Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-30-2013, 04:51 PM   #3401
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

cleaned all the glass on all 5 tanks
I never knew my clarkies eyes were so big , than I looked at my yellow banded maroon clowns and there eyes were like 1/2 the size , how I never notice that before
just a odd observation I guess

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:01 PM   #3402
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post

the main reason I mentioned that was I did that placed tank where I liked it filled it than found out I didn't leave room behind for equipment , just to find out its not moving full didn't want you making the mistake I did

going to look great once some rock goes in , can't wait to see it
I ALMOST did it with my 110 gallon. I was so excited to get it filled up and running I never even thought of pulling it out for the filters. Thank goodness I realized before it got too heavy to move, I would've been so mad. Lol
Thank you, I found some neat looking black rocks with red streaks in them online that I might get for it, and add some red and grey sandstone that I get locally to them- should make the colors in the rocks and the fish pop nicely. Picking rocks and plants is probably my favorite part of setting up the new tanks!

Old 05-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #3403
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Doing a water change on the 56 gallon now (sucked up all the detritus and now I'm sitting back while the water changer does the filling for me) and I guess I annoyed my bettas. Most of the girls were nipping at me the whole time my hands were in the tank! Especially my little blue crowntail. She wouldn't let up! Gonna call her Killer now. Maybe spawning brought out some protective instinct in her - she's the momma of my betta fry.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:27 PM   #3404
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Getting out of work then cleaning all of my tanks before I go on vacation tomorrow!

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #3405
Aquarium Advice Addict

Been trying to get my tank to clear out after a mishap with sand. All the fish survived yhough.

10g saltwater
cgthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:42 PM   #3406
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Nothing beats cleaning tanks on a off day
Old 05-30-2013, 08:15 PM   #3407
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cichlid ism
Nothing beats cleaning tanks on a off day
Yup. I've done two and have three more to go. Taking my time between tanks so I don't get too worn out to finish them all!
Old 05-30-2013, 09:26 PM   #3408
Aquarium Advice Addict

18 little peacock babies.
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130530_202617.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	61.4 KB
ID:	177141

Sometimes learning from the mistakes of others is all the education and experience you need.
bigbanker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #3409
Aquarium Advice Regular

Reorganized my rocks a little, removed what I think was a small sundial snail, and used the new reef test kit to do a total tank test.
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 AM   #3410
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 54seaweed View Post

JMAY,

That is looking good , I always wanted a planted tank but just never had good luck , Everything would just die in like a week ,so I just gave up ,now
I have 2 SW Reef tanks both doing great I just don't understand why my not so green thumb has no problems keeping corals alive but can't keep a simple FW plant alive , It would be nice to see my 2 FW tanks look as nice as my 2 SW tanks
whats your pointers on keeping your plants alive
Thank you!! I have an extremely low tech setup. About as low tech as you can get! I have 2 twist in fluorescent light bulbs (bought them at petsmart and the packaging said that they would support plant growth,) I have floramax plant substrate capped with the gravel. I also added root tabs since they all have roots. I dose with Seachem's Flourish liquid fertilizer once a week (IMO, its best to alternate ferts. I learned that here) and I dose with API CO2 booster daily. I prefer using excel, but I bought what was available since it was necessary. Lol.
Love your reefs! My reef has a long way to go!! I'm upgrading to 100 gallons soon. I have a thread if you want to follow. I also have a thread for my current 55 gallon reef.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scales View Post
Jmay, Seaweed, I really like your natural colored gravel. Looks like the color of a real stream bed. Very nice looking tanks..
Thank you! I'm going for very natural with this one. I keep finding myself wishing minnows were not cold water fish. Then they could live with my Cory cats. Lol. I have zebra danios. I have a piece of drift wood that I already bought to replace the decoration, but it still needs to be soaked and boiled. Then I'm adding either java fern or java moss to grow on the drift wood. Which do y'all think?

I'm wanting a carpet to fill in. Will having Cory cats be a problem?

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com