Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Community Forum > Aquaria Off-Topic

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-16-2013, 06:26 PM   #3841
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

Moved the 72G tank two more times to get a different layout

Also meant I did another 75% pwc.

Left my 72G half full to treat the tank for the first day since it is a double dose. And the meds are so expensive. I will need another package to complete the treatment of Maracyn 2.

Moved 37G, and did 80% pwc also due to moving it. Cleaned the 110 filter and yuck! And a little Marina 15 filter, I have on there in case I need it for something else.

Cleaned some Garnet sand and added it to the tank as the bottom was bare. Spilled 2/3 of a 5G bucket of dirty water in the carpet, YUCK again! Had to clean that up and I am exhausted.

Threw in a few plants in the bottom of the 37G with the Rocks. The light fixture is built in and it broke. I have been using a Architect lamp with an extension arm and only low light plants in there right now but now that I moved the tank I will need to figure something else out as the light was attached to a desk in the office.

Then moved the 16G bowfront and cleaned filters and 80% pwc due to moving it.

Moved the snail bowl.

Sent daughter to pick up a new bottle of Prime when she went to town, so I don't run out! lol

Have out of state company coming tomorrow and I have a full work week, so glad to get this all done!!!

Now I have a wall of fish tanks, they are all lined up. The 37G will be going when I can get the 72G healthy again.

New to FW fish? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article http://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide-...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/forums...ork&page=rules

FW - 72G / 12G Edge/11.4G Mr Aqua Rimless
SW - Nano 6.6G Edge - Plus a FW 46G bowfront (QT)
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #3842
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Came home to my little guys fed them for today and changed the filter on the tank

Old 07-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #3843
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to Alyxx Send a message via Skype™ to Alyxx
Jarred my 4 largest betta fry today! Chasing had started, so I figured it was time. So I now have a tray with 2 liter coke bottles and 1.75 liter gin bottles with the necks cut off sitting in my makeshift fish room.
Old 07-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #3844

Spot cleaned the 125g those bad boys/girls are poop machines .. did all my feedings and spent some time recording my crawfish , baby blues, and holding females.. also found i have 4 holding females now as my biggest yellow lab is now holding and i have been calling her a him this whole time as she locks lips with my male nyererei on the regular :/
Old 07-18-2013, 07:22 AM   #3845
Elephant nose Finatic!

Pwc change on my bettas tank and filters rinsed boy were they stinky!
Added a rabbit snail to my elephant nose tank he better leave it alone!
Old 07-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #3846

Leaving for work i saw movement in my crawfish tank... took a closer look and its another baby... lucky lil thing cause i vacd the tank the other day thinking i caught all babies n moved to the 55g :/ gonna look closer when i get home ...

Spot cleaned 125g again today with a net n got more poop then with my cleaner yesterday.. and replaced water from yesterdays spot cleaning
Old 07-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #3847
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Observed and enjoyed fish. Did weekly water tests. 0s across the board. I still have no detectable nitrates, but the plants are healthy and growing. I can only guess that the nitrogen is being used by the plants. I'm not going to forgo weekly water changes of a modest 20% just to build up nitrates. I think there is more harm than good in that.

Tomorrow is maintenance day! Yeah!
Old 07-18-2013, 03:26 PM   #3848
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjacks View Post
Leaving for work i saw movement in my crawfish tank... took a closer look and its another baby...
Congrats. Neat that you found it!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:11 PM   #3849
Aquarium Advice FINatic

I found a 5g bow front tank with a hood with a light fixture, a filter and 6 filter cartridges. It also came with an extra large bottle of goldfish flakes that I'm gonna sell. I got the whole thing for just 15 dollars!!
Old 07-18-2013, 04:13 PM   #3850
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishieKeeper429 View Post
I found a 5g bow front tank with a hood with a light fixture, a filter and 6 filter cartridges. It also came with an extra large bottle of goldfish flakes that I'm gonna sell. I got the whole thing for just 15 dollars!!
Heck of a deal!!

25 gallon reef
55 gallon freshwater in the planning stages
jmay33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com