottom feeder wafer for the ghost shrimp. One is pregnant! And I think one of my Rummies is pregnant or full of eggs. Her tummy looks fatish.

Old 04-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #293
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumma.of.two

Thanks! Lol we need a fish room each!

Grr! Just noticed my husband unplugged one of my filters!! Very annoyed! I have no idea how long it's been off. At least 24 hours. Not happy!
So.... Now I've got to go digging for my test kit and do a water change.
If you have the room, you can do what Dustin from dustinsfishtanks is doing. He is making a greenhouse for his tanks. He put in concrete floors with drains for WC and other things along with plenty of electricity outlets. I am soooooo tempted to do this
Old 04-10-2012, 02:37 AM   #294
Aquarium Advice Activist

Here's a thing that was worked fantastic for me - its a huge power bar that has 12 plug-ins - have this in the middle row of my rack. Since I don't run many hob's and all those tanks are on a central blower for individual sponges has been a life saver, got it as a gift from one of the industrial supply stores
Old 04-10-2012, 10:59 PM   #295
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I added four more neon.tetras to the 6 I got yesterday.. got some swords for my 55 gallon!!
Old 04-10-2012, 11:23 PM   #296
Aquarium Advice Freak

Moved a couple corals around and gave the tank it's weekly scraping. Also trimmed my cheato a little bit! And started a new batch of pwc water.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:41 AM   #297
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tested water, and Wc in all tanks. Examined one betta to see if his fins are growing any...think they are! Watched the other betta for about 30 mins to make sure he ate something cuz I haven't seen him eat anything since I bought him on Friday.
Speaking of I was going to ask...why is the water the bettas are kept in at the store blue?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:53 AM   #298
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smomus
Tested water, and Wc in all tanks. Examined one betta to see if his fins are growing any...think they are! Watched the other betta for about 30 mins to make sure he ate something cuz I haven't seen him eat anything since I bought him on Friday.
Speaking of I was going to ask...why is the water the bettas are kept in at the store blue?
I think the blue water is some sort of medication or stress reducer or something to slow down their systems during transportation so they don't create alot of waste.
Old 04-11-2012, 01:07 AM   #299
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearchumjs

I think the blue water is some sort of medication or stress reducer or something to slow down their systems during transportation so they don't create alot of waste.
Oh that's really kind of sad. Dope up the bettas
I watched a worker change the water one time and it was changed with more blue water. I wondered if it had some kind of food in it too. Reminded me of water with miracle grow in it. Didn't think then to ask what was in it, just assumed it was food.
Anyway, back to the regularly scheduled topic...
Old 04-11-2012, 01:16 AM   #300
Aquarium Advice Obsessed

Did a PWC on my goldfish and cichlid tank. Added some CC to the cichlid tank and made a mess because I didn't rinse it enough. Traded some more plants and got 4 mbunas.

Mumma.of.two is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com