Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-23-2013, 05:16 PM   #3321
Elephant nose Finatic!

Thanks Autumnsky still can't believe it
50 % clean on my bettas tank and found a baby blue apple snail which must off came in off my plants! Poor betta now he has another snail to put up with

Old 05-23-2013, 05:34 PM   #3322

Thanks pictures dont do him just.. he was a walmart special....i will try n pm u later tonight...

Also shellyx sry for your loss

Old 05-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #3323
Elephant nose Finatic!

Thanks kjacks.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:55 PM   #3324
Aquarium Advice Freak

I set up a 3g for a female betta named Mercedes today!! she is loving the space!! yesterday I set up a 3g for a a male named Maddux (the boy in my avatar)!! he has a terra cotta pot cave that he loves, he slept in it last night!! he is so darn cute!!

I also went to goodwill to see if they had any lights for one of my 3g tank (its really a critter keeper so it didn't come with a light). I ended up with a 10g tank, it didn't come with anything not even a lid but, it was only $5... I did get a nice lamp for $3 so all is good!!

I run out of conditioner pretty fast and its really expensive where I live so I filled the 10g with water, a 1g with water and a small container thats probably 3gs with water. I put them in my closet to sit for a few days so I don't need conditioner... I don't have any water changes until next friday so do you guys think a week is long enought for the water to sit?
jessicafish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #3325
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Separated my two most pregnant females to their own tank. Hoping for fry soon! :fingers crossed:
Old 05-23-2013, 10:07 PM   #3326
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

To Jessicafish,
Years ago, before they had chlorine removers, we would put our new water in a tub with a small heater and air pump/stone for 24 hrs. With aeration, chlorine will be out of the water in 24 hrs. I've done hundreds of water changes this way and never had a problem.
OS.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:07 AM   #3327
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicafish View Post
I set up a 3g for a female betta named Mercedes today!! she is loving the space!! yesterday I set up a 3g for a a male named Maddux (the boy in my avatar)!! he has a terra cotta pot cave that he loves, he slept in it last night!! he is so darn cute!!

I also went to goodwill to see if they had any lights for one of my 3g tank (its really a critter keeper so it didn't come with a light). I ended up with a 10g tank, it didn't come with anything not even a lid but, it was only $5... I did get a nice lamp for $3 so all is good!!

I run out of conditioner pretty fast and its really expensive where I live so I filled the 10g with water, a 1g with water and a small container thats probably 3gs with water. I put them in my closet to sit for a few days so I don't need conditioner... I don't have any water changes until next friday so do you guys think a week is long enough for the water to sit?
Water conditioners CAN do more than remove the chlorine which as OS mentioned will neutralize, but there are heavy metals in the water as well and some cities use Chloramine which is worst than the chlorine, also takes additional water conditioner to neutralize. You can call the water company and ask about these things in your water, they generally are happy to help.

Maybe ordering online will be less costly. The most recommended water conditioner is Prime.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:54 AM   #3328
Aquarium Advice Addict

Cleaned it sucked up some fry and then removed them from the bucket and put in a separate tank all but 1 were this small . Tank is just over 2 weeks old and already my long fun danios are making babies .

Majority this small

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3198690442.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	109.3 KB
ID:	175637

1 this big 4-6x the size

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2255331363.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	175638
Old 05-24-2013, 10:13 AM   #3329
Aquarium Advice Addict

did 90% water change before refilled back with water and add Levamiso HCL for treating the stupid internal parasite that I'm experiencing. Fingers crossed on the treatment
Old 05-24-2013, 02:52 PM   #3330

Checked on all my tanks and topped off some ... fed all the starving little boogers

Got free cichlid food on the classifieds if anyone is interest i could prolly clean out more later too my fish seem to be picky

http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...od-263340.html

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com