What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
50 % clean on my vampire shrimp tank and rinsed filter's. View attachment 266966
Molly (my son named her! ) decided to come out for a nose :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Molly is a beautiful shrimp! Great color. (y)

Well so much to share but not enough time to really go on and on like I usually do. :rolleyes:

So here is the less frequent kinda long version of part of the happenings.

So there was some problems with a toxic Zoa in the SW tank a few days back. It killed several of my frags/ coral starts and I am really sad about it. Kinda made my hand numb (next time will have gloves on, dumb dumb). This was caused by a rock kinda, not even totally squishing one, maybe 2 polyps. So kind of surprised by the HUGE retaliation the tank received.

Trying to figure out which of the 4 types, think it is narrowed down to 2 possibilities, which is the killer Zoa.

Here is the pic of the pretty little killer, most likely the pretty green or the plain looking brownish one, under the brown with the bright green center.

60074-albums14227-picture68031.jpg

Then will see if the local coral seller would like to keep it instead of me and give me something else.

SW is a sticky wicket. Stinging things, chemical warfare between groups, bristley sticking things, barbed things, biting things, palytoxin things, second deadliest toxin from nature so I have read.

Dog knocked over my hood for my 15G SW and broke the bulb, while I was doing an adjustment. Now will order the upgraded 20W bulbs instead for the other two fixtures.

Getting some good growth starting from my last batch of fert caps I put in.

Still struggling with the lighting color selection for my Current USA light fixture and additional strip. I think my extra bulb for the stock fixture was too old, was getting a bunch of brown algae where it was. I need to add in some more Mystery snails to clean it up.

Am finding that my recent addition Betta is a real beauty. The pic here is just a little of his glowing beauty which is starting to really shine.

60074-albums13946-picture68395.jpg

ttfn!

I took the deicer off of the goldfish pump and started running the filter again! A couple of water changes and feeding will commence!

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Went out of town on Monday, got back home 4 hours ago. Still working on the tanks.

An order of bumblebee nerites arrived while I was gone, separated those to the tanks they belong in. I got a huge bunch of jungle vals from Aquabid, had my daughter float them in the 16g those those were trimmed and planted. And I have an order from Wet Spot due to arrive tomorrow so I got the tanks those fish are going in ready...busy day, I'll sleep well tonight.

Indoor Pond

Have been doing large, weekly water changes on all my tanks and so should everyone who cares about the health of their fish and plants. On, a brief note, I have been in the "Water keeping" hobby for quite a few years and always wanted a pond. I live in Colorado, so can only enjoy this type of thing a few months of the year. So, I thought why not bring the pond inside. I have very rough plans for a 330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank set on cinder blocks and particle board in my basement. I have 6 larger tanks already and plan to transfer the contents of these to the trough. Will plant the area around the tank with house plants and whatever comes to mind. So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

So, as Roy Rogers and Dale Evans said "Happy Trails".

B

Have been doing large, weekly water changes on all my tanks and so should everyone who cares about the health of their fish and plants. On, a brief note, I have been in the "Water keeping" hobby for quite a few years and always wanted a pond. I live in Colorado, so can only enjoy this type of thing a few months of the year. So, I thought why not bring the pond inside. I have very rough plans for a 330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank set on cinder blocks and particle board in my basement. I have 6 larger tanks already and plan to transfer the contents of these to the trough. Will plant the area around the tank with house plants and whatever comes to mind. So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

B

This sounds like an amazing project!! Would appreciate pics if you ever get the chance. Have fun :)

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

330 gallon 10 foot long, 24 inch tall and 24 inch wide galvanized steel water trough tank [indoor pond]... So, this is likely my last post for a while. Need to get started.

B

Sounds like fun, don't be a stranger and make sure you can give us a build thread and lot of pics!!!

Post here and link it so we can enjoy the process!

Well it was a bit like Christmas day for me!

Picked up the two really grown over (encrusted) frags of Mystic Sunset.

Then picked up my corals I had there being baby sat
A Green Polyp Leather,
A Duncan about 4 heads,
Teal trumpet 4 heads/trumpets or whatever they are called(could be green)

Then new decisions today;
Pinwheels zoas frag,
Pokerstar Montipora
Nice Rainbow Montipora
Red flame Calerpa Share some with the Urchin

Then went to the lfs and got some Feather and Grape Calerpa to feed the Urchin, plus SW and RO/DI water.

Whoop, whoop! will get pics, eventually.

Now pwc on SW tanks for sure and general light cleaning. Have to get everything acclimated.

Last edited:
Went to the gym - ended up in the pet store :)

Bags of laterite clay arrived. lol - I was expecting more like gravel so not quite sure now what to do with it. Probably keep some for DIY substrate tabs and send rest on.

50 % clean on my elephant nose tank. Had to put most of his plant's back in he's constantly removing them, sick of seeing them floating!
Adding more ninja shrimp to my vampire tank I really like them :)

55 gallon elephant nose tank.
16 gallon vampire shrimp, green lace shrimp and snails.

Yesterday was acclimate a bunch of new fish day...absolutely love the peacock gudgeons, so glad I decided to get them!

Today I'd like to get pics of the new fish, have to do some work on plants, and I'd like to pick up a betta for the NPT project.

img_3183456_0_f132d5990e848863523edc3a585e4fa7.jpg

This was the other day but added some new plants! Also seeing some sprouts on my Rotala! And finally added a very fat pictus. I've looked at bloating and his came overnight so I don't think it's that. Think he just ate too much. Excuse the air hose, dojo loves to dig it up after I put it back lol.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426346457.236539.jpg

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

This was the other day but added some new plants! Also seeing some sprouts on my Rotala! And finally added a very fat pictus. I've looked at bloating and his came overnight so I don't think it's that. Think he just ate too much. Excuse the air hose, dojo loves to dig it up after I put it back lol.

What is the plant kind of in the front center, just right of the rock?

Could be....I've always kept it floating so it looks different to me planted!

Trying to cover up floor space for the ropefish. It's a little too open for his liking when the light is on so maybe some more ground cover will help him feel for comfortable. He's the biggest fish in the tank by 5 inches so he wins that hands down lol.

Caleb

Sent via TARDIS

Moved Betta from the planted topless Aqua Farm (AF) to the 16G last night, because the AF is cloudy, I think from the mucked Cuddlebone, He looked lovely and don't think the water was bad, but rather see him in nice clear water and there aren't fish in that tank right now anyway. Added the frags to the tanks and now fear my Urchin :brows:will eat them or knock them off... :( I see him near there now and am freaking out...........checking........

Well that was interesting timing. He went to the edge of the rock where my leather frag is crooked into a ledge and I saw him attach with his tentacles and lift it out of the crook and try to drag it along, like the collector urchin he is...and he is resting on my Pinwheel Zoa frag. I am worried to leave him, there and worried to move him over or he might drop my Leather!

I need some reef putty!!! And I might need a different set up for the frags and Urchin combination.

Attempted to add a new power head to my equipment collection from a SW keeper who has some unneeded items and get an Edge tank for my daughters' birthday, made an offer :brows: we will see.

Took a picture excuse the container I'm holding 13 mini carpet nems for a mate and don't want them in my tank ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426426718.008233.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom