What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Picked up a coral beauty and a hawk fish for my tank
That sounds pretty exciting! :)

50 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank, removed some ramshorn snails and put them in my elephant nose tank. My shrimp seem to be enjoying the clean water. View attachment 234087View attachment 234088

60 % clean on my elephant nose tank today, he's been chasing his tail again and caught it on something he's made a right mess of it really torn. So clean water for the next few days hopefully it will heal. Rinsed out filters and moved his pipe to give him room when he's being stupid!
Your African Shrimp are just beautiful and healthy looking.

Gonzo is your trouble causer, ......again! I hope his tail mends well.

My cord for my computer went kaput, so finally got the replacement today. Not very much has changed, except finally lost the Koi Angel, she tried so hard to make it.

This week have still been checking on which tanks to keep and which to pass along, and which will be the new easy does it SW tank.

My daughter really still wants the Gudgeon. He will need a little bigger tank than the 16G, so I have been looking for a good priced 26G or 36G bowfront tank for her. No luck yet.

Got my Ferka Stemma and Rosetta fert capsules today from Thailand. Woot, woot! Now I need to do a filter clean, plant trim and fert installation, in the 72G lol. Also still need to trade for some plants to help fill in the back of the tank, but it is a really long drive.

All my tanks are in need of some grooming and fine tuning. Argh!!! It is hard to keep up!

That sounds pretty exciting! :)

Your African Shrimp are just beautiful and healthy looking.

Gonzo is your trouble causer, ......again! I hope his tail mends well.

My cord for my computer went kaput, so finally got the replacement today. Not very much has changed, except finally lost the Koi Angel, she tried so hard to make it.

This week have still been checking on which tanks to keep and which to pass along, and which will be the new easy does it SW tank.

My daughter really still wants the Gudgeon. He will need a little bigger tank than the 16G, so I have been looking for a good priced 26G or 36G bowfront tank for her. No luck yet.

Got my Ferka Stemma and Rosetta fert capsules today from Thailand. Woot, woot! Now I need to do a filter clean, plant trim and fert installation, in the 72G lol. Also still need to trade for some plants to help fill in the back of the tank, but it is a really long drive.

All my tanks are in need of some grooming and fine tuning. Argh!!! It is hard to keep up!

Sorry to hear about your angel :( it's always sad to lose a fish.
Thanks my Africans are doing really well i think they enjoy having a tank to their self always out and about growing well too.
Yep Gonzo's at it again! His tail is awful all i can do is give clean water and add stress coat.
Enjoy your cleaning ;)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a 30% water change today. Waiting on my second water to come to temperature for another one. Did at least 6 ammonia and pH checks throughout the day. Removed my caveish decoration (had a hole in the bottom side, thought it may have been harboring poop, thus forth aiding in rising ammonia). Did my daily poop netting (TWICE!) Replaced one cartridge from my two filters (even though it has only been in a week, was doing everything I could think possible while ill to lower my 1.0 ammonia level). Added Aqua Safe and pH balancers. I removed the decaying, unsprouted Apongeton bulbs from my tank (my cory was eating them but they squirted horribly smelling puss-like substances...they are going back to the company), and I took out my sprouted Apongeton bulb to check its growth. I am pleased to announce it did not die in the cold weather when I had it starting to grow outside in the sunlight. (I forgot it overnight one evening and it got very cold, thought it died. But, it is growing strong!) Roots are coming in nicely.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398393934318.jpg
    1398393934318.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 82
Did a 30% water change today. Waiting on my second water to come to temperature for another one. Did at least 6 ammonia and pH checks throughout the day. Removed my caveish decoration (had a hole in the bottom side, thought it may have been harboring poop, thus forth aiding in rising ammonia). Did my daily poop netting (TWICE!) Replaced one cartridge from my two filters (even though it has only been in a week, was doing everything I could think possible while ill to lower my 1.0 ammonia level). Added Aqua Safe and pH balancers. I removed the decaying, unsprouted Apongeton bulbs from my tank (my cory was eating them but they squirted horribly smelling puss-like substances...they are going back to the company), and I took out my sprouted Apongeton bulb to check its growth. I am pleased to announce it did not die in the cold weather when I had it starting to grow outside in the sunlight. (I forgot it overnight one evening and it got very cold, thought it died. But, it is growing strong!) Roots are coming in nicely.

No no no don't replace your filter sponges. You are cycling and you need to leave the filters alone until you're finished, just let them run and suck the poop up when you do water changes. Nature is at work, and nature takes time, so it will be a long, tedious process with lots of water changes.

No no no don't replace your filter sponges. You are cycling and you need to leave the filters alone until you're finished, just let them run and suck the poop up when you do water changes. Nature is at work, and nature takes time, so it will be a long, tedious process with lots of water changes.

I only did one. I have two filters. I am going to leave them alone. I know I did a few wrong things with a foggy ill mind. I appreciate the reply. :) They are doing fine in the well water so I will not be so worried about water change costs. Less tedious. I shall now leave nature alone.

Well today I picked up about 80 lbs of coral rock for my "someday probably soon" easy going Saltwater tank of undetermined size, either 5G, 16G or 35G.

All these rocks were $10!!!

Funny what constitutes a fun day for SOME people...lol!

60074-albums13960-picture66385.jpg

Still strategizing about which fish and plants and rocks etc. to put where, so I will have room for the SW. I will play with the layout to see if I can decide, so I might not have to boil ALL of them. Some can stay as decorations in my rock garden.

Treated for ich :/

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1398491194532.jpg
    1398491194532.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 89
Well today I picked up about 80 lbs of coral rock for my "someday probably soon" easy going Saltwater tank of undetermined size, either 5G, 16G or 35G.

All these rocks were $10!!!

Funny what constitutes a fun day for SOME people...lol!

60074-albums13960-picture66385.jpg

Still strategizing about which fish and plants and rocks etc. to put where, so I will have room for the SW. I will play with the layout to see if I can decide, so I might not have to boil ALL of them. Some can stay as decorations in my rock garden.

Thats a nice looking pile of rock for $10. Cute dog too. Jack Russel? or Fox Terrier?

I've been keeping a filter cycled for a while with food and snails in a nice 5.5g rimless cube aquarium (free with a badly seized filter and several ill fish). Today i cleaned out the temporary substrate (loads of waste, did a complete WC then planted it out for a new purchase.

I bought a female Crowntail Betta, frozen bloodworms, some added sponge and a heater for the tank. She has settled in well and already begs for food after 2 feeds. I'm a little concerned that she seems to have a small bubble on each eye. Research says it could be a bacterial infection and that water changes aquarium salt and a med i can't recall the name of to fix the issue. LFS is closed till monday anyway so it has to wait and make do with regular WC.

dgkbDPo.jpg
I pulled all of the plants out of my tank and put the fish in a bucket. Started gavel vacuuming but that was taking forever. So I stuffed polyfil into the two AC50s and let them do the work. The turnover of the entire tank should be around 3-5 minutes. I made the mistake of disrupting the gravel too close to the intakes and both filters seized up. Removed them, cleaned them and put them back to work. One of them is still a bit noisy. They will get a thorough cleaning after the clean out is done. I am going to let them run for a few hours, swapping out the poly fill occasionally. Even after 10 minutes the poly fill looks like mud.

Its not fun. My poor little kiss gouramis are sooo darn sick :/

Sent from my SM-T210R using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Holy cow David! When you said clean out you meant it. Once you get it all done and replanted and settled down you'll like the results I bet. It'll be interesting to see if your NO3 build up is a lot less after this. I think I'm going to do my 16g like this. It's been set up for 18 months now. I ordered some med light plants for it as I think it's time to give it a facelift. Ordered some African Water Fern and some Hyaugust Hygrophila Corymbosa Angustifolia for it. Ordered some Didiplis Diandra and have Brian_Nano's UG in the 29g. The Glosso didn't carpet for me so it's gone. lol.
How soon will you replant after cleaning and are you getting anything new? OS.

Set up a new 15 gallon.. First tank with sand substrate.. Love it.. Can't wait to rehome my frogs and corries in there ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1398538382.728465.jpgjust waiting for water to settle and to cycle :) feedback appreciated

Thats a nice looking pile of rock for $10. Cute dog too. Jack Russel? or Fox Terrier?

I've been keeping a filter cycled for a while with food and snails in a nice 5.5g rimless cube aquarium (free with a badly seized filter and several ill fish). Today i cleaned out the temporary substrate (loads of waste, did a complete WC then planted it out for a new purchase.

I bought a female Crowntail Betta, frozen bloodworms, some added sponge and a heater for the tank. She has settled in well and already begs for food after 2 feeds. I'm a little concerned that she seems to have a small bubble on each eye. Research says it could be a bacterial infection and that water changes aquarium salt and a med i can't recall the name of to fix the issue. LFS is closed till monday anyway so it has to wait and make do with regular WC.
Thanks, daughters dog, a rescue, it is JR, daschaund sp? A Besenji sp? The african non barking dog

Set up a new 15 gallon.. First tank with sand substrate.. Love it.. Can't wait to rehome my frogs and corries in there View attachment 234983just waiting for water to settle and to cycle :) feedback appreciated

I like your right side substrate. :) like a fishie jungle gym. May I ask, where and what kind, does everyone get their sand?

Back
Top Bottom