What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yesterday I went and got 3 guppies to reduce harassment of my current female and male (who I raised from fry, didn't intend to have a male and a female) and put them in quarantine. I put the female that is in with the male in a breeder net to try to protect her, I'm worried.

This morning I realized that she escaped! When I put the male in the net before, he was out by morning, too. I don't know what's going on! I figured he left because of his 'need to breed,' and she wouldn't because she hates his harassment, but she left too!

I did a wc and found this in my internal hidden filter .. Along with lots of eggs.. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395172196.814695.jpgthink I've cleaned out all the eggs.. Will have to keep checking in the filter housing. Anyone know what snail it is ?? I was thinking a pond snail

I highly dislike those snails. :(

Today I separated snails for shipping. Did WC on 20 gallon tanks and fed everyone. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think I got out all the eggs but I'm gonna just have to keep an eye on it.. Can I use anything to get rid of them ??

60 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank algae scrub, rinsed filters and re scaped. Also added new plants to it. Moved the Amanos back to my elephant nose tank and all seems well. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

30% WC on one tank, water removal from QT tank, and only partial refilling. tomorrow this QT inhabitants move into the community tank.

Emptyoingand cleaning of a hospital tank that no longer has a patient.

Separated my first set of Cory eggs.
Fed all fish.
Mystery snail laid a clutch this morning.
My balloon molly gave birth to a fry.
Things are going well. :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Aquarium Advice mobile app

ordered all new filters and power heads and heaters to replace all the wore out equipment on all my tanks ,tired of everything squealing and barking and always having to fix junk , ordered a sump kit for the 90g canister filter for 40 so hopefully things will shut up lol spent way too much but it was needed

Fed all fish the regular, along with some bloodworms and the fry got brine shrimp. Trying to condition my sister's danios. We might make a covert breeding operation in a bucket ;) so I thought of a great plan

Came home today to find that my heater in my 5.5g died a fiery death taking with it my 7 CPDs and 10 orange shrimp:(. I really loved watching that tank too! Now I have to start over...

Back
Top Bottom