Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #3281
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Woke up to my 125 leaking. I sleep in the room directly underneath it so it started dripping on my face at 4 am. Had to drain it about half way to get below the leak on the seal and then get my kids and I ready and out the door so I could get to work. Praying it doesn't start leaking again today while I'm gone. So now later I'm taking all of my stock into the lfs for credit and going to sell the tank. :-\

Old 05-20-2013, 10:53 AM   #3282
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlavassor86 View Post
Woke up to my 125 leaking. I sleep in the room directly underneath it so it started dripping on my face at 4 am. Had to drain it about half way to get below the leak on the seal and then get my kids and I ready and out the door so I could get to work. Praying it doesn't start leaking again today while I'm gone. So now later I'm taking all of my stock into the lfs for credit and going to sell the tank. :-\
Oh no!! Is it possible to reseal it?

Old 05-20-2013, 11:02 AM   #3283
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tetra1990 View Post

Oh no!! Is it possible to reseal it?
It is, but I've already had to reseal one corner already and now another so I'm just thinking I'll replace it with a new tank eventually. I also no longer have a tank to temporarily house my fish since that is now a planted community tank. And the cichlids would just kill my fish in that tank.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:29 PM   #3284
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Today, I added my old freshwater HOB Marineland filter to my 55 for extra filtration. I figured why not? I am using my skimmer (Reef Octopus BH-1000, 110 gallon skimmer) mostly for my filtration, being my fluval 206 is only rated for 45 gallons. Adding the HOB filter puts me up to 75 gallons of filtration now as it's only rated for 30 gallon tanks. I think the idea was solid and I have been saving up to make my 29 gallon sump tank.
Old 05-20-2013, 01:32 PM   #3285
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlavassor86 View Post
It is, but I've already had to reseal one corner already and now another so I'm just thinking I'll replace it with a new tank eventually. I also no longer have a tank to temporarily house my fish since that is now a planted community tank. And the cichlids would just kill my fish in that tank.
ouch! I PRAY that never happens to me!! It could be a very good snake tank now! or a lizard tank! Unless you reseal it!
Old 05-20-2013, 01:51 PM   #3286
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron1282 View Post

ouch! I PRAY that never happens to me!! It could be a very good snake tank now! or a lizard tank! Unless you reseal it!
Yea it would, but I've had reptiles in the past and they just don't interest me like fish do so I would probably neglect it. Resealing would be an option if I had a spare tank big enough for 30 + cichlids for the 2 days of resealing. I've got a 72 but its full of angels rams and live plants so my cichlids would just destroy everything. The other obstacle is now my dad since I recently moved back home until my divorce with my worthless wife is finalized and my money can go towards a house instead of lawyers. He already didn't want the tank in the house so now after this I don't see him being as lenient. Ill get good credit for my fish and just use the money towards my pressurized co2 system I'm saving for. Maybe even a few new plants. Either way it sucks.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:29 PM   #3287
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I guess the silver lining here is I can upgrade the filtration on my 72 from hob to canisters and add another heater just for redundancy.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:08 PM   #3288
Aquarium Advice Activist

Had to rearrange my cichlid tank again. I think they have finally discovered that the rocks move when they crash in to them. They're being wild today, Chasing each other around, knocking rocks and plants over, my frontosa is digging a new hole in the corner and he is also working on burying my pleco. I was cracking up when I saw him spitting sand all over him!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-914273224.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	164.3 KB
ID:	174878  
Old 05-20-2013, 04:33 PM   #3289
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Got my star moss in today!

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1066950854.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	150.8 KB
ID:	174896

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:16 PM   #3290
Aquarium Advice Activist

Just say and stared at the tank. Dreaming and wondering what they are thinking..... What do you think they think about?

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com