Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #3061
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'll be adding my new freshwater pipefish to my species tank.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #3062
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Installed the second fluval 306 to my aquarium.

Old 04-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #3063
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

During the moving process, my last tank 37G at the old house has been unplugged at least 2x for unknown for sure periods of time and now I have ICH.

I am moving it today to the new house already started moving up the temp it should be at 84 by the end of today. I need to get out my few snails some of the plants and I will probably use this as an excuse to change this tank from white construction sand to black sand or Eco-Complete. Any other ideas would be appreciated! lol But probably go bare bottom for the treatment period with heat and salt. I also have a UV sterilizer given to me but have never tried it out, probably will now!

Right now it is Cardinals and a few Guppies and some Cories and other community fish. But it will eventually go to my moms house in a few months and she will have a hope to be breeding pair of Koi Angels.

Yesterday filled pond and added water to 37G for evaporation.

Found out my prefilter fell off in my Red Cherry Edge tank and I know I had 1-2 shrimp due with new babies so I hope I caught it in time !

Trying a new food for the bottom feeders, Omega One Shrimp Pellets. Never considered it as I thought it was just a pellet consisting of shrimp. BUT it has so much more variety of some good stuff and very little wheat flour!

Also posted a drawing for this if anyone is interested in entering...

RAOK***FREE Petrified Wood Stone USA only

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 01:25 PM   #3064
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post
During the moving process, my last tank 37G at the old house has been unplugged at least 2x for unknown for sure periods of time and now I have ICH.

I am moving it today to the new house already started moving up the temp it should be at 84 by the end of today. I need to get out my few snails some of the plants and I will probably use this as an excuse to change this tank from white construction sand to black sand or Eco-Complete. Any other ideas would be appreciated! lol But probably go bare bottom for the treatment period with heat and salt. I also have a UV sterilizer given to me but have never tried it out, probably will now!

Right now it is Cardinals and a few Guppies and some Cories and other community fish. But it will eventually go to my moms house in a few months and she will have a hope to be breeding pair of Koi Angels.

Yesterday filled pond and added water to 37G for evaporation.

Found out my prefilter fell off in my Red Cherry Edge tank and I know I had 1-2 shrimp due with new babies so I hope I caught it in time !

Trying a new food for the bottom feeders, Omega One Shrimp Pellets. Never considered it as I thought it was just a pellet consisting of shrimp. BUT it has so much more variety of some good stuff and very little wheat flour!

Also posted a drawing for this if anyone is interested in entering...

RAOK***FREE Petrified Wood Stone USA only
I use the omega one shrimp pellets and they're a hit!! My black skirts eat them whole, the cores love em, Bolivian rams enjoy them and my ghost shrimp carry them around and defend the heck out of them! Even my male betta will pick at them.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #3065

Headed back to town got home yesterday moved the crawfish over to the 20g and setup my betta with his divided side of the 10g .. but the filter had burned up .. it has been acting up and losing all water at varied times so i wa gonna gwt a new one next week anyway but kinda need it now so im gonna try n find 2 one for each side of the divider that doesnt take up so much room n small heaters for both sides too the one i have my betta keeps flaring up at his reflection...
Old 04-28-2013, 06:38 PM   #3066
Elephant nose Finatic!

Hectic day! Got up this morning to find some of my amanos dying they seemed to act strange after i added new plants yesterday so I changed some water, then this evening i did a large pwc so I'm keeping my fingers crossed alls well tomorrow as I have a shipment of cherries coming on Tuesday yikes!
After cleaning my elephant nose tank out twice i fed him live bloodworm and my betta had live mysis. I hope tomorrow isn't as bad as today
Old 04-28-2013, 07:14 PM   #3067
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

My new marble sailfin Pleco! I thought I wanted something different but when I saw this guy I wanted him!! By the time he gets big ill have a larger tank for sure, love the guy!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1718617323.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	180.1 KB
ID:	170447

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #3068
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Changed my 20 gal grow-out tank for my yellow labs to aragonite. They're like little kids digging in the sand fun to watch and the lighting is so much better than the dark gravel I had.
Old 04-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #3069
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
My new marble sailfin Pleco! I thought I wanted something different but when I saw this guy I wanted him!! By the time he gets big ill have a larger tank for sure, love the guy!
So pretty!

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 07:18 PM   #3070
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbanker View Post

So pretty!
Thank you!

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »