What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Replaced the bulb in the 10, but it's still not working. I hope it's just a defective bulb.

Studied up on some fish and plants. Never found the body of the Betta. I am so sad. But I recently saw a local hobbyist who is breeding blue and yellow Dragonscale Halfmoon Bettas. So I will be inquiring about the success of the breeding outcome.

Autumn it sucks to not find a body. I've lost 3 zebra danios before, just *poof* they're gone. Two different tanks, three different situations. And all the tanks had lids. I think they just got eaten :eek:

Talked to my mom about her bringing my other betta here so the two bettas I have (currently 8 hours apart from each other) can have company. Fed the betta. Feeling like I'm missing a part of me because I'm away from my fish. Maybe I can clean my cousin's goldfish tank?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Autumn it sucks to not find a body. I've lost 3 zebra danios before, just *poof* they're gone. Two different tanks, three different situations. And all the tanks had lids. I think they just got eaten :eek:

Talked to my mom about her bringing my other betta here so the two bettas I have (currently 8 hours apart from each other) can have company. Fed the betta. Feeling like I'm missing a part of me because I'm away from my fish. Maybe I can clean my cousin's goldfish tank?

Thanks. It probably was. Sad, but I just wish if one was a jumper it wasn't THAT one.

Still not in the tank.

Picking up about 20 Blue Velvet Shrimp tomorrow and any which happened to be left in their filter, after shutting down their tank, to add to my bunch. And some Giant Vals. I wish I was also getting the Tangerine Tigers, but maybe next week or the week after.

Also looking for some special other shrimp, which some local breeders were offering, and some online which I was drooling over. Ah... too bad to have a skinny budget.

Went to lfs and bought 10 baby Galaxy Rasboras aka Celestial Pearl Danios,
12 Cardinals and both groups are in different QT tanks.

Moved the 3 Betta Girls out of their hang out place to get the Cardinals in QT. Maybe a new home for them, will know pretty soon.

Last day of the sale, so got quantity discount AND 25% off. Yipee!

Bought/traded for about 20 sub adults to (at least 3 berried) adults and 20 + little baby Blue Velvet Shrimp from local hobbyist. That more than doubles the colony now. :D

Got a handful of plants I can't recall atm, and a few gorgeous long, maybe 14" and 20" of Needle Leaf Ludwigia.

The hand full of plants have a bunch of baby Spixi snails, a lot of them. So they are staying in their own container tub for awhile.

And a very pretty spare male Red Tail Guppy which was gonna end up in their feeder tank.

All appear to be getting along in their new home/acclimating well.

Before getting them into their new tanks did pwc on 5G Chi, 35G, 16G, 12G & 6.6G Edge tanks. Filled my outdoor snail and plant bucket (it needs a cleaning too).

Added RODI water to the SW. Also bought 5 more gallons just to have extra on hand for 25 cents per gallon.

Some Buffer Neutral which I will be studying more about from the local Hobbyist.

My new plan for getting the Kh stable in the 72G is a few bags of crushed coral and another 1/2 to whole Cuttlebone powdered and mixed into the
tank, then as it starts to rise, start deleting bags of crushed coral until it is where I like it.

Within a month 3 of my tanks will be deleted from my care. Happy/Sad.:ermm:

I have Angel fish cleaning again but no telling who is the match up for sure yet again.. I have been too busy to spend too much time watching them:(

Caught a Albino BN half grown "baby" from my 6.6G Edge tank and moved it to the 16G with the other BN Pleco for some company so now 4 fish including the Dragonscale Betta and the remaining Diamond Tetra. Trying to decide whether to get 6-7 more or choose something else. But it is very pretty and I like it more than I thought I would.

Busy, wonderful day in fish land!

Almost made my new DIY co2 bottle explode. I didn't put the check valve the right way...

Wow autumn you did a lot!

Yikes, don't want that to happen, ayi!

Just fed my lonely betta, I've tried to make his living quarters the best I can. I'm gonna do another 50% PWC today because there isn't any filter and it's a very small bowl. I'm trying to make arrangements to get my other betta up here to give him company while I'm gone all day.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advic

HUGE cleaning and redecoration. Pls don't hate on gar, don't tell me how to keep him.ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404914471.787758.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404914490.736542.jpg

Almost made my new DIY co2 bottle explode. I didn't put the check valve the right way...

Yikes, that sounds a little more than just scary....:eek:

Yes KittyKat. I was movin full steam ahead!

Took the Betta that was supposed to be a female but must be a male and dropped it into the tub with the 3 girls just to see if I was mistaken. But it seems the he which was purchased as a she, really is a he. lol Flaring immediately. So I plopped him back into his bowl.

Moved the 3 girls into the 5G and added the very pretty red guppy in with them. Did 1/3rd pwc on that tank before dropping them in.

Left the tub of plants, the one handful I couldn't remember the name of is Sunset Hygro. The long Valls about 2' and a chunk of Java Fern is with the baby Spixi snails also and a bunch Nerite eggs, I might check into putting into my SW Macroalgae vase to see if they might be viable.

Expecting extended family and have work so gotta go and get busy! Busier...that is!

GRRR just finished water changes went to restart sump pump to find it seized up
guess its time to buy a real pump and stop going cheap
just rigged up a old power head till I can get to the store this eve

Got these guys! Not sure which ones to keep. I do want the zebra though!

Attachments

• 1404950532593.jpg
    1404950532593.jpg
    260.9 KB · Views: 57
If I want to start a salt water tank what would I need. I have a 55 gallon tank & a 406 fluval. Want half real coral. Like clown fish & star fish. Little fish.

Lozo_fish

If I want to start a salt water tank what would I need. I have a 55 gallon tank & a 406 fluval. Want half real coral. Like clown fish & star fish. Little fish.

Lozo_fish

I was going to say to post it in the SW>Getting Started section but I see that you already have. Good luck with this.

Got 3 Chiwindi in the nursery, cleaned and water changes in all 4, got a Paradise Gourami with a bacterial infection. My Crown-tail Betta is making a nest.

Fed my crown tail, watched him a bunch and he seems happy. He looks like he made a small bubble nest, that's definitely a good sign!

Back
Top Bottom