What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
10 gallon water change and filter cleaning. Moved an amazon sword to the QT and planted more wisteria in its place.

Edit: used my "fancy" algae scrapper magnet on the front glass.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Trimmed some plants. After a two week QT, added the Ember Tetras and Otos.
YIBQ7qU.png
mYas5D8.png
HS8IpWj.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Got ten. I think two or three are male so hoping that's a good ratio.

Also just picked up a nice piece of mopani. It's boiling in the kitchen as I type.

That's great, what size tank are they going in? My only complaint with CPDs is that they're sooooo difficult to photograph :rolleyes:

That's great, what size tank are they going in? My only complaint with CPDs is that they're sooooo difficult to photograph :rolleyes:

20g high. Really hoping to get a bigger tank this year, 50g+. Yeah they are pretty small and darting around. Hopefully they will slow down when they get used to their new surroundings.

Got some goodies!!!

First day was a huge Giant hair grass (Eleocharis montevidensis) I picked up for a good deal for 6.49, checking out if my lights can support them before I get some more.

Another day was one Rosette Sword and 3 twisty little plants, not absolutely which kind for $10.

SW- And the I think, aforementioned collector Urchin. I found him some additional Macroalgae Fern Calerpa and Grape Calerpa.

Then a white long polyp leather for almost $23 appx 3 inches. It seemed cool but the polyps didn't seem to be long like the tannish one, so I am wondering about it. Seemed like a regular Toadstool leather but white instead of green and tan. It was completely open, so not turning stony or sick. I just had the feeling it was worth getting though we will see after I try to get an correct ID. I can always take it back. Going in with Saddleback Clowns.

There was a pretty neat looking Porcelain Crab for 14.99 (a little high but worth it to me to get it) and then a yellow "ninja Star" snail, a couple clumps of rooted Halimeda, and a big chunk of white live sponge. Two little frag amounts of Blue Star Cloves, they are going to get their own special rock away from the others - Because I know they spread. All went into the 12G Rimless garden.

Super fun additions!!!

2 gallon pwc on SW 12G and 3 gallon on SW 15G. Add evap water for 5G SW.

Found a new home for a few Blue Velvet Shrimp locally. Yay!!! Lotsa fun.

Angel pair #2 just laid eggs again!!! Wow, busy, busy!

Driftwood's been boiling for about five hours now. Tannins are finally thinning out but some more to go. It's bedtime soon, so into a bucket to soak overnight!

What part of Tennessee are you from?

Caleb

~10g 7 ghost shrimp, Betta,2 ADF
~45g ick is fixed! 5 White skirt tetras. Soon to add Corys
~75g NEW! dojo loach, 5 black Skirt Tetras, 5 cherry barbs, live plants

Near Jackson

Jim B from Tennessee

Did you soak it over night or did you not sleep?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Haha I'm not that dedicated. I boiled it for about five hours last night and then soaked it in a bucket overnight, then restarted boiling this morning.

I think it's pretty much ready. Canister has purigen anyways so good to go. I just wanted to get as much out beforehand!

Wc on following tanks:
150 gallon discus
90 gallon angel/community
20 gallon saltwater
55 gallon community
30 gallon community
39 gallon QT tank/ full of corys
46 gallon lima cat
2-20 gallon
2-10 gallon

Jim B from Tennessee

Haha I'm not that dedicated. I boiled it for about five hours last night and then soaked it in a bucket overnight, then restarted boiling this morning.

I think it's pretty much ready. Canister has purigen anyways so good to go. I just wanted to get as much out beforehand!

I soaked a piece of mopani in a bucket with hot water until it stopped staining, then boiled it (changing water every couple hours) and it hasn't stained a bit.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I tried glueing SW mushrooms to a rock,bahhahahhhahhhahhhahhahaha, well that didn't work, but I was able to glue down the sand rubble to the special rock I picked out for the blue star cloves and there will be a pic of them tomorrow. They look good and were opened up. Was pretty proud for glueing something to a rock, lol.

The Leather is doing good, and was opened up too. And the snail started moving around and the crab was hiding behind the rock so still alive. The collector urchin had the big ball of macroalgae still riding around behind him.

Angelfish pair #1 laid down a huge bunch of eggs!! Pair #2 is guarding theirs but really I think they eat them themselves.
Pics tomorrow, I think.

50 % clean on my shrimp tank, getting it ready for my new shrimp tomorrow :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

60 % clean on my elephant nose tank, rinsed filter's and checked impeller. Going to be adding new plant's soon, the tank doesn't look good at the moment.
Added new shrimp into my vampire tank, they're soo tiny! Thought they'd be safer in there :rolleyes:

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp and snails

Back
Top Bottom