Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-14-2013, 05:43 PM   #3821
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellieca View Post

LOL This is why I haven't even attempted it.
I thought I'd give it another try and I've learned now. I'd hate to see him with fish.

Old 07-14-2013, 05:58 PM   #3822
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Good and bad...

Well moving things around and getting a new couch so had to move my 72G tank across the room. Did a 75% water change and slid and pushed that big boy and got it moved and change in like I think 30-40 min! Fast! And it looks perfect where it is now...where I originally wanted to put it.

Cleaned out the cover of Salvinia Minima and Duck Weed in the 72G...needing to take that over to the Koi pond for the fish to eat.

Added water to the 37G.

Saw my 6 Otos so they are all there (minus the one that got stuck in the Gobys mouth. He is seemingly doing just fine too after the incident.)

That was the good. Now the bad...

Noticed a little grey white patch on one of the Otos backs and a fat lip on one of the blue Cochu Tetras so I will try treating the Maracyn 2 when I get home tonight from work or in the morning. I am off work for 2 days and can monitor the tank, a little unsure/nervous after the pH crash last time. But hopefully everything will go fine. And I can get rid of this nuisance illness in the tank.

I need to get this fixed so I can condense/move my healthy fish out of the 37G into the 72G and rehome some of them and the 37G tank.

Always something!

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 08:45 PM   #3823
Aquarium Advice Activist

Went to my lfs this morning to check on the porcupine puffer I rescued from CL on Thursday, and he was sold already! Made me happy. Went to pick up rocks, and ended up buying a 50 gallon bowfront setup, canister, and a little 5 gallon. But no rocks. Going to make the bowfront a salt water, and put maybe an angler or a fumanchu lionfish in it with some live rocks. I'm still researching all of that stuff though. Not sure what I'm going to do with the 5, but they threw it in the package for free so I wasn't turning it down. Lol
Just spent the past 4 hours deep cleaning and restacking rocks in my tanks, and everyone seems so much happier now. Today was a success!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4068276669.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	191.8 KB
ID:	186228   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3491240867.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	149.3 KB
ID:	186229  

Old 07-14-2013, 10:31 PM   #3824
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddodad View Post
I found 2 dead otos not too sure what happened tested the water all was perfect (0,0,5) did a 50%pwc just to mske sure
So sorry for your loss. I just got my first otos a few days ago and they are great little fish with lots of personality.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:05 PM   #3825
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Feeding frozen food, since I will have a new spawning tank soon. Might as well start conditioning my bettas early!
Old 07-14-2013, 11:26 PM   #3826
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Noted a bunch of new runners on my dwarf sag. Looks like my Ludwigia is finally starting to grow more. Now that I have otos I can leave the lights on longer.
Old 07-14-2013, 11:43 PM   #3827
Aquarium Advice Addict

Blood worm sunday.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
molliwopp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 11:59 PM   #3828
Aquarium Advice Addict

Managed to kill one of my favorite Zebra loaches while doing a WC . Sad day, he s in our pet cemetery now...
Old 07-15-2013, 12:44 AM   #3829
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

Wife wanted to rearrange some things in the home office so she suggested that I pickup a new stand. Found one at Petco reduced from $109 to $52. Put it together and drilled a hole for electrical wires and CO2 tubing. Removed about 95% of water (fish did not like it, but catching danios in a mod/heavy planted tank is insane) and moved it. Refilled with Prime treated water (fortunately it is WC day), hooked up the DYI CO2 (added a check valve) and things are bubbling away.
Old 07-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #3830
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coryluv View Post

So sorry for your loss. I just got my first otos a few days ago and they are great little fish with lots of personality.
I love them I have been keeping them for years. My first real loss, so down to 7 from 9 not the end of the world. I just don't want to keep the rest alive

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com