What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here is the tank and you can follow along with me if you'd like here at the SW nano thread
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...rt-2-nano-column-tank-311680.html#post2967445

More pics on the thread.
60074-albums13960-picture66839.jpg

Took pics and posted them to my "Something Saltwater" album.

Checked everybody in all the tanks and fed a little.

Looking really good! :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank and added more plants. 1402494577398.jpg1402494611957.jpg1402494644946.jpg
He loves cleaning out day!

Fed the fish, checked on the fry. One keeps sitting on the bottom, I hope he is ok.

Found another dead shrimp today water parameters are all perfect. Not sure what's going on :(

Wow Shelly , your planted aquarium looks really nice...Ideal for the elephant nose. Are the shrimps also in the same tank.must admit cleaning the tank is a tiring job .I have made my my 75 g operational yesterday. Planning a similar look n feel.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402566546.511547.jpg

Wow Shelly , your planted aquarium looks really nice...Ideal for the elephant nose. Are the shrimps also in the same tank.must admit cleaning the tank is a tiring job .I have made my my 75 g operational yesterday. Planning a similar look n feel.View attachment 240151

Thank you! The shrimps that I'm losing are in their own tank haven't a clue what is going on. Yep i know about the cleaning! Constantly carrying buckets!
Your tank is beautiful :) makes mine look boring lol

Haha...But your elephant nose is a star.I am Yet to get one! Did you made some major change to your shrimp tank recently! Over eating might also be a reason for shrimps death .

Haha...But your elephant nose is a star.I am Yet to get one! Did you made some major change to your shrimp tank recently! Over eating might also be a reason for shrimps death .

Ahh thanks, he's my pride and joy! I've just re tested my water and everything seems normal so I'm stumped. Thinking of moving some in with my elephant nose and hope he doesn't have them for lunch!

I was feeding the fish, had one slip of the grip and ended up with this. Guess who got to vacuum twice today?

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Attachments

• 1402599880662.jpg
    1402599880662.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 67
I bought this 30 gal. tank for $100 off of a friend of mine. Her house was going to be re-wired and would have been without power for 3 weeks. So she sold it to me. It came with 2 HOB filters, stock lights, multiple driftwoods, a shabillion fish, and a few lava rocks.
I don't have the list of fish she had with the tank. But as far as I can see, I have pearl danios, 12 kulii loaches, 2 dojo loaches, 2 plecos, a neon tetra, 2 cardinal tetras, 5 bronze corys, a 4"+ yoyo loach, 5 rummynose tetras, and 1 serpae tetra. Since I have 8 other tanks, I will be distributing them to the other tanks. So much fishies!!!!

Attachments

• 1402601553415.jpg
    1402601553415.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 67
Just received an emailed from person about a 110g aquarium and stand, and it's mine once I get back to Ohio:) Good bye 55g hello beautiful monster! --I guess that isn't really with my tank that I have though.... Oh well!

Went to far away lfs, got a little sampling of stuff.
FW Asst Vals 3.99

the rest SW
Chaeto sandwhich bag $5.00
Dead Coral stone 4" branch piece with about 7 little Zoas 2.99
Stone with 1 blueish Mushroom 2.99 Looked Bluish in their tank, looks kinda Periwinkle pinkish color in my tank

Yellow and green Montipora 2.99 1.25" cube
Blue Violet pink raspberry color Montipora 7.99 1.25" cube

60074-albums13960-picture66868.jpg

60074-albums13960-picture66867.jpg

And used a $5.00 off coupon!

There were a few nice looking little Palys, but I stopped there.

Did pwc on SW tank and got everything in there. The Peppermint shrimp sure loved exploring and picking the Chaeto.

Plopped the Vals into the 5G Chi for now, yesterday I got a clearance bag of tissue cultured Crypts cleaned up and dropped in there too as well as my sale Windelov Java fern. This gives some thing in the tank as it was just Garnet sand and some tough North American native Florida Snails, like MTS, which I salvaged out of the bucket of sand from a couple weeks ago when I cleared out a tank.

Giving away the Betta that was supposed to be a female and the 5G Marineland tank to a friend of my daughter's. Don't know when she will be able to get it though as she lives kinda far away.

Tomorrow may be able to get the 72G trouble tank cleaned out to start fresh.

Last edited:
Wow you guys had busy days with your fishies today, I didn't do anything but pay attention to mine because dad fed them.

From my 20g Planted Tank Rescape thread...
Got some new plants today:
bXv3nPY.jpg

Pogostemon helferi (Downoi)
Pogostemon erectus
Rotala wallichii

Planted the Downoi along the left side, wallichii at the center left, and P. erectus at the center right:
3syGPK4.jpg

Did some trimming and rearranging to make room for the new plants. Never kept these before so my fingers are crossed.

Keeping an eye on everyone in my 55 after a major rescape! Old: ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402710917.765000.jpg (no full tank shots on my phone :( ) New:ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402710958.487430.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402710975.856749.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402710993.281787.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402711011.444715.jpg
Also researched some new lighting options. Cursed my lousy melting crypt, lol!
Also checking for sales on Cory's for cleanup!

Back
Top Bottom