Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-09-2013, 12:35 AM   #3471
Aquarium Advice Addict

Fed and watched everything. Now that I'm down to just my male bolivian ram,and they're so hard to find in my area, I'm thinking of a rescape. Removing a large fake log, had it for the female to stake out a territory, moving 'his' root decor in the center and getting more dw. Also want to up my school of sterbial cories from 3 to 6.

Old 06-09-2013, 05:57 AM   #3472
SKB
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Came home from vacation and my fish were all alive!!! But my African tank was mistaken with my small "planted tank" and was on for .. Lets just say a lot because the person watching out for them worked a lot of hours. They were both on for a lot of hours per day but anyway, my African tank was brown, brown Algea everywhere.

My other tank is fine and my water wisteria Is taking off!!!!!! And I mean taking off, spreading roots everywhere. But my green terror is starting to get a little more territorial I see with tailless...getting worried.

Freshwater Newbie? Click this: http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...um-154837.html
SKB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 08:09 AM   #3473
Elephant nose Finatic!

Pwc on my bettas tank, filters rinsed and algae scrub. All clean for another 4 days
Old 06-09-2013, 08:44 AM   #3474
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKB View Post
Came home from vacation and my fish were all alive!!! But my African tank was mistaken with my small "planted tank" and was on for .. Lets just say a lot because the person watching out for them worked a lot of hours. They were both on for a lot of hours per day but anyway, my African tank was brown, brown Algea everywhere.

My other tank is fine and my water wisteria Is taking off!!!!!! And I mean taking off, spreading roots everywhere. But my green terror is starting to get a little more territorial I see with tailless...getting worried.
Yeah water wisteria is great for replanting trimmings. One of my stalks is at the top of the tank and working it's way back down to the bottom. Gotta trim and replant.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #3475
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Checked my water again this morning there are still traces of ammonia did another 30% water change. Now I really hope things are better, I don't understand why I got the spike since nothing had changed and all the fish seem perfect
Old 06-09-2013, 11:54 AM   #3476
Aquarium Advice Freak

Fixed my five gallon metaframe last night and swapped it out in the wee hours this morning!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #3477
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

OMG Where did you get the metaframes? They must be very old as I thought they quit making them years ago. I would love to have my old ones back from the 60's as they would make great nostalgia tanks. Anybody have a good old metaframe 10 or 15g they would like to sell?? Great looking tanks! OS.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #3478
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thank you. Yes, they are from the 50's-60's. I got them from ebay. The five gallon leaked and I was so upset. There are three options that I found to fix them. The simplest was to fill them with hot water, and sometimes they reseal. I tried it and it worked!
Old 06-09-2013, 12:25 PM   #3479
Adipose Fins Are Cool!

Well I WILL be scoping E bay. What would REALLY be awesome is to find one with the old stainless steel metal light hood. Thanks. OS.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:30 PM   #3480
Aquarium Advice Freak

There have been three. One sold , a ten gal with full hood for $100.00. The five gallons seem to be what everyone wants for some reason. I got in a bidding war with someone on this one, and the other five gallon went just as high. It is important that the seller at least leak tests it, to me anyway. There is one seller with several and he plainly states not leak tested. No one even bids on them. This 5 gal one was also 'leak tested' though,. and it leaked when it arrived. The 2.5 gal has not leaked.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com