Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-07-2013, 09:24 PM   #3461
Aquarium Advice Activist

That will be 700 gal/hour or enough filtration for a 200 gal tank..... Ok, i didn't think that there was a limit to filtration, but i wanted to ask to make sure

Old 06-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #3462
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteostler43614 View Post
That will be 700 gal/hour or enough filtration for a 200 gal tank..... Ok, i didn't think that there was a limit to filtration, but i wanted to ask to make sure
I'm running a Rena xp4 filter in my 70 gallon it is rated for up to a 260 gallon tank (plus an xp3 as backup) . I love the over filtration, really keeps things clean!! I'm from the 300% of filtration school of thought

Old 06-07-2013, 09:43 PM   #3463

I'm running 2x fuval 406's and a marineland c360 on my 125. Marineland c360, 2x marineland penguin 350's and a marineland penguin 150 on my 110.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #3464

Did a 50% water change on my shrimp tank this morning then just got home n did another 50% change figured out why my shrimps were dropping dead... i totally had forgot i had salt in my tank (duh thats the problem) so ill do another change 50% in the morning and i should be good but ill prolly end up doing a few more to be safe although they seem much happier now..

I also came home from work n noticed i no longer have any holding mommas n nice fat bellied fish. I topped off the 125g n did a 50% change on the 10g betta tank. Fed cucumbers to all tanks with snails n my cories whew im tired
Old 06-08-2013, 04:30 PM   #3465
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I did my usual Saturday water tests before the weekly pwc and found my ammonia at between 0.25-0.50ppm. It's never spiked since I finished cycling it. I did a 50% pwc, added extra prime. While doing the pwc I was looking for a reason for the spike, al the fish are alive and well, I hadn't over fed this week. I moved the drift wood under that I found a large plant rotting away (vallisnera loves to spread in my setup). I hope that's the cause of the spike. I will recheck tomorrow and do another pwc if needed

I also redid some of the aquascaping. What do you guys think?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1845675783.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	151.1 KB
ID:	178939   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3540937886.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	178940  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3401299328.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	167.7 KB
ID:	178941  
Old 06-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #3466
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

Beautiful tank! Your water is so clear amd I love the white caves on the black. Cool! OS.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #3467
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Scales View Post
Beautiful tank! Your water is so clear amd I love the white caves on the black. Cool! OS.
Thank you it means a lot coming from you.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:40 PM   #3468
Good.

POTM Champion

Send a message via Yahoo to bud29
Today I ordered 2 pairs of tiger endlers to breed in my empty 5g. I also ordered some replacement DI resin for my RO/DI unit, as my bad water has almost toasted the current resin already. I hope to do a pwc on the 10g shrimp tank tonight, as well as replant it.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:38 PM   #3469
Aquarium Advice Activist

I brought a spotted pictus catfish and a mystery snail as new additions to the aquarium. Now all I need to do is to figure out how to feed the snail... This is gonna be tough one without all my fish stealing the food around him...
Old 06-08-2013, 11:47 PM   #3470
Aquarium Advice Regular

Bought a prefilter for the intake on my 5 gal cause my betta is so hyper and strange he actually likes fighting against the suction of it. Go figure. Traveled 45 min to my nearest petsmart to get the marineland LED fixture i need for my 20 gal because my gf had a 30% discount coupon and to buy the prefilter, turns out my gf left the discount coupon in our apt and the only cellphone she has with internet on it from where I could have gotten the barcode out of -_-. I'll have to go there again now lol. Also spent like an hour rinsing the pool filter sand for my 20 gal ehuch I'm gonna set up tomorrow.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Fish tank | - »