What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50% wc on fluffys house to reduce the levels.
Ammonia- .50ppm
Nitrites- 2ppm
Nitrates- 10ppm

All is fairly well but fluffy won't est his pellets (sinking or floating) but will eat fry

50% wc on fluffys house to reduce the levels. Ammonia- .50ppm Nitrites- 2ppm Nitrates- 10ppm All is fairly well but fluffy won't est his pellets (sinking or floating) but will eat fry
dude those levels are pretty bad.. 2 ppm of trites is brutal on fish gills.. Was that before or after wc?

That's before. I'm treating the water every 12 hours to keep the levels safe for the fish. I've been doing a 50% wc every 24 hours
cool! Not trying to be a know it all , just want the best for that lil oscar! I want to see a 2 pounder in a year!!

cool! Not trying to be a know it all , just want the best for that lil oscar! I want to see a 2 pounder in a year!!

Noooo I'm lookin at a 6#er if he doesn't start eating these pellets. Then it will be only live food for him unfortunatly.

He seems to love to eat the temp probe

Did 2 50% back to back pwc today because I missed yesterday on the QT.

Did 20% on Chi.

Cleaned out snail & plant over flow (2 buckets) and added a Betta, the male that was in the cup marked female, and had been banished from the sorority tank. Figured he would like it in a 5 gallon bucket much more than a pet store Betta cup. Haven't decided to keep him or not yet.

Found one bucket of moss and a few plants I forgot about outside. Curious to see if it survives the VERY cold winter.

Made a huge mess in the 12G Edge tank. Trimmed some plants and replanted the pieces, replanted a number of plants which had been up rooted by the Albino BN Pleco trouble pals. Seems to be what they do for fun, and hide under the DW. 20% pwc before the trimming and a 5-10% after. The water was a big mess with food particles in the substrate from planting and moving around the DW. Guess I am still over feeding. :blink:

Need to try to do a substrate clean soon. Hard because it is mostly plants now. Removed dead leaves, threw a bunch of fresh, trimmed off leaves into the plant bucket to see if they might grow little plantlets, along with some pieces of Foxttail to see if it turns into little plants. Occasionally my Ludwigia Repens x l. Arcuata will grow a little plant on a leaf.

Last edited:
Complete my 20g Molly haven with a double filter system i have 3 platies 2 dalmation mollies 2 black mollies 2 guppies a baby pleco and 3 danios. Its all fake plants an it is supposed to look rainbow because soon i am doing biomes and one is a magic biome

2 power filter 40

What did I do with my tanks today? Well, I fed both my 40 gal and 10 gal. I gave my 40 gal their Ich meds. Then I did a 25% WC on the 10 gal and did a 10% WC on the 40 gal. OH, I also raised the temp of the 40 gal to 82 degrees (for the Ich). I'm now enjoying both of them right now :)

Mostly anything Hikari, including the frozen and freeze dried foods, from fry food to pond Koi/goldfish food. From dwarf shrimp to Cichlids!

I like some of the other formulations of foods, like Omega One Super cichlid, but they sink too fast for the angels to eat enough unless I stand there and hand feed them a couple pellets at a time.

Also liked the New Life Spectrum with garlic and the fish loved them but they turned the water a little yellow, and maybe break down a little too fast. I was using them for my guppies and fry a lot. Got good results mixing crushed Micro Pellets and NLS with Garlic.

Added for corydora swartz's to my 55G funny little things and can hold their own with the others in the tank

First time with the lights on for the krib he seems shy at least he's eating day 2 in the the tank a success ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1393618013.093263.jpg

Back
Top Bottom