Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-24-2013, 03:04 PM   #3331
Aquarium Advice Addict

Also removed my giant decoration as It was holding down alot of gunk under it and made it a hassle to clean around !

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-152416111.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	175685

It looked nice and all and provided good hiding it was just a little large for this tank ...

Old 05-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #3332
Aquarium Advice Activist

Found rising levels of ammonia after my wc/rearrangement yesterday. Last night the test was faintly green. This morning - 0.5 ppm. So instead of going to Maine for a long, secluded weekend with my husband, I've been dealing with my tank.

I think I found the source of the problem. I used to have shrimp. I no longer have shrimp. But my filter had the remains of lots of shrimp. So I cleaned my filter (in tank water, I was just trying to get the solids out), cleaned out all my filter tubing, and did a 75% wc + sand vac. Everyone looks happy - we'll see what the tests say in an hour.

On the plus side, I found a baby snail that must have hitched a ride on some plants. I'm 99% that its a mystery snail, which makes me happy - a friend for Fred (my other mystery snail).

Old 05-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #3333
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Stared and stared and stared some more....figuring out what shape my perfect piece of driftwood needs to be. I have several online sources saved for driftwood. But I would like to find my own.....and then stared some more

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 05:47 PM   #3334
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Added 3 new fish to the tank.. a male orange fancy guppy, male black molly, and female orange platy
So now my 20g high is overstocked officially but will later be getting rid of two of my female dalmations.

2 koi platy ( male, female)
1 female orange platy
5 female dalmation mollys
1 male black molly
3 assorted female guppies
2 assorted fancy male guppies

And my cleanup crew 7 ghost shrimp
Old 05-24-2013, 07:11 PM   #3335

Well im waiting on the hubby so i can go shop at (insert big chain store) for there memorial day sale im getting new filters for my betta tanks , looking for different decor for crawfish and betta tanks ...

Purchased 20 painted rcs , 10 nerites, and lots of plants.. waiting on a price quote for some ramshorns now gonna get some purple and leopard... gonna see how much i like them n might add some red

Got rid of some excess food and need to go through the rest and.see what i can ditch gonna use all the sales this weekend to stock up on 4 legged children an water babies foods and maintence products.. ooh looking like the hubby is getting lots of comics and basketball cards maybe he wont notice all the new goodies
Old 05-24-2013, 11:48 PM   #3336
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Had some time this morning before bolting out the door.

Changed the water AGAIN in my Bettas 2.5G bowl, and did it a couple days ago just a quick change, it looked a little cloudy, but after two days didn't get better, so I did another quick change and saw the problem, all the snail poo! I added a handful of Ramshorn snails in there when I was changing the tanks around before and there was sooo much poop . Redid it AGAIN and cleaned the substrate and got out the gunky poos!! Looks beautiful now like it should!!!

Found a dead Cardinal, it was looking a little pale the last couple of days while the rest looked gorgeous like they normally do. Hope it was a one only issue!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:47 AM   #3337
Elephant nose Finatic!

Decided to do a pwc on my bettas tank, looks like i have planaria in there! Nice and clean for another four days or earlier lol
Old 05-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #3338
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Found 4 guppy fry at about 2 am going to do a pwc in a lil while and hopefully more will come out of hiding.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:25 AM   #3339

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post
Decided to do a pwc on my bettas tank, looks like i have planaria in there! Nice and clean for another four days or earlier lol
I hate them....hope i dont get any with these bettas... just cleared up some n my 125g since they didnt like the food ot wasnt eaten and blended n with the sand

Setup my 5g for my betta flash waiting for water to clear some before he gets added...

Looked at gettin some cholla cactus wood to add in my tanks
Old 05-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #3340
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post

I hate them....hope i dont get any with these bettas... just cleared up some n my 125g since they didnt like the food ot wasnt eaten and blended n with the sand

Setup my 5g for my betta flash waiting for water to clear some before he gets added...

Looked at gettin some cholla cactus wood to add in my tanks
I really hate them! Even thinking of changing my substrate and giving the tank a good clean. They're driving me nuts

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com