Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-15-2013, 11:16 PM   #3581
Aquarium Advice Activist

Picked up an 80 gallon tank and stand today, found on Craigslist. It has weird dimensions though, it's tall, long, and narrow. Just have to figure out what I want to do with it now!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-85666133.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	180604  

Old 06-16-2013, 12:37 AM   #3582
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post
Picked up an 80 gallon tank and stand today, found on Craigslist. It has weird dimensions though, it's tall, long, and narrow. Just have to figure out what I want to do with it now!
That is an awesome tank! Hope you have a ladder!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #3583
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Nice tank! I'd so do an angel tank with that. Good luck with putting your arm in there!
Old 06-16-2013, 01:05 AM   #3584
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Trying to catch up!

Well I am back from my trip. Glad to be back! The trip was pretty much awful for so many reasons, No problems with getting to and fro.

Didn't get to hunt for my new manzanita wood, friends hubby who was gonna look for me on his mountain bike trip lost his brand new iPhone and didn't get around to finding any for me, understandably.

So maybe next trip.

Helped my mom and broke down her 60 or 80G tank with two 12 inch Koi in it. For the past year and a half she hadn't been able to take them to the lfs where she trades them for credit when they get some size on them. She had been struggling to take care of them. Very beautiful golden with black markings pearl scale and a white one with some black markings like lines on his sides and head.

Got them to the lfs for a credit, and a neighbor came and bought the tank.

So very happy to get those fish where they could go to a pond!

She has one hex tank left now with just a few fish in it. The projects she needed done kept me over my head and I couldn't get to that tank to update it. Probably going back in a month though, so I can fix it then.

My tanks are all fine, some got too much light, one got none (and no food either I think), I filled them all from evaporation.

Now I need to catch up on pwc and clean off a little algae.

My cat thought the big jar was her new water bowl, but she was perched on the rim and slipped in with one foot. Spilled a half gallon of water on the floor and the table, big mess, but the fish were okay.

Been thinking about my fish and tanks...

Think I finally decided to rehome my 37G and some fish locally, and maybe my 16G too and get a 12G Edge for the Shrimp instead.

And I am on the fence for my Koi pond and Butterfly Koi and goldfish. Don't have time or energy to build a new pond at my new place right now. I might be able to rehome half of them maybe until I have more time. The above ground pond won't really work at the new place, need to dig a hole for that too. Anybody local, give me a PM!

I think it took me an hour to read all the pages here for this thread I missed while I was gone, I really need a new phone so I can keep up!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 01:59 AM   #3585
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Just did a 2 gallon water change in my betta fry 10 gallon tank... With a 1 1/2 oz turkey baster.
Old 06-16-2013, 02:11 AM   #3586
Aquarium Advice Regular

I cleaned ugly algae off my walls.... and added this new faux coral piece and a few fake plants!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130616_011123.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	180650
Jack - Telescope Eyed Goldfish - 8 months
SharpieItBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 02:13 AM   #3587
Aquarium Advice Regular

Quote:
I am so excited to get a house when I grow up after college :P I want a big koi pond in the backyard and a giant maybe 100g tank in the living room and my current 30g with my Goldie Jack!! I am jealous of this tank even with its weird dimensions
Jack - Telescope Eyed Goldfish - 8 months
SharpieItBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #3588

Gonna go home from church and rescape my 125g .. do a major cleaning on it especially since my 3 yr old nephew wanted to feed my fish and the hubby let him overfed them now my tabk looks a hot mess ... :/

Gonna clean the crawfish tank to they seen to like my newest addition of ramshorn snails i keep finding shells crunched up but thats what they were added for so finally my tank is normal.

Cleaned the 5g n 10g yesterday atleast 50% pwc my almost invisible nerites are now gettin big enough to see..
Old 06-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #3589
Elephant nose Finatic!

Pwc clean and algae scrub on my elephant nose tank.
Added more frogbit to my bettas tank as it's growing wild in my other tank.
Old 06-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #3590
Aquarium Advice Activist

It is a pretty neat tank, it's 4 feet long and 1 foot wide. I'm tossing around the idea of some angels for it, or maybe putting my fancy goldies in it and using their bow front for something else. So many decisions!

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com