What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sorry, a bit of the last several days update...

Got a 15G column tank as a transfer of the 5G SW over as an upgrade in size. Added a large (4.5 lb) Live rock to the other live rocks and the new 20 lb live sand. It is cloudy and clearing as I type

SW - Found my Fire Shrimp alive and well (he hides ALOT) as was my Blue leg Hermit Crabs and my Peppermint shrimp I got last night made it also was fine, got all my "million" snails moved, found one dead Nerita probably one which was out of the water too long before I found it and tossed it back in.

Got a Orange Ricordea to go into the tank.

Was tempted with an amazing SW light fixture for 1/3rd off. But even with 1/3rd off it is too much for me at 239.00!

FW
Just finished heat treatment for the Ich in the 72G, tomorrow I will attempt to transition the fish from the low 6 pH crashed tank to a normal 7.2 pH tank. I am worried about them with all they have been through lately!

Moved my 3 female Bettas into the community tank which is presently only holding plants but will have a bunch of other fish during the 72G clean out tomorrow. Will split up the fish into the 16G and 35G.

Getting rid of a little 2.5G bowfront tank, as I upgraded and will be using the 5G chi as a Betta tank again.

Moving some fish around and going to eventually be done with 3 of the tanks and moving the 72G tank from the corner to the center of the wall.

Going to make some changes to get the fish tanks looking more decorative in the rooms and less like a mad scientists experiment. Moving the extra plant bucket outside for the summer.

Going to replant some of the plants in the 72G tomorrow and retie some moss on the DW.

Wow autumn, you are so busy!

Right now, I'm just going steady. Not changing anything, just the necessities of feeding and stuff. My little fry is getting so big he is starting to have a Mickey Mouse on his tail! He used to run away when I walked up to the tank but now he doesn't. He still hides when other people come around, nature over nurture still.

Laid my Blue Mystery Snail, Moonbeam, to rest today. I only had her 7 months, but I don't know how old she really was. She was nearly golf ball size and had added 3/4 inch to her shell in my care. She had stopped moving the past few days and confirmed dead today.

Rip Moonbeam :(

Water change today. Released a golden tetra that has been residing in a floating breeder tank for a few weeks into the open tank. Was weak and emaciated and it's eyes had clouded over. Fattened it up a bit and the eyes got clearer.
Was supposed to remove a few crypt wendtii red from the back of my tank to make room for a new center piece plant (TBD). Was content just watching the plants pearl bubbles.

Laid my Blue Mystery Snail, Moonbeam, to rest today. I only had her 7 months, but I don't know how old she really was. She was nearly golf ball size and had added 3/4 inch to her shell in my care. She had stopped moving the past few days and confirmed dead today.

Sorry you lost Moonbeam, that is a very large size, I am glad you were able to give her a good home for at least that long.

Well didn't get to do the clean out of the 72G today, other stuff came up. dosing another pH increaser.

Water is clearing up in the SW. My Ricordea is open and seems happy.

Bought a Widelov Java Fern bunch on sale and returned incorrect light bulbs.

50% water change, remembered to put a mark on the side on the tank so I can siphon out the window next time and finally end the bucket brigade.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Rip Moonbeam :(

Water change today. Released a golden tetra that has been residing in a floating breeder tank for a few weeks into the open tank. Was weak and emaciated and it's eyes had clouded over. Fattened it up a bit and the eyes got clearer.
Was supposed to remove a few crypt wendtii red from the back of my tank to make room for a new center piece plant (TBD). Was content just watching the plants pearl bubbles.

Thanks for your kind word re Moonbeam. I'm glad your golden tetra is doing better?

Thanks for your kind word re Moonbeam. I'm glad your golden tetra is doing better?

Not sure. After the WC was feisty and mixing it up with one of the other tetras (that side by side shimmy type of "dance"). Ate some at feeding time. Then later was holding a stationary position at the side of the tank as opposed to swimming along the tank with the other fish. The tetras are either 5 or 7 years old (forgot) so I figure that is a nice lifespan for them.
Later on, went to visit the tank just to check out things. Settled down in the chair and then "click!"...timer turned out lights.

I hope the tetra recovers, fresh2o, but you are right, that is a long life for a small tetra.

As to the light timer, yes, many times I've been watching happily when lights out arrives!

Did a 50% change on the AP system because I think I may have had hormone build up that needed to be diluted. Plants address growing great, I have my first proper growing with several other buds that are growing into peppers currently. I'm sure the goldies appreciate the cold water too they've been swimming into the pump outlet the whole time I've been filling. Yesterday did a 50% change on the 55.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402352396776.jpg
    1402352396776.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1402352416356.jpg
    1402352416356.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 142
Fed the fish, took Squirt out of the breeder box and removed the fry. We now have 5 guppy fry! It's hard to believe that less than a year ago we found Squirt in the tank and were able to catch her. My male passed away about a week ago so these fry are the new generation :)

60 % clean on my giant African shrimp tank got up this morning and noticed one of my female shrimp was dead :( she seemed to be having difficulties with molting. Everyone else is fine.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Just got a maxi jet pro and put it in my 36g mbuna/peacock tank. It is waay too strong, but I diffused it in the rock work. I may return it though am get a smaller version. Overall it is pretty good. I think I'll use it for water changes too.

Ordered some plants and cholla wood from Planted Aquariums Central. Got my order in before 6/11 (the company is taking a short break for a few days).
Order 3 cholla wood, some Pogostemon erectus, Pogostemon helferi, and Rotala wallichii. I need a new center piece plant. So I got two. The Downoi is to complement the AR mini in the front. Will post pics when they get planted.

New tank SW pics

Here is the tank and you can follow along with me if you'd like here at the SW nano thread
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...rt-2-nano-column-tank-311680.html#post2967445

More pics on the thread.
60074-albums13960-picture66839.jpg

Took pics and posted them to my "Something Saltwater" album.

Checked everybody in all the tanks and fed a little.

Back
Top Bottom