Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #3701
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellyx View Post

Mine just sits in my outflow, i crush spirulina tablets up near him to eat and I've caught him eating live brine shrimp as well. I sadly lost my other one it was really weak when I get got it. I don't have a lot of live plants either and he seems fine.
Thanks for the pointer. I'm sorry you lost one. My lfs just called they had a run on them(they said they sold 100 today) but they put the 4 best aside for me. That place understands customer service (not knowledgable but nice)

Old 07-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #3702
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post

Thanks for the pointer. I'm sorry you lost one. My lfs just called they had a run on them(they said they sold 100 today) but they put the 4 best aside for me. That place understands customer service (not knowledgable but nice)
That's a lot to sell, at least they've kept some for you. All the best with them and remember take some pics lol

Old 07-03-2013, 07:55 PM   #3703
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I know but they told me they get them once or twice a year max and usually have a list if people who want
Old 07-04-2013, 04:38 AM   #3704
Elephant nose Finatic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
I know but they told me they get them once or twice a year max and usually have a list if people who want
My lfs don't get them in very often, i had to buy mine off eBay.
Old 07-04-2013, 12:17 PM   #3705
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Yikes!

Wow, I just turned on the light for my 72G and found my Purple Spotted Goby/Gudgeon with a Oto tail sticking out of his mouth!!!

I see the other 6 happily snacking on algae on the glass....

Shocked is a word, though I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I was told he would get 3-4 inches, and he is 4-5 inches now and BIG and round. And a very big mouth. He is so very beautiful, and acts like a puppy swimming over to the glass and begs for food and attention. Had him since he was 1.5", just a few months he has grown to jumbo proportions!

Cleaned out my Betta tank yesterday, a little freaked how his water was a brown color, and then as I was cleaning it found the Indian Almond leaf I put in there a week or 2 ago surrounded by moss. So I was't freaked out about it anymore, lol! Totally forgot about it!!!

Doing a couple pwc on the other bowls and tanks today. Probably changing my planted Jar and combining my snail bowl with it too.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 12:39 PM   #3706
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Stuck?

I think the Otos body might be stuck in the gobys mouth, they have little spines!!!

....and he is just sitting there the same as before, different location but the tail is in the same spot! Not sure what to do. Maybe catch him, get a tweezer and try to remove the Oto...
loading a pic now...

Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules

Old 07-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #3707
Planted Tank Addict

Send a message via MSN to daileene Send a message via Yahoo to daileene Send a message via Skype™ to daileene
oh wow....i hope he is okay. I know he is being a bad fish eating the oto...but if it is really stuck, it might affect his insides...yes, maybe you can help him take it out using the tweezers...

5G Planted|10G Planted|10G Planted #2|10G Paludarium #3|20G Long Planted|20G Long Planted#2
"Love is long-suffering and kind. Love is not jealous." (1 Cor. 13:4a)
daileene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #3708
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by daileene View Post
oh wow....i hope he is okay. I know he is being a bad fish eating the oto...but if it is really stuck, it might affect his insides...yes, maybe you can help him take it out using the tweezers...
That happened to an oranda I had a LONG time ago. Oto had died and the oranda gulped it up. Netted the oranda and used needle nose pliers to remove the oto carcass. Spines were stuck in the lip/cheek area.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #3709
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
That happened to an oranda I had a LONG time ago. Oto had died and the oranda gulped it up. Netted the oranda and used needle nose pliers to remove the oto carcass. Spines were stuck in the lip/cheek area.
Got the Oto out of his mouth. Using a small needle nose pliers /not the petite bead/floral ones, but smallish.

The barbs were 6mm each!!! I measured them, got them both out so I think the big guy should recover. It was back in his throat a bit. That was sooooo scary! I still have an upset stomach over it!

I wonder if he wants to eat little fish still?

Community Rules

Old 07-04-2013, 04:33 PM   #3710
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumnsky View Post

Got the Oto out of his mouth. Using a small needle nose pliers /not the petite bead/floral ones, but smallish.

The barbs were 6mm each!!! I measured them, got them both out so I think the big guy should recover. It was back in his throat a bit. That was sooooo scary! I still have an upset stomach over it!

I wonder if he wants to eat little fish still?
That's good. And he should learn his lesson. Key word should.

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com