Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-31-2013, 09:33 AM   #3411
Aquarium Advice Activist

Woke up this morning, turned my lights on, and going one of my electric blue ahli's dead. No sign of sickness, no sign of a scuffle, just dead in my plant. I'm really bummed, but relieved it wasn't my frontosa or my five bar. I'll be doing another water change today in that tank now. All of my parameters are where they usually are, too, so I am stumped over the death. In the past month I have lost both of my clown loaches and now the electric blue. Really hope I don't keep going with this trend! >=(

Old 05-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #3412
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

jmay;
I have 6 julie corys. They root around my bottom plants but seem to do so pretty gently. The only plants of mine they have uprooedt are ones that I didn't get planted in the gravel well enough. The benefit is that they will stir up the stuff that gets in your carpet so that it gets in the water again for the filters to pick up. I LOVE my corys! OS.

Old 05-31-2013, 11:29 AM   #3413
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scales View Post
jmay;
I have 6 julie corys. They root around my bottom plants but seem to do so pretty gently. The only plants of mine they have uprooedt are ones that I didn't get planted in the gravel well enough. The benefit is that they will stir up the stuff that gets in your carpet so that it gets in the water again for the filters to pick up. I LOVE my corys! OS.
Great! Thanks! I was worried. I think if someone made me choose, cories might be my favorite freshwater fish. I have 4 albino cories right now. I'm wanting to maybe move up to a larger tank sometime so I can have a few more. I want peppered, bronze, and juliis. They always have so much personality!

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:12 PM   #3414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scales View Post
jmay;
And i have oddballs my cories have ate my plants down to the skeleton and ate the stems too the only thing that survived was moss.. gonna give it another go though ...
Old 06-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #3415

Got my shrimp, snails and a single plant (was supposed to be a small bunch of 3 certain plants n lots extra so alittle ticked) exchanged my heater everything is pretty much on the up and up .. did pwc on all tanks except the 55g removed moss and added to the shrimp tank on it .

Edit: i had 20 shrimp ... apparently whn i was gone my husband decided to remove the betta from the breeder net and he has a nice round full belly of oh atleast 15 shrimp and left 3 dead.. #so annoyed
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130601_201112.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	177523  
Old 06-01-2013, 10:33 PM   #3416
Aquarium Advice Addict

I found a large amount of eggs laid by my convict pair.

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #3417
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Got my shrimp, snails and a single plant (was supposed to be a small bunch of 3 certain plants n lots extra so alittle ticked) exchanged my heater everything is pretty much on the up and up .. did pwc on all tanks except the 55g removed moss and added to the shrimp tank on it .

Edit: i had 20 shrimp ... apparently whn i was gone my husband decided to remove the betta from the breeder net and he has a nice round full belly of oh at least 15 shrimp and left 3 dead.. #so annoyed
Oh NO! I am so sorry! That is an awful thing to have happen.

I finished sorting and packed a few orders, didn't have the time for all of them before the mail. Found my Kordon bags from being misplaced after moving.

Started to make some more decisions for which fish need to be rehomed, or changed in to different tanks.

I just want to say, there are so many kind and very nice people here on AA.

Thanks to all of you who help and encourage and problem solve for so many.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 01:05 AM   #3418
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Divided up the snails I got from clearancepuppy between most of my tanks, and now I have frozen food defrosting for everyone. A crab leg for the puffers, cucumber for the plebe, and brine shrimp and bloodworms for everyone else. I set up a brine shrimp hatchery today, too. My betta fry will be getting nice fresh baby brine shrimp soon!
Old 06-02-2013, 03:52 PM   #3419
Aquarium Advice Activist

Going to look at a 150+ tank it was a reptile tank I need to make sure it is a aquarium and not just a terrarium the guy is selling it for 120.00 . What kind of glass thickness should I be looking for?
Old 06-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #3420
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I did a 50% pwc in my daughters 20 gallon. Then a 30% pwc in my 70 gallon, trimmed the plants cleaned the filter, and did some aquascaping. I also set a snail trap to try and control the mts and pond snails. (I removed about 30-40 by hand during the clean)

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Emails | - »