What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cleaned the glass, check salinity and temperature several times since I just started the heater yesterday-new set-up.

I hear you there!! They are like the horse head loach of the saltwater world.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Mine dont ever hide? I have a YWMG who loves to be rubbed on the back and a black clown goby in my 3g who bites my finger when im working in his tank lol. Also my 2 purple fire fish (not gobys but whatever) in my 37g are always out

Have you had experience with some hiding?

Dosed prazi in the 20 after a 5g wc, bought another battery powered air motor for $15 at petsmart, snow storm tonight, power outages on the horizion! Hopefully not for me though ;). Hand fed the 37g and my big blenny bit my hand 4 times lol, feels like a cats tongue! Also my valentini clipped my finger nails for me aswell.

Pistol shrimp attacked my big 2" blue nuckel hermit in the 20, hunger little guy kills anything in sight! Heres his murder listing so far-
2 margarita snails
1 banded trochus snail
6 dwarf zebra hermits
And has made many attempts to catch the blue tux urchin and baby blenny.

My big emerald crab has also made attempts to capture the blenny.

Topped of the 3g, also did a 30% wc on it.

15g wc on the 37g

Took on 2 new cichlids. They were given to me by a mom who didn't realize there was a difference between African and NW cichlids and normal community fish so these guys were deemed 'too hostile'. I set up this 29g using the Frankenstein my established giant tanks so all decor items, substrate and filters are matured, along with 15g of water from my hospital tank.

Does anyone have a clue on the African what species I'm looking at, what lake/river he/she is from and will I be okay using a 75g octagonal for the school I know I'm gonna wind up getting?

I'm also not sure on the other guy either- the lady said she bought it as a firemouth- obviously mislabeled. Is he a severum or festivum? He's going to be sharing a 90g with a Dempsey and 2 pollini once the tank is cycled and he gets a couple inches bigger (7 inch Dempsey, a 5 inch pollini and a 6 inch pollini would demolish this 2 1/2 incher, but he's got fight!!

I also cleaned my 125g flowerhorn tank of the unsightly algae from accidental full sun exposure (I was away for a couple of days and my cats knocked the curtains in my kitchen down). On a good note, at least my bristle nose pleco are nice and busy.

Also played ping pong with my Oscars- Piggy and Gino using a hyacinth bulb.

Total water changed= 100g
Total time spent = 15 hours
Partial changing for my 90g, 125g, 150g, 40g, 60g, 65g, 20g, 10g and 5g!!

I'm one tired aquarium freak!!

Attachments

• 1392173794612.jpg
    1392173794612.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 73
  • 1392174022233.jpg
    1392174022233.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 68
  • 1392174055627.jpg
    1392174055627.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 105
  • 1392174125461.jpg
    1392174125461.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 90
Mine dont ever hide? I have a YWMG who loves to be rubbed on the back and a black clown goby in my 3g who bites my finger when im working in his tank lol. Also my 2 purple fire fish (not gobys but whatever) in my 37g are always out

Have you had experience with some hiding?

I have- I have a tank that I set up and maintain for a buddy of mine. His sleeper goby, shrimp goby and WM goby go unseen for a couple days at a time- but the tank is 300g and a full grown stars and stripes puffer is quite the beast to hide from in 240lbs of live rock ;-)

Did a pwc on the QT tank and added a few more fish, the Glowlights. Added Stress Coat too. Also the same with a male Dragonscale Betta, new guy, he is blue and golden yellow. He isn't in the best shape but doesn't look too bad either, also in QT by himself. Pics in the next few days, sorry you have to wait. Added a little heater to the Chi, had used it's heater for the QT.

Sorry for the 2 posts in a row but i just returned from a visit to the new LFS that opened this week. The owner talked my ear off and wouldn't let me look at the fish for long :nono:. He is an enthusiastic fish lover and very excited about making a living out of his fish. He said he opened because the other LFS is expensive and offers no variety in filtration etc. Their fish all looked in good health. It sounds like he is going to be good for the hobby in town. He said he plans to get a few fish experts to lecture here. He had a background breednig marine fish and 4 varieties of seahorse. He has about 60 FW tanks in now and plans to add about 60 more for the reef side of things over the next three weeks. This shop is going to be great i think, but is a bit isolated so it could struggle without walk in customers.

And best of all the plants he had there were all different from what i am growing in my tanks :dance:. I just bought some Hygro Pisces/Sunset Hygro. I have a plant capable of becoming RED :brows: It has nice leaf patterns even if it does not go red. Would have bought another couple of plants but i only had $15 on me. I now have two shops in town that call out to me. My wallet may need resuscitating from the regular beatings it will be taking now.

I have- I have a tank that I set up and maintain for a buddy of mine. His sleeper goby, shrimp goby and WM goby go unseen for a couple days at a time- but the tank is 300g and a full grown stars and stripes puffer is quite the beast to hide from in 240lbs of live rock ;-)

Any pics? Lol no wonder those gobies hide!

Any pics? Lol no wonder those gobies hide!

I wish I had some, but I don't take pics of tanks that aren't mine, I'm weird like that, but I'll see if he has any and get links if possible. And yes, Mr Man (the puffers name) is quite the force to be reckoned with, splits fingertips of people crazy enough to tease him.

I had to move someone. I ended up moving my gold saum.. He's grown to believe he owns the tank.. Which he should it's his size, but he wouldn't let anyone else out, my Pleco has chunks all over his fins taken out and tailless (my oh so special firemouth) had been cichlid stone bound for a few days popping his head out to bite at food and my jack Dempsey was starting to show signs of being scared. I took out all of the flat rocks, that made the gold saum want to breed, I tried warmer/colder temps so he wouldn't want to breed, still, he owned the tank and if anyone was seen moving, there's a problem. I was ping to move tailless, because he was having the biggest issue, the gold saum and jack Dempsey not liking his presence.... I must have not added him young enough.. He was last..

I'm torn tho. Because I don't see myself getting a bigger tank anymore. I planned on it. But at this point, I need one now and I can't. So... I have my 75 gallon and the 20 gallon, I need to either keep my dream fish, the gold saum that I've finally been able to tell is male, which I was hoping for. Or I re home the gold saum, and hope the jack Dempsey will deal with my firemouth (tailless) ...

My jack Dempsey and firemouth are so special.

Jack is blind in one eye, due to opaque eye at a young age when someone else owned it, and I started with him.

Tailless is special, all in his name. From all me and my lfs knows, he was born tailless and has done so well up until now.

My gold saum was my 2nd and I found out about his breed after I had researched a lot, and since then, he's been my dream fish.

??????? big decisions to be made.

I wouldn't feel so bad re homing someone if I knew they were a good home, and that I could get updates.. But still.

Yesterday I did a 30 gallon water change. Should have been 60% but the tank looked like it was 75% empty. Did a thorough gravel vac of everywhere I could reach without moving decor. Did filter maintenance, removed the crushed coral that was loosely all over the place and replaced it with a pouch made of women's tights with the CC in it. Tried to add another sponge on top of it but there wasn't enough room.

I've been gone from my tank 3 days now out of state working. Trusting my girlfriend to take care of my baby! Should be back Sunday to check out my losses....LOL

I've been gone from my tank 3 days now out of state working. Trusting my girlfriend to take care of my baby! Should be back Sunday to check out my losses....LOL

Haha jumping to conclusions already! Be afraid bud, be very afraid!

Moved my tanks around in the mancave, did a 20% water change, stared at it for about 30mins, shut off the lights and enjoyed the shimmer from my blue lights, now imma search CL for more fish.

Back
Top Bottom