What Did You do With Your Tank Today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did a partial water change in my 5.5gal for my betta n cleaned all the decor n heater , fed Neo n petted on him some since i havent been home n the hubbys ben feedin him. Then finally added water to my 55gal n setup cleaned the filter ..

I did a massive water change on my 20 gallon because there was a bunch of poop everywhere. Ended up changing about 150% of the water just to get it all up. I need one of those gravel vacuums that put the water back in the tank to clean the sand up. My siphon doesn't do the best job at vacuuming debris off of sand. Then I did my betta tank for good measure. The best part, none of this was planned maintenance. I just got up to make myself a drink, noticed poop, poured the drink and went and got the stuff for a water change and proceeded to spend almost an hour messing with the tanks. At midnight. But hey, two clean tanks! Puffers get their change tomorrow.

Did my weekly 50-60% water change a little early this time. Still planning on the algae turf scrubber.

Did a 50% wc on my tankand gravel vac. I have negelcted wiping the algae off the walls and ornaments for a while. So I did that. All that commotion kicked up debris in my tank. Refilled the tanks added prime and started the filter. Now I can't wait for my filter and sponge filter to do its job. Now's the time I had a HOT Magnum.

Spent ages cleaning sand before i put it in, bought plants, ammonia, picked test kit up from post office, put everything in place and added ammonia and tested the water to see whats the crack with it at the start.

Now I have a cloudy tank, floating bogwood and no fish.

And I'm knackered.

Spent all afternoon cleanin my new 10gal tank i rehomed my betta n otos n looks like its gonna b awhile before i get my 55gal up n runnin i drained the water n trashed my filter since it just stopped working..completely remodeled the 10gal n cleaned everything up..

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120624_161033.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120624_161033.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 64
  • ForumRunner_20120624_161124.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120624_161124.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 98
  • ForumRunner_20120624_161115.jpg
    ForumRunner_20120624_161115.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 92
Just painted the back of my new 29 gallon tank now I'm starting to make the stand and hood

Normal PWC. Dropped a slice a cucumber in for my clown Pleco. Making headway on getting permission to get another tank. When I first stocked my 29, my mom wanted angels. I told her 'no'. Now I'm playing the' if I can get another larger tank, than I will stock it with angels' bit. Wish me luck:)

Setup my old 5.5 gal this mornin then purchased the last sad lookin female betta for my friend n her kids.. its not really well put together just stuff here n there me r my sister didnt want but the fish is happier already

ForumRunner_20120625_213315.jpg

fiddled around with some plants that I got from a relative. only so much I can do waiting for a cycle to end.....

Went to Petsmart and my lfs and picked up some pest snails for my puffer. While at the lfs I also bought some Java moss. Came home and my house was 80°! So I had to do water changes on all my tanks to get the temp down. After, I fed peas to everyone but the puffer, he got some snails! :) Put some of the moss in my betta/frog tank and some in my community tank.

Normal PWC. Dropped a slice a cucumber in for my clown Pleco. Making headway on getting permission to get another tank. When I first stocked my 29, my mom wanted angels. I told her 'no'. Now I'm playing the' if I can get another larger tank, than I will stock it with angels' bit. Wish me luck:)

DEVIOUS!! But I like it! :brows:

Steve

Didn't do much with my established tanks, but I spent the better part of the evening (and early morning hours) painting my new 58 gallon.

View attachment 103317

That is the progress so far. The whole back is going to be done in shades of green.

Did normal PWC and cleaned some algae off the glass. It's amazing how 'clean' my tank looks after a water change.

Well I fed my fish in my 36g and earlier today I broke down my 55g and sold my fish..:( its okay I'm upgrading to a 75g :D

Water changes and filter cleanings all around! Scrubbed some dark nasty looking algae off my dw. Some minor rearranging. Oh, fetched a red claw crab out of a HOB filter. Thought about adding some fish, decided against it after seeing petsmarts current stock. Ugh. I need an LFS.

christine2012 said:
Water changes and filter cleanings all around! Scrubbed some dark nasty looking algae off my dw. Some minor rearranging. Oh, fetched a red claw crab out of a HOB filter. Thought about adding some fish, decided against it after seeing petsmarts current stock. Ugh. I need an LFS.

I read dw as dishwasher ahahahaha

Back
Top Bottom