Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-05-2013, 10:33 PM   #3741
Aquarium Advice Addict

what i did today

Did a 25% change in all 8 of my tanks. Took in ten male and ten female of my 3 month old redtail tuxeudo fancy guppies. Got ten bucks in store credit. Picked up some methylene blue and tropical flakes. Hooked up my automatic feeder to my fry tank since were going on vscation sunday for a week. Got some slowrelease vitamin blocks for them to nibble on while im gone. I been feeding alot of brine shrimp this past week to build up their fat reserves. Should be fine.

Old 07-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #3742

Got new snails that i forgot to mention in their tank.. 2 for the crawfish since one has been shaking its claws at me wanting snails...lol

Acclimated the 4 yellow tail acei and fed the new food to the rest of the tank just luv using this trick to add newbies... even saw the acei snatching some food in the mix... lol all in all a good evening

Old 07-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #3743
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Was a long day for tank maintenance and I only have 2 tanks currently

Did a 75% pwc and full gravel vacc on my daughters 20 long, took apart filter and decor to scrub. Ich is gone and I want it to stay that way. (I did the aquarium salt and temp method)

Then I did a 50% pwc on my planted 70g, also cleaned filter then did some major trimming and removal of he extra plants. I have Vallisneria and it spreads like crazy started with a single plant and it took over. Also had to trim the dead/sick leaves from my amazon sword and the elodea densa just needed to be shortened a bit. The new bamboo shrimp had fun during this fanning and eating away, I was just worried about injuring one with the scissors

I decided to remove a piece of pottery that is the only unnatural looking piece of decor, I removed it put it aside in the trash leaves bucket while I was trimming then I figured its a good cave that my rams like as I picked it up to put back in my butterfly pleco fell out. He's fine but I would of been so upset if he died. It's funny the pottery has no bottom but I guess the pleco had a good grip.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:18 PM   #3744
Aquarium Advice Addict

Water change on my 46g AND changed out the stock fluorescent bulb it came with a year ago to one specific for plants:

Before:
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3870253313.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	211.4 KB
ID:	184576

After:

Name:	image-3018297473.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	184577

It looks so much dimmer in person but the colors of the fish are amazing. The bulb didn't specifically say 65000k just that its for plants so we'll see what happens.

Also did water changes on 2 other small tanks.
Old 07-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #3745

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
Water change on my 46g AND changed out the stock fluorescent bulb it came with a year ago to one specific for plants:

Before:

After:

It looks so much dimmer in person but the colors of the fish are amazing. The bulb didn't specifically say 65000k just that its for plants so we'll see what happens.

Very pretty... luv it
Old 07-06-2013, 07:26 PM   #3746
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post

Before:

After:

That's beautiful!

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #3747
Aquarium Advice Addict

Got 10 cherry barbs for the 55g. Thank you PetSmart! Instead of spending $25-30 on them I got them all for $8.

Did a 20% PWC on the 55g. Got black worms for the puffer as well as another plant, bought one but got four. I love when the LFS employees actually make sure you get more than what you pay for! Ah, good day in the fishie world. Tonight they get black worms for dinner
Old 07-06-2013, 08:51 PM   #3748
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Upgraded heater on my 29 gal DT from 100w to 150w. Test ran it and wiped it down before putting in tank. Spent the afternoon monitoring the temp setting.

Gave my new 10 gal QT a test run. Put the 100w heater in there and set up the filter. I got an Aquaclear 30 so I can easily seed it with filter pad I have in my Aquaclear 50 on the DT. The QT is in a temporary location for a couple of days for testing. I'll have to break it down, move it, and set it up again before getting fish.
Old 07-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #3749
Elephant nose Finatic!

Did a 50 % clean on my bettas tank.
Been finding dead amanos in my elephant nose tank one had been eaten! But the other two hadn't, don't know what's going on but think it could have something to do with a certain fish!!
Old 07-07-2013, 10:54 AM   #3750
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Mystery Snails

I moved one of my gold mystery snails (Argo) from my 15g column to my 5g. My other gold mystery snail (Jason) was spotted sitting up on his foot like a teddy bear holding a piece of algae wafer and nomming it down!! In the photo (sorry, best I could on short notice), he's looking at me while holding his wafer over to the side, as if to say, "Mine!" You can see how he's grasping it better if you look in the reflection on the bottom of the tank.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Argo at Home.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	184696   Click image for larger version

Name:	MINE_Jason.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	188.6 KB
ID:	184697  

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com