Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #3421
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

I removed a dead harlequin rasbora today It had ich, so I started treatment on my 15g column, took out the carbonated filter and put in one w/out carbon... I was hoping to save the fish and the bacteria in the carbonated filter, but it took a few days, so no more bacteria I have a penguin 150 so I still have the bio wheel and some ceramic media I added, but now my tank is in a mini-cycle I have to talk my family into a larger tank... My other fish seem to be doing okay so far (2 abino cories, 4 harlequin rasboras and a crowntail betta).

Old 06-02-2013, 11:00 PM   #3422
Aquarium Advice Addict

Played detective with my 46g. I wasn't liking the behavior of my 2 CAE's, they weren't hiding or running as usual. My 1st clue something was wrong was big boy laying on the plants near the top, highly unusual. Upon closer inspection he had very rapid gill movement, much more rapid than normal. I immediately tested the water 0 ammonia/nitrites, barely registering nitrates (lots of plants), hmmmm. Oh, could it be the meds I added a few days ago for my female Bettas? Of course it could. So I did an 80% water change a little bit ago & they are now both acting more themselves!! YAY, I love my CAE's. I think its time for their cucumber dinner.

Oh I also did my weekly water changes on 3 10g, a 5.5g, a 5g, a QT 2.5g housing a female Betta & set up another small QT tank to which I moved a VERY VERY bloated female Betta into. Phew, that's a lot . . . well it looks like a lot, I know its not as much as some fish keepers. Now get those CAE's their cucumber.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:25 PM   #3423
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm back from Alaska and everything seems to be in order and ALIVE! Frazzled but alive. Did a 50% pwc on both tanks and will do another tomorrow.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:31 PM   #3424
Aquarium Advice Regular

On leave for a week so had my 3yo daughter "help" with a pwc.

Cleaned my internal filter and slowed the flow rate which seems to have satisfied the Angelfish. Bit worried that I don't have enough flow now because I don't really have good water agitation like I did before

Want to go and get some more plants but so pricey
Old 06-03-2013, 12:37 AM   #3425
Aquarium Advice FINatic

was just doing a water change on my 29 gallon, which has 4 convicts in it. I see over in the corner there's alot of movement, i thought they stirred up some fish poop or something. Nope. My convicts have spawned, I got convict fry!!!!! this was a huge surprise!!! this explains why two of them had been hiding under the power filter. and now that i'm paying attention, mom is not having anybody in that corner

how in the world did i miss this?

Old 06-03-2013, 12:55 AM   #3426
Aquarium Advice Addict

I have some convict eggs that I missed so don't feel bad

Rule number two: Always cycle your tank.
bettaowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:10 AM   #3427
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water changes... Water changes... Cleaned all filters, replaced purigen and chemi pure elite.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:32 AM   #3428
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Fed my betta fry freshly hatched brine shrimp and they went nuts! They loved it! So I started another hatch for them. Going to alternate the brine and the microworms til they are ready for crushed pellets.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:33 AM   #3429
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sucked more fry out with airline hosing
Old 06-03-2013, 05:24 PM   #3430
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Hi actually done this yesterday! I dismantled my shrimp tank and set up a larger one in its placea bigger shrimp rearing tankI have gone from a 23 litre to a 44 litre wow so much bigger I took out over two hundred shrimps and got 35 for them so put this towards there next tank and I found nearly two hundred still hiding in there old tankSo new tank already overstockedOh well have to get an even bigger tank

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com