What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The theory was cool, the practice was infuriating. But in lieu of that, I am happy now with my new tank. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392784000.661068.jpg

It's a 6 gallon. Fluval Edge with a fiddler crab named Squishy whose really a demigod, 2 neon Tetras that I haven't decided if I like yet, and a white Molly that I bought to replace my old fish Apricot. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1392784422.868214.jpg

I bought some Crypt Balansae and 6 more of my favorite fish. I have 12 Kuhli loaches now 6 will be going into the new 20g i have cycled after three weeks with seeded media squeezings. The other 6 i already have will join them when i know these guys aren't sick and i can catch them :blink:. I'll try a small hollow clay log and a stocking to trap them. I have to decide whether to move a school of neon tetras or Harlequin Rasboras in with them. Rasboras and Kuhlis tank specs match better so i'll probably go that way. Will add some shrimp later. only the kuhlis will go in today.

I was going to buy a 55g with good cannister filter, heater and dual T5 lighting for $250. Someone offered their asking price $350 after they had agreed for me to pick it up tomorrow but will only come to look at the tank on tuesday :banghead: This tank had no scratches and the filter was only 4 months old and still had the receipt. Tank was only 6 months old and they upgraded. I want to steal their 150g tank as they aren't treating it right :angel:

I'm pretty pleased with how my new Kuhlis are doing in their new tank. I custom desinged this scape so it would have accessible hiding places from about 60% of the floor of the tank. I read somewhere that Kuhlis will come out more if they don't feel far from safety and i will tentatively say it is 100% true. I've had 6 kuhlis in another tank for a couple of months that are incredibly shy and have few hides. I don't see them much. The new 20g with 6 kuhli and more hides than they can use at once has 6 kuhlis swimming about in every area of the tank. Very impressed to finally see them swimming together freely in lighted conditions. Such a nice change from having to search to spot 1 or 2.

Yesterday- 75% wc on the 20g to get Trates back down to 5ppm. Cleaned the filter very well and added another piece of AC foam for more biological area. Tank is 100% clear now and ill be treating with peroxide soon to kill off the algae.

Today- picked up 150lbs. of rock for the scapegoat on my 75g. Washed em thoroughly and soaking em atm. 50% wc on the 75g because it had a nasty brown foam building up on top. I assumed it was protein layer or what not.

Yesterday- Returned one of my kissing gouramis to petco for adoption, kept the larger one. Picked up more frozen bloodworms.

Today-Visited a Richmond aquarium and picked up some of their (albeit expensive) house brand veggie flakes, a feeding station and some seaweed clips for the romaine. Also visited home depot and picked up most of the plumbing for my aquaponics attachment for the tropical tank. Need a valve and a check valve but we're getting there.

Cried last night over my one of a kind fish I had to rehome. Cried cried. Today I stair at my tank, with my lone gold saum aka green terror and two plecos. He isn't attacking me anymore, and he's keeping the tank interesting, everything back in the tank, not dispersed through several tanks, and I realize, even though I lost some fish I could never get back, (well unless I begged heehee), I am happy with my decision. My gold saum is my dream fish and I am a Pleco lover. A sigh of relief as I get pictures of my rehomed fish doing well, and a smile on my face as I feel guilt going away.

Cried last night over my one of a kind fish I had to rehome. Cried cried. Today I stair at my tank, with my lone gold saum aka green terror and two plecos. He isn't attacking me anymore, and he's keeping the tank interesting, everything back in the tank, not dispersed through several tanks, and I realize, even though I lost some fish I could never get back, (well unless I begged heehee), I am happy with my decision. My gold saum is my dream fish and I am a Pleco lover. A sigh of relief as I get pictures of my rehomed fish doing well, and a smile on my face as I feel guilt going away.

Doesn't it hurt so good to rehome a beloved fish who will do better somewhere else?

Doesn't it hurt so good to rehome a beloved fish who will do better somewhere else?

Yeah... But I still wasn't a complete believer they would take care of them as well as I did. Only because they weren't in my sites. But the same night they were rehomed my jack Dempsey was swimming right next to the others and resting with them at night. Tailless was skittish at first and hiding, I expected being a scared fish. But today, tailless is out and about.. Like I said one of a kind fish. but I wouldn't let just anyone take them. So as my bf says, it'll be ok. :)

Bought some Lileopsis and either dwarf or regular hairgrass for my Kuhli tank. Also found a cheap used camera that lets me take better pictures than my phone or laptop. I'll upload some pics later when i have rescaped my plants. My Kuhlis are being photogenic so i'll take a few more pics before the rescape so they don't start hiding. Must have watched them for three hours today.

just finished prepping for my new arrivals that should be here anytime now , fedex should have been here a hour ago

things I've done

10g water change
cleaned out skimmers
rearranged corals
set up my prep table/placed frag tools and plugs in order for easy access
water change in qt tank for the new wrasse
set up acclimation station
cleaned out coral dip bucket
wait he just pulled in

Today I worried about my tank and how well my sister took care of it the week I was gone... :S

Today I worried about my tank and how well my sister took care of it the week I was gone... :S

That is always a little scary...

Well been very busy here, been doing daily, occasionally 2x daily, 50-70% pwc on my qt to keep the water in good condition. Think my bb just wasn't as abundant as I thought. Moved half of the Glowlight Tetras yesterday to the 72G, they are really happy, and will move the rest tomorrow.

Found a pretty Blue Ram and he is now in my QT.

Here is a pic of my female Betta in my 5G Chi tank.
60074-albums12946-picture65494.jpg

Probably picking up my new shrimp today, had car problems the other day so couldn't pic them up, and the CPO's, and more aquarium plants for my tanks. 2 days ago I got some nice Ludwigia Repens.

Finally getting a lid for my Chi tank online, some shrimp food and small algae wafers... can only find the giant ones at the store.

Couple days ago bought 5 kinds of food to replenish the fish food drawer! Got frozen baby brine shrimp and didn't realize how tiny they were, lol, untill they went into the tank. The Angels didn't even see them to eat them. But the Cories found them and were doing the happy dance!!!

Checking on a new used tank, a 6.6G Edge, waiting to see if it is still available from CL, looking at the possibility of venturing into the salty side!?!!!! Something simple, and easy...:rolleyes:

Nothing yet, about to head off to the petco 50% off sale. Pretty excited for some new additions.

Sat on the floor and cried. A lot. I looked away for a minute and my favorite betta girl got too close to the hose, was sucked up and violently killed during a WC. My husband confirmed it for me and took care of her little body (I couldn't look after the fist glance -I havn't been able to see things die since our daughter passed a couple years ago). Killing my favorite betta girl was the worst. I couldn't look at her tank all day. Took the little man and we went on a long walk to work out the sadness.

Sat on the floor and cried. A lot. I looked away for a minute and my favorite betta girl got too close to the hose, was sucked up and violently killed during a WC. My husband confirmed it for me and took care of her little body (I couldn't look after the fist glance -I havn't been able to see things die since our daughter passed a couple years ago). Killing my favorite betta girl was the worst. I couldn't look at her tank all day. Took the little man and we went on a long walk to work out the sadness.

Oh no that's horrible, I'm very sorry to hear that

Oh, that is so tragic. Accidents happen, don't beat yourself up. Take some time..., because it sad and heart aching. So sorry for your loss, it is even harder when it is a favorite fish.

Added 6 neons and 1 rumnynose tetra, think he's lonely, going to try to get 4 more tomorrow. Also added a java fern

Back
Top Bottom