What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That IS a lot!!! looks good. What is your lighting?

I have a current USA satellite LED+ over it. I should get around 40 PAR on the substrate level.

Yes, it is quite a lot! It must have been painstaking to plant every little bunch of plants the way you did, it looks great!

It took about half an hour - the benefit of doing dry start method though is that you don't necessarily have to get them totally secure in the substrate. It would have been way worse had I tried to plant them with water in the tank.

It took about half an hour - the benefit of doing dry start method though is that you don't necessarily have to get them totally secure in the substrate. It would have been way worse had I tried to plant them with water in the tank.

Yeah I've never done the dry start method before. I hope it works out well for you!

Just fed the fish today. Wondering when I can add the fry into the parents' tank because she is getting big!

Big day. Did monthly canister filter cleaning. Mixed up yeast for another week of CO2. Weekly PWC. Cleaned algae off of rocks for the first time ever. It just didn't look nice any more. Used H2O2. It was a very fizzy experience. Now I'm just watching the fish. The lights are off but the room is bright so the viewing is still good.

Big day. Did monthly canister filter cleaning. Mixed up yeast for another week of CO2. Weekly PWC. Cleaned algae off of rocks for the first time ever. It just didn't look nice any more. Used H2O2. It was a very fizzy experience. Now I'm just watching the fish. The lights are off but the room is bright so the viewing is still good.

Wow! That's a busy day. Yeah algae can look pretty for a while until it gets out of control. My tank is getting to that point, I'll have to clean it out soon as well.

Wow! That's a busy day. Yeah algae can look pretty for a while until it gets out of control. My tank is getting to that point, I'll have to clean it out soon as well.

Lol, there'll always be more algae. At least cleaning it is a labor of love and rewarding when the job is done!

Lol, there'll always be more algae. At least cleaning it is a labor of love and rewarding when the job is done!

H2O2 will make things fizz and raise the O2 levels so much so that the plants will pearling like crazy. I use it spot treat BBA.
Last night I replanted a bunch of Pogostemon erectus that were uprooted. I did not notice the baseball size gap along the back wall of plants. The pogo er were attached to the same stem which had started to rot. I separated the stems and planted them individually. I found a small blob of what looks like pond snail eggs on one of the stems. I removed it. There are probably more in there. That's fine.

After a 6month hiatus because of medical and job related junk, I'm back. I upgraded my 36 to a 65 gallon discus tank, and bought a 120 gallon for my loaches and angels. Just have to let the plants fill in, and buy some more fish and plants to play with. Work in progress pics:
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403374879.713015.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403374921.960397.jpg

After a 6month hiatus because of medical and job related junk, I'm back. I upgraded my 36 to a 65 gallon discus tank, and bought a 120 gallon for my loaches and angels. Just have to let the plants fill in, and buy some more fish and plants to play with. Work in progress pics:
View attachment 241001
View attachment 241002

Very nice! And welcome back :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

View attachment 241001
View attachment 241002

Wow looks great! Congrats on the upgrades, new tanks can be fun :)

On another note, just found a great LPS today! The staff is average, but they do admit it, which is, I think, the best trait that a LFS employee can have besides actually knowing what to stock in what size tank ;) I looked at the tanks three times to take it all in and saw 3 fry in the guppy tank which I got for a dollar each. Now I have 8 fry that are all about the same size! The LFS also has tanks (I have my eye on a 55er) and plants too! I saw a label for a shell dweller but sadly there weren't any in the tank...hopefully they're popular and I can get some next time ;) And to think this morning I didn't think that today would be a big fish day...oh how wrong I was :)

So far today I have fed the fish, made sure that no bullying is going on between the older fry and the day-olds, organized the fish cabinet (it was such a mess), fed some seaweed (which they absolutely LOVE) and now I'm mixing some more fish food since I was running low. Mom is starting to get pulled in, as an obsessed fish keeper I am glad to pull people in :p

I fragged my fire and ice zoas for a friend and done a water change :)

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Did a 50 % wc fed them and watched
img_2975578_0_012b8359293a6750e6ba2f73dd10a981.jpg

Cut a few strips of PVC to serve as a deterrent for a curious canine. The cabinet doors for my stand slide left and right. The strips basically prevent the doors from sliding. One for each door track.
ypZuwAq.jpg

Please excuse the crude Madden-esque arrows. While I was out this afternoon, the dog caught a whiff of some smelly but good fish flakes/powder, pushed the door aside and went to town. He only got to one ziplock bag of fish food.
I might spray paint them black or dark brown so they don't look so obvious.

Cut a few strips of PVC to serve as a deterrent for a curious canine. The cabinet doors for my stand slide left and right. The strips basically prevent the doors from sliding. One for each door track.
ypZuwAq.jpg

Please excuse the crude Madden-esque arrows. While I was out this afternoon, the dog caught a whiff of some smelly but good fish flakes/powder, pushed the door aside and went to town. He only got to one ziplock bag of fish food.
I might spray paint them black or dark brown so they don't look so obvious.

Yeah pets can be annoying when they go and eat the fish food.

Looks nice Ndefil! Is that blue and orange fish a gourami or a discus? I can't tell for sure but looks like a gourami.

Cleaning out some stuff and found a bunch of rocks and also a filter and a UV Sterilizer which don't know if the last two work yet or not.

A couple days ago, I took off the sock covering my SW intake on the 15G, this caused my flow to really UP and blast through which I found was too much for my little frags and the two Montiporas ended up upside down which I didn't notice because of a very busy work schedule. When I got them off the sand bed at the end of the next day, they were upside down and very damaged, the yellow green nearly gone and the reddish pink was a little bit left and is possibly going to recover some more and grow. Can't tell for sure yet. I moved them down a little lower to avoid the turbulent water.

Also the Ricordea was flipped over and was saved in time and moved a little bit so it would be more secure.

It has been really busy and I haven't had enough time to take care of everything like I want to. Going to be getting rid of a couple more tanks to reduce the load for now.

:nono: :hide: :oops: :banghead: :facepalm: that kinda sums it up for me right now.

aww that's too bad Autumnsky

Yesterday I found two fry in my dad's tank and he said that they were there since Friday! He insists they stay in the main tank to see if they won't get eaten :eek: I'm worried about them but the parents are actually chasing the other platy away, he has been exiled to the corner lol. I hope these two little fry survive!

Today I switched from my two temp internal filters to my new external :D Had to hack some more holes in the hood for the plumbing though...

I also tidied up some of my plants, wiped off some of the brown algae that's accumulated on the glass lately, and fed flake and courgette.

Back
Top Bottom