Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #3591
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water change, and filter cleaning on the 125. Also water change the 30L, and40L planted tank. Set up the new CO2 system on my other 125. Busy for a few hrs.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:17 PM   #3592
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommachef View Post
It is a pretty neat tank, it's 4 feet long and 1 foot wide. I'm tossing around the idea of some angels for it, or maybe putting my fancy goldies in it and using their bow front for something else. So many decisions!
At 1 foot wide I would honestly stick to smaller fish. Nothing longer than 5 or 6 inches, so that they can turn comfortably and be able to do more than essentially pace from side to side.

Old 06-17-2013, 03:54 PM   #3593
Elephant nose Finatic!

Did a massive clean on my bettas tank as i found three damselflies yikes! They were hiding under my tiger lotus so everything came out and got cleaned. Does anyone know if my betta will be ok if there's any more in there? I don't like them lol
Old 06-17-2013, 07:24 PM   #3594

Looked up from cleaning my house and saw my crawfish with my plant held up in the air with roots in her mouth... really no wonder it keeps floating in the water i was blaming the ramshorns.. plant moved immediately to a new tank

Click image for larger version

Name:	ForumRunner_20130617_172252.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	181002
Old 06-17-2013, 07:29 PM   #3595
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Looked up from cleaning my house and saw my crawfish with my plant held up in the air with roots in her mouth... really no wonder it keeps floating in the water i was blaming the ramshorns.. plant moved immediately to a new tank
That's funny lol your crawfish is a very lovely color
Old 06-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #3596

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

That's funny lol your crawfish is a very lovely color
Thanks ...she eats a high snail diet...lol
Old 06-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #3597
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alyxx View Post

At 1 foot wide I would honestly stick to smaller fish. Nothing longer than 5 or 6 inches, so that they can turn comfortably and be able to do more than essentially pace from side to side.
Definitely agree! But I might have to part with the tank, because it doesn't look/fit right in the spot I had wanted to put it, and I don't really have room to put it anywhere else. I can't decide whether I want to resell it or if I just want to put it in my basement and hang on to it for when we get a bigger house. I'm pretty disappointed about it!
But on a side note, just got done setting up this 50 gallon cube thing that I also picked up over the weekend. Not sure yet what I want to put in it, but it's up and running!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3768959966.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	181053  
Old 06-17-2013, 11:51 PM   #3598
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
All I can picture is the little dude saying "this. is. Spartaaaaa!" LOL
Old 06-18-2013, 12:00 AM   #3599
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:

Attachment 181002
Caught blue handed!

Bought The Top Fin Pogostemon Helferi and Staurogyne Repens packaged plants from Petsmart. Oh and I got a survey to complete online, save $3 for tomorrow to get them at a different store. Also the price was $1.00 more for the package at that first store 8.99. The first store I went to didn't have any new ones said their stuff comes in on Tuesday.

The second store half the plants looked awful, half looked great. I am guessing the awful ones maybe had been behind the others and didn't get much light, or older stock. 7.99 per box, as was the price quoted from two other stores in a different area.

Set a trade with a member here for some other new plants. it's kinda like plant swap for me lately. Getting lots of new ones I have been wanting.

Got a bunch of Anubias Nana petite, and Rotala a couple weeks ago, and some starts of a few other new types to me, plants from local area hobbyists! Maybe picking up a cool flame moss driftwood this week!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #3600
Macro Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Not a thing yet
took my daughter out off roading yesterday guess she's wore out cause can't get her out of bed , so I can't get in that room to feed the fish yet lol

54seaweed is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

« Emails | - »