Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #3221
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Wow, you have had a bad day! - can completely understand. I am sorry for the loss of the baby Clown. I am having problems with a tank too, and lots of other issues recently... It is so hard when things pile on top of each other!

Tomorrow is another day! I hope it is a better one for you and yours!
It is a new day! Unfortunately I don't think my loach is going to make it through the end of today. I'm so upset. Everything I have done to try and make him better hasn't helped and seems like its only made him worse. Maybe he is just old and there's nothing I can do? He's about 7 inches long, so he's probably up there in years? Sigh. Back to water changes and pond maintenance!

Old 05-14-2013, 03:13 PM   #3222
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post
It is a new day! Unfortunately I don't think my loach is going to make it through the end of today. I'm so upset. Everything I have done to try and make him better hasn't helped and seems like its only made him worse. Maybe he is just old and there's nothing I can do? He's about 7 inches long, so he's probably up there in years? Sigh. Back to water changes and pond maintenance!
I'm sorry to hear.

I think they can get much bigger than that but wouldn't have to be.

That is so hard.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 03:27 PM   #3223
Aquarium Advice Freak

My Phosphate and GH/KH test kits came today! Phosphates are right where I want them between 1 and 2ppm, and surprisingly to me my water is 2 dkH and 53.7 ppm GH - perfect for my rummys and future cardinals!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:25 PM   #3224
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Way to go Tarheel!

Changed water in my extra plant buckets and started reorganizing and sorting my fish stuff to put up on a new shelf, maybe making it easier to get to everything. HOPE!

Also moved tanks and LR furniture around for better traffic flow and better places for the small planted bowls and hope to move the OEBT shrimp from the 2.5G (now that they are big enough to see, lol) into the 6.6G Edge tank this afternoon.

Now maybe I will really find out how many I have, catching them, one by one. I know there are 7, and I think there are 9. They look a lot alike, and move around so much, and since there are so many hiding places, I haven't really found out yet!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:34 PM   #3225

Doing my morning feeding and a head count to make sure all are still there i noticed i have another female holding .. looks like nyererei n albino ob zebra fry are in my near future... well until my comps get them anyway...hopefully ill be home to see nature take its course this time
Old 05-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #3226
Aquarium Advice Activist

Ordered some plants today for my 65 gallon, also spent some time this morning trying to get my lights to turn on and off on a timer at the same time between my two tanks
Old 05-16-2013, 01:20 AM   #3227

Well this has been an eventful week to say the least.. i have a broken syphon for the gravel cleaner i bought for my smaller tanks , crawfish that wont eat their apparent "pet snails" each crawfish has 1 snail that shares its cave.. :/ my whole light fixture in the 10g blew out completely, 1 of my bettas is eating his tail so im gonna buy a new tank for him, and im having to do water changes with a bucket and a cup for my 10g n 20g until i can get to town and replace the syphon... oh n i didnt win the louisiana powerball (ddnt figure i would though) that was all just todays events ...im ready for the weekend hopefully things will get better
Old 05-16-2013, 01:46 AM   #3228
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Well this has been an eventful week to say the least.. i have a broken syphon for the gravel cleaner i bought for my smaller tanks , crawfish that wont eat their apparent "pet snails" each crawfish has 1 snail that shares its cave.. :/ my whole light fixture in the 10g blew out completely, 1 of my bettas is eating his tail so im gonna buy a new tank for him, and im having to do water changes with a bucket and a cup for my 10g n 20g until i can get to town and replace the syphon... oh n i didnt win the louisiana powerball (ddnt figure i would though) that was all just todays events ...im ready for the weekend hopefully things will get better
My crawfish usually let the snails live for a few weeks, then they'd kill them. Lol. I hope you have an awesome weekend.

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:08 AM   #3229

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmay33 View Post

My crawfish usually let the snails live for a few weeks, then they'd kill them. Lol. I hope you have an awesome weekend.
My crawfish have had them for atleast 2 mths... :/ i have even saw them crawling on the crawfish without the blues moving are anything lol
Old 05-16-2013, 03:45 AM   #3230
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I'm cycling so I did a massive water change to get the nitrites down to a readable level. In spite of the cycle, my hitchiker bladder snails are hard at work and doing what they do. I found two new snail egg clusters on my dwarf saggitaria.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com