Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #3231
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post

My crawfish have had them for atleast 2 mths... :/ i have even saw them crawling on the crawfish without the blues moving are anything lol
Lol. That's funny! I would consider that lucky. I wanted my snails to survive so bad. I final stopped trying. What kind of snails are in there?

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:27 AM   #3232
Aquarium Advice Activist

You want snails???? I can't get rid of them! I would love it if my clown loaches would just finish them off once and for all....

Old 05-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #3233
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteostler43614 View Post
You want snails???? I can't get rid of them! I would love it if my clown loaches would just finish them off once and for all....
Lol. Well, I've only ever bought mystery snails and they've never reproduced. So, I don't have the standard snail hatred that most aquarium keepers have. It's probably just a matter of time.

25 gallon reef
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #3234

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmay33 View Post

Lol. That's funny! I would consider that lucky. I wanted my snails to survive so bad. I final stopped trying. What kind of snails are in there?
Mystery snails ...
Old 05-16-2013, 11:35 AM   #3235
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteostler43614 View Post
Well, I got them so I'm making the best of it. Besides they are eating dead plant matter, algae, and doing a great job of keeping things clean. For now I like watching them snail around. This joy of snails is subject to change with time, lol.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #3236
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:

Mystery snails ...
That's what mine were too. What kind of crawfish do you have?

25 gallon reef
Old 05-16-2013, 02:24 PM   #3237
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Did an over due pwc an my 3G WCMM planted bowl/jar.

Am about to put away the rest of the aquarium stuff on my new shelf, that will make the hubby happy, lol.

Hubby said he wants two matching Edge tanks in the TV/stereo tower units, which flank the TV, BELOW the electronic components.... I am the fish person, and I think he went off the deep end LOLOLOLOL... In theory it will fit well and look awesome, but the application of keeping it in good condition and doing pwc could be a night mare

tank is appx 12x17" and the space opening is 15x22"

Either way, at his suggestion, I will keep looking for another great deal on a tank!!!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:04 PM   #3238
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
My crawfish have had them for atleast 2 mths... :/ i have even saw them crawling on the crawfish without the blues moving are anything lol
Maybe they're vegetarian?

I spent a while teaching my dog not to put his nose on the fish tanks. He is in love with my cories, I think. The problem is that he pushes his nose against the tank. Hard. It almost fell off the stand the first time he did it.

I also spent about an hour looking for shrimp fry. Didn't see any, but I'm holding out hope. And I poked at some driftwood that's been soaking. Surely that will help it sink? Poking it and frowning, I mean?

Most importantly though, I cleaned my new 55g in preparation for hardscaping. I couldn't bring myself to start rinsing sand in the bathtub because the house cleaners were here today. My husband ought to be able to see the house clean for at least ONE day. Rinsing starts tomorrow though. I also put frosted window film on the back of it. It was a ton easier than I thought it would be and looks fantastic. I can't wait until tonight to see what it looks like with light behind it. And so it begins!
Old 05-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #3239
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by pankelephant

Maybe they're vegetarian?

I spent a while teaching my dog not to put his nose on the fish tanks. He is in love with my cories, I think. The problem is that he pushes his nose against the tank. Hard. It almost fell off the stand the first time he did it.

I also spent about an hour looking for shrimp fry. Didn't see any, but I'm holding out hope. And I poked at some driftwood that's been soaking. Surely that will help it sink? Poking it and frowning, I mean?

Most importantly though, I cleaned my new 55g in preparation for hardscaping. I couldn't bring myself to start rinsing sand in the bathtub because the house cleaners were here today. My husband ought to be able to see the house clean for at least ONE day. Rinsing starts tomorrow though. I also put frosted window film on the back of it. It was a ton easier than I thought it would be and looks fantastic. I can't wait until tonight to see what it looks like with light behind it. And so it begins!
Oh no, the poking and frowning is a vital step in getting driftwood to sink. I'm sure of it! It has always seemed to work for me...
Old 05-16-2013, 09:11 PM   #3240
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Found my first empty snail. I guess my fish finally realized they might have been bought for food!! And it was my skittish jack Dempsey. Lol I've had them longer then I thought though. But can I clean it out and put the shell in my African cichlid tank?

Also added a few more rocks, let me know what you think. I found all these colorful ones but idk if its too much rock color

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2035758832.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	174104

Name:	image-1247848806.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	192.0 KB
ID:	174105

Name:	image-405132104.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	158.5 KB
ID:	174106

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Emails | - »