Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-25-2013, 11:56 AM   #3341

I understand i added extra cleanimgs cut back my feeding to 3 a week 1 pellet r bloodworm for the betta.. and still got them even after breaking it down and starting from scratch after a lot of cleaning a 3 bags of gravel.... its a headache in a half ... good luck

Old 05-25-2013, 12:51 PM   #3342
Aquarium Advice Activist

Rearranged my rocks in my tank again. I do this at least every other day I swear, I just can't leave them alone. But I really like how it turned out this time, so maybe that means I will be able to leave them alone for more than two days. the fish seem to like the addition of the upper caves, too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2806971117.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	175856   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1257986904.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	162.9 KB
ID:	175857  

Old 05-25-2013, 01:03 PM   #3343
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post
Rearranged my rocks in my tank again. I do this at least every other day I swear, I just can't leave them alone. But I really like how it turned out this time, so maybe that means I will be able to leave them alone for more than two days. the fish seem to like the addition of the upper caves, too.
Really nice
Old 05-25-2013, 06:51 PM   #3344
Aquarium Advice Activist

Cleaned all my tanks as I do every Saturday and did a whole lot more research about the bio load I'm planning on adding to my new (soon) 40 gallon community I'm really excited lol
Old 05-25-2013, 09:00 PM   #3345
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Did my pwc and cleaning on my main tankand completely cleaned out the QT tank.

Filter floss needed to be replaced on my QT box filter but I couldn't find where I put the floss!! So I improvised lol

I cut a AC50 sponge in half and stuffed in the filter. Worked like a charm!

Name:	image-2898270172.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	175973

Also my Pennywort needed to be anchored a bit. I leave it free floating so I used the suction cup from some small spare heaters I have. Just threaded it through and voíla!!

Name:	image-2976588914.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	175974

Name:	image-2554442633.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	175975
Old 05-26-2013, 01:37 AM   #3346
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

After using Prime a few times, I have finally figured out what is smells like...giving my dog a bath! Wet dogs do not always a good smell.

Did a PWC in my 20 g long planted tank. Added ten MTS the day before and they are going to town on the algae.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:23 AM   #3347

Seems like nothing but problems keep popping up .. i had another filter totally stop working although it was soo my fault just hate it was a new filter barely a month old :/ i bought a small thing of i think super naturals sand since i only needed one bag for the 5g betta tank that still isnt ready .. considering doing a thin layer of a natural looking gravel thats smooth

The more i research this low tech plant adventure the more i worry its a waste of my time and money but i am excited to try.. my goal is for a heavily planted 5g and 10g once i get it down and know i can do it then im gonna invest alittle more money and plant the 20g and 55g leaving only my african cichlids unplanted .. i just love all of yalls planted tanks they look so great and natural

I will be going to town tomorrow to grab stuff i may need / need to change for plants or shrimp .. anything that come to mind please shoot me a pm and let me know all the research can get confusing after so many different opinions and technics

Gotta get a filter and heater tomorrow for the betta tank totally spaced n left it out of my shopping cart the other day
Old 05-26-2013, 03:52 AM   #3348
Aquarium Advice Addict

water change on all four tanks, root tabs in 20 gallon, new filters in 10 and 20 gal, girlfriend got a baby betta from petco and we started a collage with all of our fish magazines. celebrating our 5 year anniversary tomorrow!! everyones asking when were getting married, im only 20!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	image-3659748425.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	115.3 KB
ID:	176045   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3089079755.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	176046  

Old 05-26-2013, 04:03 AM   #3349
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Seems like nothing but problems keep popping up .. i had another filter totally stop working although it was soo my fault just hate it was a new filter barely a month old :/ i bought a small thing of i think super naturals sand since i only needed one bag for the 5g betta tank that still isnt ready .. considering doing a thin layer of a natural looking gravel thats smooth

The more i research this low tech plant adventure the more i worry its a waste of my time and money but i am excited to try.. my goal is for a heavily planted 5g and 10g once i get it down and know i can do it then im gonna invest alittle more money and plant the 20g and 55g leaving only my african cichlids unplanted .. i just love all of yalls planted tanks they look so great and natural

I will be going to town tomorrow to grab stuff i may need / need to change for plants or shrimp .. anything that come to mind please shoot me a pm and let me know all the research can get confusing after so many different opinions and technics

Gotta get a filter and heater tomorrow for the betta tank totally spaced n left it out of my shopping cart the other day
For shrimp tank, you need cover /pre filter for the intake tubing so the babies don't get sucked up

Here is my low light /low tech tank after it was cleaned out of the masses of extra plants, Java moss and Salvinia Minima. I am working on deals right now for a big variety of new plants to go in it, all low-ish light. I think it is pretty good.

Not perfect by far. And the resin root stump has been my Red tail shark's place to hang out, but I moved the DW and now she is hanging there and I think the root thing is gonna get to go, it's kinda out of place!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 04:10 AM   #3350
Aquarium Advice Addict

Added dwarf gourami to my 20 gallon and realized he may have ich and I had nowhere else to put him :/ and I had to go to my sisters to watch her dog hoping he is alive . And I added a snail to fry tank.

Gourami also kept laying on bottom in 1 spot he moved before I left but everytime he saw me move he hid.

Name:	image-1762964197.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	176048

Name:	image-2398216838.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	46.2 KB
ID:	176050

Possible ich or healing wound

Name:	image-3947331495.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	35.4 KB
ID:	176049

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com