Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-22-2013, 09:44 AM   #3311
Aquarium Advice Addict

Once that sword grows it would look great in the middle behind the driftwood.

And I'd move the moss ball forward.

An aside: just posted an RAOK in the classifieds

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:17 AM   #3312
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearancepuppy View Post

I had to let mine go last month. Same thing (caught the leak before any damage happened) so I feel for you, especially the resealing, but I was able to have it about eight months with very few problems.

Moving baby snails as they get bigger to a smaller tank, and am watching another mystery snail clutch come along. Mts are multiplying so fast I need to have a giveaway lol.
Yea I've had this tank for about 7 years so I got some good use out of it. And I didn't pay for it so that makes it a little easier to swallow. Got it on even trade for a 55 I had because the people were moving and needed to downsize

Old 05-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #3313
Aquarium Advice Activist

I did a large w/c on my 15 in preparation for a 4-day weekend away. I've decided to let the fish go without food during that time - I've heard so many horror stories about auto-feeders gone bad. I also rearranged stuff and discovered that my lights don't work on the timer - they turn off, but only the red LEDs come back on. This is annoying. Yay extra lights though.

Been having troubles with my filter flow - the fish hate the spray bar turned upward, but you should see the junk that gets blown around! And turned any other way, there's just not enough movement to keep the tank clean. Clearly I needed to change something. I decided to move the intake and outflow to the same side and remove the spray bar altogether. The difference is amazing. It's great circulation but not enough to bother anyone. And the tank was clear w/in 15 minutes of the w/c. Yay!

I'm also anubias-challenged. Supposedly there are ways to tie them to rocks, but the method eludes me. Instead, I bought some small oak dowels from the hardware store and glued them in an X. Then I tied the plants to that (sooo much easier) and buried it in the substrate, except the crown, of course.

Finally, I stared at both my tanks. I can't plant the 55g because I'll be away more than home for the next 2 weeks. And I wanted to add some neon tetras to the 15, but can't for the same reason. So I must wait. I hate waiting.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #3314
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pankelephant View Post
I did a large w/c on my 15 in preparation for a 4-day weekend away. I've decided to let the fish go without food during that time - I've heard so many horror stories about auto-feeders gone bad. I also rearranged stuff and discovered that my lights don't work on the timer - they turn off, but only the red LEDs come back on. This is annoying. Yay extra lights though.

Been having troubles with my filter flow - the fish hate the spray bar turned upward, but you should see the junk that gets blown around! And turned any other way, there's just not enough movement to keep the tank clean. Clearly I needed to change something. I decided to move the intake and outflow to the same side and remove the spray bar altogether. The difference is amazing. It's great circulation but not enough to bother anyone. And the tank was clear w/in 15 minutes of the w/c. Yay!

I'm also anubias-challenged. Supposedly there are ways to tie them to rocks, but the method eludes me. Instead, I bought some small oak dowels from the hardware store and glued them in an X. Then I tied the plants to that (sooo much easier) and buried it in the substrate, except the crown, of course.

Finally, I stared at both my tanks. I can't plant the 55g because I'll be away more than home for the next 2 weeks. And I wanted to add some neon tetras to the 15, but can't for the same reason. So I must wait. I hate waiting.
My fish went 7 days without food last summer. They'll be fine!
Old 05-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #3315
Aquarium Advice Addict

80% pwc on both tanks. Leaving for vacation in the morning. All fish are on their own for 12 days:/ wish them luck.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:43 PM   #3316

Topped off all tanks today added the internal filter to the 10g to get it ready for the 5g which ill prolly swap the pads from my 20g filter and some decor

Just bid on 40 red cherry shrimp for $10 and a small shipping fee.. so excited hope i win them although its alittle more then i wanted couldnt pass up the offer gonna share them with a friend
Old 05-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #3317
Elephant nose Finatic!

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and filters rinsed. Woke up this morning to find my butterfly pleco dead I'm gutted really liked this guy. Don't know what happened.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:32 PM   #3318
Aquarium Advice Regular

thanks Autumnsky, no finish, just sanded it before taking a pic. Cant wait to set it up. have to setup a different tank to move fish over to drain that one and replace it with the 120 though as my floor is all uneven im gonna have to spend some time shimming and leveling it.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #3319

Took some photosvof my bettas since i rigged a light up.. moving the tail biter possibly tomorrow to his new home .. noticed his bruising from his jump is healing up alot

Flash

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130523_134058.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	175483

Lightening
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130523_134107.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	175482

Got outbid alot on the red cheelrry sakura shrimp and its just getting to rich for my blood so im not looking for some if anyone is selling them .. some nerite snails would be great too and even some type of moss got led lights on 1 tank n the other has a twist lamp for now gonna buy a different bulb thn the 60wyatt regular one thats on it now
Old 05-23-2013, 04:50 PM   #3320
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Shellyx OOOOhhhhhhhh No, I am crying with you, a terrible loss, so heartbreaking, I know you loved him! I am soooo sorry. I understand. To wonder what happened...

kJacks - Envious of your beautiful colored Betta Flash. I have buckets of Java Moss haven't posted it yet and a few other things to list just been so busy, pm me.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com