Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-07-2013, 11:02 AM   #3751
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
Water change on my 46g AND changed out the stock fluorescent bulb it came with a year ago to one specific for plants:

Before:
Attachment 184576

After:
Attachment 184577

It looks so much dimmer in person but the colors of the fish are amazing. The bulb didn't specifically say 65000k just that its for plants so we'll see what happens.

Also did water changes on 2 other small tanks.
Really beautiful tank. Mind if I ask what the floating plant is? I'm setting up a 56g, and I'm thinking of adding a couple of floating plants. I'm new to the planted tank world - may ease into a fully planted tank later.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #3752
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Got back from a 7 day vacation! So happy to see my fishies alive and happy!

Old 07-07-2013, 01:42 PM   #3753
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post
Water change on my 46g AND changed out the stock fluorescent bulb it came with a year ago to one specific for plants:

Before:

After:

It looks so much dimmer in person but the colors of the fish are amazing. The bulb didn't specifically say 65000k just that its for plants so we'll see what happens.

Also did water changes on 2 other small tanks.
OMG I loveeee your aquascaping!!!!
Old 07-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #3754
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabel1066 View Post

Really beautiful tank. Mind if I ask what the floating plant is? I'm setting up a 56g, and I'm thinking of adding a couple of floating plants. I'm new to the planted tank world - may ease into a fully planted tank later.
Thank you. The floating plants are anachris. I'm hoping this new light will get my swords & other plants in the front to get some height on them but I'm having my doubts its the appropriate light for the depth of the tank, I'm going to do a little more research to see if there's a better light. Planted tanks are great, the biggest issue I have are my CAE's tend to up root the ones that haven't had a chance to take hold.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:05 PM   #3755
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post

OMG I loveeee your aquascaping!!!!
Thank you. I re-arranged it a few weeks ago & I think I've finally got it how I like it EXCEPT I want my plants to take off & fill in more.
Old 07-07-2013, 02:07 PM   #3756
Aquarium Advice Addict

Thank you kjacks & jmay33. I don't quite have the plants as filled in as I'd like but its getting there, hoping the new bulb helps.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #3757
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Filled water in 37G and found a dead Sword in my 72G, but am having to go to work so I will have to try and figure that out tomorrow.

Everything has been going fine in there...or so I thought.

Last night added a floating lily pad thing made for little turtles to the 72G, but for the Fiddler Crab and thinking of getting more but nothing esle until i figure out whats up.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 09:18 PM   #3758

What an exciting day.. i have had both crawfish molt, 3 females holding, and trying to plan for a revised setup... life is good right now
Old 07-07-2013, 09:20 PM   #3759
Aquarium Advice Addict

Today I took samples from my SW tank and found out that it had cycled. Did a PWC and I'm getting a fish tomorrow
Old 07-08-2013, 04:11 AM   #3760
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
I took my oddly bloated female betta out of qt since epsom salt baths were not doing her any good. I am just keeping watch on her and if she starts acting as if she is in pain or starts hacing issues swimming I may have to euthanize her. Being as the swelling is on one side, and epsom salts, fasting, and peas and brine shrimp have yielded no results, I fear she may have a tumor. I even tried floating her in with each of my males to see if yhat may spur her to drop eggs if she were egg-bound, but that didn't work either. Might try that again tomorrow evening.

Since I was taking her out of qt, I took a look at the bettas when I was in walmart getting groceries and made a lucky find.I had pretty much given up on finding anything special, especially after finding a nice lavender-grey crowntail with what looked to be a swim bladder issue. But lo and behold, after picking up and inspecting just about every cup on the shelf, I got to a cup that had been sat off to the side and stumbed upon a gorgeous crowntail. He has a light body with pale blue green iridescence and mostly light blue fins. But his dorsal and anal fins are yellow at the tips, almost in a butterfly pattern, exept all of the tail is blue. I like the shape of his fins as well. Instead of the typical long delicate fringes, his are more short and thick. He looks fringed. I love him! I will be decorating his tank in a week or so.
Here he is :

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com