What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Adding ferts to my tank today. Normally would do a pwc but since I did one Friday not going to do one today. Also going to lfs to see if they have pangio kuhlii's :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yesterday: did a big WC in the Endlers tank, kind of a pain with all the fry but fun to watch the kuhlis get crazy. Moved Pi the betta into his permanent home with green rasboras and red rili shrimp. Seems so much happier than being alone, no longer hiding behind plants. Not bothering the rasboras at all and so far ignoring the shrimp. Added another cholla to the scarlet badis tank since they've been showing lots of spawning behavior, keeping my fingers crossed. Even saw some spawning behavior from the peacocks...is it a full moon or what?

And ordered by Fluval Spec 5 :dance:

Sill not sure if I like the floating moneywort or not:

img_3184376_0_4508ea855edd48b62b9affc3eb0b4977.jpg

Yesterday: did a big WC in the Endlers tank, kind of a pain with all the fry but fun to watch the kuhlis get crazy. Moved Pi the betta into his permanent home with green rasboras and red rili shrimp. Seems so much happier than being alone, no longer hiding behind plants. Not bothering the rasboras at all and so far ignoring the shrimp. Added another cholla to the scarlet badis tank since they've been showing lots of spawning behavior, keeping my fingers crossed. Even saw some spawning behavior from the peacocks...is it a full moon or what?

And ordered by Fluval Spec 5 :dance:

Sill not sure if I like the floating moneywort or not:

img_3184382_0_4508ea855edd48b62b9affc3eb0b4977.jpg

Plant half and float half maybe. The Bettas love to lounge in the loops of plants near the top.

Your shrimp would love a Cholla wood or 2 for hiding and protection.

Last edited:
Plant half and float half maybe. The Bettas love to lounge in the loops of plants near the top.

Your shrimp would love a Cholla wood or 2 for hiding and protection.

There's a moss covered SS tunnel/cave to the right of the chain swords in the front. Back left corner are 2 SS mats with flame moss. Would you suggest replacing the java fern with moneywort?

PWC change day. Harvested some snails from the shrimp tank for some shipments tomorrow. Also will be trimming and shipping plants.
CbqmyTj.png

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

PWC change day. Harvested some snails from the shrimp tank for some shipments tomorrow. Also will be trimming and shipping plants.
CbqmyTj.png

That's just a drop in the ole snail bucket, lol!

Did nearly 3 gallon pwc on my 12G edge tank. Had a plugged up prefilter and it was causing a problem for the water flow. Changed that.

Playing musical lights on all the tanks until I set up the other one on my 12G rimless garden tank. Still need to order the 20W 50/50 compact cfls.

I added 5 more chili rasboras to our school. 17 now. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426458620.065188.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1426458636.782023.jpg

Itty bitty babies! They're finally starting to get their red which is super exciting. I just wish I could get a better pic of them!

I just love the micro rasboras! I got some great shots of my pygmy rasboras today while I was actually trying to get the gardneri :whistle:

Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together :)

Nice!!! I love them too!!! We plan on upgrading our 55 to like 150 and I think today I decided when the time comes I want to make the 55 an all nano with the rasboras, cpd, Pygmy Corey's and stuff like that. Like 3-4 big schools and a smaller school of forktail rainbows or something like that as a centerpiece. I love love love the interactions of the school of them together :)

I would love to do a tank like that! Have you kept peacock gudgeons? Peaceful, colorful fish for mid to bottom of the tank. Just got a trio on Friday :flowers:

No! I haven't but they're super pretty!! Definitely on the list of "later down the road" fish!

Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.

Weekly water change... ~75%

Attempted to take photos of the fish with my wife's DSLR... so stinking hard to get a good pic of the CPDs! Got a few decent ones but have to get them onto a computer at some point so I can post them.

I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus :rolleyes:

I know that feeling! Do you keep them with other fish? I only ask because I've found that in trying to get shots of other fish the tough ones end up being in focus :rolleyes:

They have tankmates, still was really challenging... those things won't stay still for but a millisecond! Got some good shots of the cory and gourami.

Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:

img_3186382_0_0c6fc05b09b067e483b7004fc0697691.jpg

:dance: (y) :smitten:

Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon :D

Yesterday: Did a WC and clean up in the NPT aka the Project Tank. MTS from Fresh arrived so most of those went into tanks, still have a few in a bowl on the kitchen counter. Did a monster plant clean up in the 16g as well as some rearranging and borrowing...just still not happy with the scaping in that tank as well as the Endlers tank.

Today: FedEx was just here, thought it was my order from Msjinkzd but no, it was this:

img_3186527_0_0c6fc05b09b067e483b7004fc0697691.jpg

:dance: (y) :smitten:

Edit: FedEx is here again, looks like I'll be acclimating fish this afternoon :D

Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.

Yay!!!

Picking up a new to us Edge tank for my daughter today and about 20-30 shrimp too, if no one bought them yet. He's throwing in the shrimp and a mystery box of misc. fish stuff, just wants all the misc. to go away!!! So tomorrow and the next day I will be trying to see what would be useful to me. And to my friends and family. Yipee! lol.

Finally ordering my new light bulbs.

New goodies! What size is the Edge?

New goodies! What size is the Edge?

6.6G long story... about my 6.6G tank which used to her tank and then she gave it to me for mother's day some years ago when she felt she couldn't keep fish for a while (moving a lot and such), and she always loves my tank when she sees it, lol -so she wanted one and it will be her bday in a few weeks, so it is a present for her. (y) $50 for the box of misc stuff, all remaining cherry shrimp and tank! This is such a great deal and gift, thankful to the seller too. I will be doing the aquascape for her tank, but she will tell me if she likes it too so we can make it what she wants!

Back
Top Bottom