What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Got the stand built finally!

That is a STRONG looking stand! Are you considering coating the base with weather sealer for decks? I was thinking, that stuff repels water and this stand would last for ever, if it got a couple coats of the stuff, the water would roll right off and it would likely never warp or anything. Not talking about how you finish the out sides, just the under sides. I did that on a couple bases I made for a shed and a BBQ. I have never made a tank stand, lol. Just wondering...since if there isn't any chance of it soaking up water, it seems that would be better.

I watched video of a guy make his own aquarium, not that I need any more of them, but I was thinking of making one, either a cylinder with a flat base (so far haven't found a large enough diameter, looking for 10-12"+ or maybe 18" long x 12" deep. Just kinda thinking out loud.

Anyway it seems like it would be a fun project for a smaller tank, I would be too afraid for anything big.

The Harlequin Rasboras were very happy to get out of QT and get to hang out with their new school.

The Ram/GBR went into hiding and blends well with the plants so it is hard to find him.

Also think I found out my gigantic Purple Spotted Gudgeon is a male. From what I understand, they are opposite of the norm, where the largest most rotund ones are the female. The male guards and cares for the babies too. That was interesting learning, they are from Australia and are endangered in the wild due to loss/change of habitat. Though are easily bred in the home aquarium. Some people catch and breed them their, raise the babies and release them all back when they reach about 3 cm. They also generally grow larger in captivity, than in the wild!

A person can learn so much from 2-4am!

Pwc on both tanks, plants had a nice haircut, removed some vallis from community tank and put it in tanganyikan tank.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bought a bushy nose pleco and added some purigen to my tank!!! Anyone know when I will start seeing a difference

I put purigen in for the first time the other day and saw effects in a few hours. I have peat and drift wood so my water was a little yellow from the tannins and within 24hrs it was crystal clear. Great stuff highly recommend.

Well it's 9:30 p.m now where I live. I put it in at around 4 pm. I'm hoping by tomorrow morning I'll see results

Hey autumns key I'm also going to the cas auction! I was at the fall one with my mom, sister, and my saltwater aquarium nerd neighbor! Are you one of the people who sets it up?

Hey autumns key I'm also going to the cas auction! I was at the fall one with my mom, sister, and my saltwater aquarium nerd neighbor! Are you one of the people who sets it up?

No, it will be my first one ever!!! I always work, lol.

This is the Elephant Ear Betta, more pics of the color are in the Betta album.
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums/members/60074-albums13850.html

I will be loading some pics of the girls later.
60074-albums13850-picture65862.jpg

Last edited:
i added cories to my new 20g and got a new female betta named cherry pie. She likes to sit on her plant and also eat a bloodworm i gave her. Shes very small.

From fibsog: worried. My nails are gone. I come home and notice a good cap of fungus on sogfib, my original guppy. Doing a lot for my buddy....i hope he makes it. His tail was just healing from arthurs attack. It doesnt look good for him though. Its a lot of fungus.

No, it will be my first one ever!!! I always work, lol.

This is the Elephant Ear Betta, more pics of the color are in the Betta album.
Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community - Autumnsky's Album: Bettas and other stuff

I will be loading some pics of the girls later.
60074-albums13850-picture65862.jpg

It was pretty fun! The fall one was my first one and I only stayed like an hour or a hour and a half but got some blue velvet shrimp, red cherry shrimp, and blue rili shrimp all for about $30! It's really fun and there's a great selection of plants, shrimp, fish, equipment, tanks, books, and corals!

95% water change on the ten gallon the goldies I put in there yesterday are looking much better than they did in the feeder section.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Made some arrangements to pick up some plants for my Koi Angels privacy in their breeder tank. Which they are not using for breeding. We think because they don't feel it is cozy like their other original tank.

Watched the fish.

Back
Top Bottom